Thread: Losing your dog is the Worst

Load Metric

Losing your dog is the Worst

Im feeling really amped up. It isn't like me to be up this late as I have been going to sleep at 11pm at the latest. Yes this means having to bookmark druffs shows and listening to them at my leisure. Losing your dog by having to put him to sleep is definitely the worst thing I had to go through. I lost my dog at the end of July of this year. He was a 13 year old lab. He was a big dog weighing in at 90 pounds. We really got him in good shape the past few years. He was 105 at six and out of shape then. My wife would make him rice and fish. The dog was our master not the other way around. I think I made a huge mistake by not getting him trained as a puppy leading him to be an Alpha dog to the nth degree. Really I had to get permission from him so to speak to sleep with my wife when he allowed me to. His bed was next to her side of the bed. If I was sleeping in the bed he would wine non stop in a really high pitched way that made it impossible to sleep forcing me to sleep downstairs . That dog loved my wife as much as I did, I will say that. Every day when she would come home that dog would be doing a happy dance for about 10 minutes. I didn't get that type of a reception , lol. I spent a lot of money on that guy. He had a hematoma in his ear that was almost 2 gs. Fucking vets. They had to pop the blood clot and it got infected they did another surgery and where at least reasonable by not charging me the second time which I assure you did not happen with vets. I had a really good vet he went to for the past 7 years.

A few months ago maybe six months or so he got a pink growth in his right nostril. He was always in good health aside from the hematoma. We had a scare with him last year when my wife took him for a walk and he collapsed. My wife called me to get him . He was lying by a bush panting with his tongue double its size. Off course I googled immediately when I saw the pink growth in his nose. Fuck. Cancer said he had 4 months to live. He made it around six months. 4 months ago im guessing the cancer was spreading and he wasn't able to walk I had to carry him outside. Took him to the vet gave him pills he was walking up the stairs that day after being incapacitated. The fucking growth got bigger and bigger deforming his face and his eyes started running. We probably kept him a week longer then we should have because he was coughing up blood at the end and that growth was really big. The day we took him to be euthanized he was the first dog to be seen. Vets always have a long wait didn't want to put him through that. He hated going to the vet. Gave him a shot to relax him didn't work he refused to be sedated from the shot. The second shot was pretty fast. Had his head on my lap as he was taking his final breaths I went out of the room heartbroken. His memory is all over the house.

It really really sucks to lose your dog. He was such a fighter he would have battled and suffered another month , I couldn't do that to him. He died at the end of July. Thinking about getting a cat. Maybe a Tabby. A few people on this forum lost their dogs. Its devastating to lose such a loyal friend.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Feel Ya Man/Sorry For Your Loss Rep

lewfather: That horrible man but I'm sure sharing it helps with grieving process

tommyt: feelsbadman

IamGreek: I too have felt your pain. Condolences to you and your wife
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 10-18-2016 at 09:20 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Sorry for the loss,I am dreading the day I lose mine.

If I am lucky I have maybe 4 more years with the one laying next to me. And am already trying to prepare for it, almost counting the days and hope he lives longer than normal somehow. I have dealt with lots of "family" dogs passing over the years but this one is my first one that has literally spent every waking moment with me and me only. I am actually scared how I might react I love this mfer so damn much, and he has been through so much shit with me.

I am hoping I can get another one in the next couple of years to "soften the blow", preferably an offspring if I can find a female that is worthy. But I am looking hard because I can't imagine me life without something from this dog still with me. I would recommend trying to find another dog, I couldn't imagine ever living without one.

Comments

big dick: Same situation. I think about it all the time.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I'm really sorry to hear this, and I can feel your pain believe me. My sincere condolences for your loss

When Winnie died last year in February, it really ripped my heart out. I raised her from a tiny little puppy and she was only 11 years old. I had started thinking that she was getting older, but never imagined she would die so suddenly.

One morning I woke up at sunrise about 5:30 am or so and she was laying on my couch, so I said 'move your butt Winnie' prompting her to get off the couch. When she jumped off, her legs buckled and she collapsed on the floor.

