Thread: Dave “El Blondie” Colclough, dead at 52 to cancer

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Dave “El Blondie” Colclough, dead at 52 to cancer

He was one of the early stars in the UK, along with David "Devilfish" Ulliott, who also died of cancer at 61 last year.

RIP

British poker player Dave Colclough, affectionately known as “El Blondie,” died Oct. 18 after a battle with cancer at 52 years old.

Colclough was a regular feature on Late Night Poker in the United Kingdom, often competing against the likes of Simon Trumper, Surinder Sunar, Joe Beevers, Barny and Ross Boatman and the late Dave “Devilfish” Ulliott.

Hailing from Carmarthen in Wales, Colclough was a computer programmer before taking up poker full time. Colclough’s first recorded cash on his Hendon Mob page dates back to February 1995 when he finished eighth in a £100 Pot Limit Hold’em tournament in London for £350. Since then, Colclough amassed live tournament winnings of $2,639,641, enough for him to occupy second place in the Wales all-time money list.
    https://www.pokernews.com/news/2016/...ough-26109.htm
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Played at a 6-handed final table with him in 2006: http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=15020

He finished 6th, I finished 4th.

This was in St. Kitts.

Dave was there with a hot blonde chick who was much younger than him. Actually, I'm surprised he was only 8 years older than me, because he looked around 50 when I saw him in St. Kitts (I was 34 at the time).

Her name was Rhowena, and it turned out she was only 26 years old, and was married to him. Here's a pic of her at the time:

I remember commenting to Miri (my girlfriend at the time) that she was obviously with him for money, and that this wasn't going to end well.

Sure enough, in early 2007, just 5 months later, Dave came home and caught Rhowena in bed with a 26-year-old dude -- apparently a friend of his.

He kicked her out of the house, then tilt-wrote a blog about the situation. While I don't have a copy of the blog, it was described here: http://kickasspoker.blogspot.com/200...cuckolded.html

Of course, with blogs like the above calling him "cuckolded" (which isn't fair, as being cheated on isn't the same as being cuckolded), Dave thought better of the whole thing, realizing that the situation might be somewhat humiliating to him. He deleted his own blog, and then attempted to deny ever having written it, but of course nobody was buying it.

I will say that Dave was a nice guy in my interactions with him in St. Kitts, and I did feel bad for him having gone through that. At the same time, when you're in your 40s and marry a hot-but-shallow chick in her 20s, you're kind of asking for this to eventually happen.

RIP

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, prior to being with Dave, Rhowena worked on as a dominatrix-for-pay on a site called Planet Femdom.

Here is her profile: https://web.archive.org/web/20070518...fdrhowena.html

Nothing salacious about the profile itself, but yeah, that was really her, and she used her real name.

Load Metric
    Name:  Blondie.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  10.9 KB
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Played at a 6-handed final table with him in 2006: http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=15020

He finished 6th, I finished 4th.

This was in St. Kitts.

Dave was there with a hot blonde chick who was much younger than him. Actually, I'm surprised he was only 8 years older than me, because he looked around 50 when I saw him in St. Kitts (I was 34 at the time).

Her name was Rhowena, and it turned out she was only 26 years old, and was married to him. Here's a pic of her at the time:

I remember commenting to Miri (my girlfriend at the time) that she was obviously with him for money, and that this wasn't going to end well.

Sure enough, in early 2007, just 5 months later, Dave came home and caught Rhowena in bed with a 26-year-old dude -- apparently a friend of his.

He kicked her out of the house, then tilt-wrote a blog about the situation. While I don't have a copy of the blog, it was described here: http://kickasspoker.blogspot.com/200...cuckolded.html

Of course, with blogs like the above calling him "cuckolded" (which isn't fair, as being cheated on isn't the same as being cuckolded), Dave thought better of the whole thing, realizing that the situation might be somewhat humiliating to him. He deleted his own blog, and then attempted to deny ever having written it, but of course nobody was buying it.

I will say that Dave was a nice guy in my interactions with him in St. Kitts, and I did feel bad for him having gone through that. At the same time, when you're in your 40s and marry a hot-but-shallow chick in her 20s, you're kind of asking for this to eventually happen.

RIP
    Not always the case. Actor james woods is in his 60s and had a smoking hot 21 year old that he dumped. Off course he is probably much wealthier and its said he has a horse dong.

Thread Information