Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ivey and Hellmuth to claim bracelets tonight?

Load Metric

Ivey and Hellmuth to claim bracelets tonight?

Ivey 4th out of 11, the poker brat 1st out of 12...

Streams for final tables will appear here:

http://www.wsop.com/2012/live-video/default.aspx

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post

God I hope not, Shawn Deeb and Andy Frankenburger 1st and 2nd FTW, Ivey and Hellmuth next out please.... Real money Fantasy

Load Metric
    Hellmuth looking good. He might pull it out.

1 of 4.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post

God I hope not, Shawn Deeb and Andy Frankenburger 1st and 2nd FTW, Ivey and Hellmuth next out please.... Real money Fantasy
    Frankenburger just knocked out Deeb in 6th. 66 vs AK AIPF. Flop j106, turn Q, river Q.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

Frankenburger just knocked out Deeb in 6th. 66 vs AK AIPF. Flop j106, turn Q, river Q.

Hellmuth looking awesome. Raking in pot after pot. Over 1M.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

Hellmuth looking awesome. Raking in pot after pot. Over 1M.
    Change your name to Hockey Gay please

Load Metric
    Why the hell is the guy with the microphone announcing the suits of every single card in a razz tournament?

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Both Phils playing like beefcakes.

Load Metric
    Helmuth just knocked out Cantu

Its down to Heads Up

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This the first night I care to turn on the WSOP.com streams to see what happens.

GL to Todd over in the minbetament he's playing. He should say something smart ass to Cunty Duke imo.

Load Metric
    Ivey lost HU to Frankenberger, they went into the heads up about even in chips in the 30bb range. It appears as though PH has his opponent down to 5 bets in his HU battle so he will likely collect another bracelet (his first ever non NLHE bracelet).

edit - PH wins #12 in the 2500 7 card razz.
    Last edited by peter mcneil; 06-11-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Congrats to Hellmuth he finally got that bracelet in a different game then Holdem.

I'm sure Ivey is pissed but then again some of his bracelet bets are probably with Howard Lederer anyways who isn't in a position to pay that man his money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Pretty amazing how good Phil Hellmuth is at the WSOP.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I done agreed - Phil H done seemed just as bads as Russ H to me

slim t

Load Metric
    Hellmuth is very good at tournaments, he puts in a ton of volume but he is very competent in all the games. I think hellmuth winning is good for poker so I am glad he got another bracelet. Looking through the HH on Ivey's 2nd place finish it looks as if he just wasn't sticking to what he does best, and that's going with his gut. There was one big hand frankenberger won with K high and Ivey checked behind on the river. That is something you rarely see from Phil Ivey, checking back with no showdown value. Obv two great players and I would switch bankrolls in a second.
    Last edited by John Stamos; 06-11-2012 at 04:28 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    People can say whatever they want about PH. The bottom line is he can play all the games in a tournament format.

I agree with John Stamos, PH winning bracelet #12 is good for poker. Especially since it was in RAZZ.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    At what point does all of this "how many bracelets have you won" talk become absurd? The big name pros are essentially just buying into every single event whether they are proficient at it or not and just trying to backdoor into a bracelet. No one really even cares if they are turning a profit or not, its all about the bracelet. Ivey almost won a bracelet in the $10,000 limit event but he never would have even been in the event if he hadnt busted early in day 1 of the Razz event that Hellmuth ultimately won.

Furthermore they should give out gold bracelets for certain events, silver for certain events, and bronze for others. You dont deserve a damn gold WSOP bracelet if you win a 150 man SNG in some obscure game that literally a handful of people in the world are proficient at!
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos View Post
    Hellmuth is very good at tournaments, he puts in a ton of volume but he is very competent in all the games. I think hellmuth winning is good for poker so I am glad he got another bracelet. Looking through the HH on Ivey's 2nd place finish it looks as if he just wasn't sticking to what he does best, and that's going with his gut. There was one big hand frankenberger won with K high and Ivey checked behind on the river. That is something you rarely see from Phil Ivey, checking back with no showdown value. Obv two great players and I would switch bankrolls in a second.
    Ivey definitely played that king high hand weird, didnt c-bet the flop, bet called a 3 bet on the turn with what couldnt beat king high, I think its obvious he must have picked up some kind of huge combo draw on the turn then didnt fire the river after being checked to. Im not sure the no bet on the river was as bad Marchese thought, Ivey clearly knows what he is doing and he must have believed an ace high or 2 pair type hand was calling the river. He still had enough chips after that hand to play on, it was the j,10 nut hand frankenberger played that finished him off.

Load Metric
    At what point does all of this "how many bracelets have you won" talk become absurd? The big name pros are essentially just buying into every single event whether they are proficient at it or not and just trying to backdoor into a bracelet. No one really even cares if they are turning a profit or not, its all about the bracelet. Ivey almost won a bracelet in the $10,000 limit event but he never would have even been in the event if he hadnt busted early in day 1 of the Razz event that Hellmuth ultimately won.

Furthermore they should give out gold bracelets for certain events, silver for certain events, and bronze for others. You dont deserve a damn gold WSOP bracelet if you win a 150 man SNG in some obscure game that literally a handful of people in the world are proficient at!

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric

I feel stupid having wasted the minute it took to read this.

Do you only play the holdem, cupcake?

Thread Information