I instantly knew something was terribly wrong.

I picked her up and put her back on the couch and she was staring straight ahead and breathing heavily.

Naturally I was panicking and trying to reach a vet at such an early hour. I called an emergency clinic in San Diego, and they told me that she had either a stroke or a heart attack, but she needed oxygen immediately.

Even when I tried to get her to respond with phrases like 'wanna go for a walk'...or 'you hungry?' ...she laid there on the couch staring straight ahead panting.

She weighed 75 pounds, but I picked her up and carried her down three flights of stairs to my Jeep and started driving into Rosarito to the nearest animal hospital

About 1/2 way there, her eyes turned fluorescent green and her body went limp. She died right on my lap.

Needless to say I was in shock, but finished driving to the animal hospital and had to wait almost an hour with her lifeless body in my car, and started to break down in tears.

Finally, the vet arrived and we carried her corpse inside together. I asked for some time to say goodbye to her, and broke down sobbing like a baby for almost an hour just holding her.

The next 3 months were really rough, and I must have cried myself to sleep at least a dozen times. Sometimes I wept so hard my body ached. When I thought I'd fully recovered from her loss, out of the blue I would just break down again...this went on for quite some time.

Even now I miss her terribly, and I don't think a day goes by I don't think about her. But I'm proud to say that she had a very good life.

In a strange way I'm almost glad she went suddenly rather than suffering from an extended illness. But it still hurts. I've never experienced grief like that in my entire life.

RIP Winnie my sweet girl

Name:  zzx.JPG
Views: 369
Size:  86.4 KB

Comments

SysOp:

big dick: winnie

adamantium:

FRANKRIZZO: thanks

Load Metric
    Sorry for your loss frank. He sounded like a badass, went down with a fight. Good for him.

Load Metric
    Yes, it's the worst thing ever.

I should have put my last dog down about two weeks before I did; she was declining before then but seemed in good spirits.

Sucks to be in that spot, give yourself some time to grieve and get a new dog, because dogs are the absolute best.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Been there. I'm a huge dog lover. The only thing you can do is to be grateful for what he added to your life and let time heal the wound.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Sorry to hear about that Rizzo, been there done that. I decided to not own a dog after my last dog passed.
    The difference in life expectancy is brutal.

Then a relative moved into an apartment that didn't allow dogs. Long story short, I now have a Puggle Pug/Beagle.
    He's cool and all but I'd trade him in a heartbeat for my ol one eyed dog Bozz.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: That's awesome.

Load Metric
    A couple of forum people had their dogs pass this year also. Everyone who has had a dog pass knows the pain. Thanks guys.

Load Metric
    There are people that post here I'd rather see pass before my last dog. It's the fucking worst.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    There are people that post here I'd rather see pass before my last dog. It's the fucking worst.
    Id rather see you all pass before my spaniel
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Having to put down your best friend is the toughest thing. I dread the day I have to do it again.

I have my first dogs ashes in an urn on my TV cabinet.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Having to put down your best friend is the toughest thing. I dread the day I have to do it again.

Name:  feb.JPG
Views: 288
Size:  90.3 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

Name:  feb.JPG
Views: 288
Size:  90.3 KB
    Do you still have the dog from mexico?
    Slava Ukraini!

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post

yea I still have Tommy....at least for the next week

Name:  toms.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  56.2 KB

that's my baby boy

I have to foster him out while I'm gone which sucks, but he'll be in good hands.

I found a lady that does long term care and she has a huge backyard and 5 other male dogs for him to play with.

I'm pretty bummed out about having to leave him for 4 months, but you know how it is

gotta make that scratch

Comments

rum dick: tommy is a pimp

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

yea I still have Tommy....at least for the next week

Name:  toms.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  56.2 KB

that's my baby boy

I have to foster him out while I'm gone which sucks, but he'll be in good hands.

I found a lady that does long term care and she has a huge backyard and 5 other male dogs for him to play with.

I'm pretty bummed out about having to leave him for 4 months, but you know how it is

gotta make that scratch
    how much does it cost to have someone look after the dog for 4 months? and what did you do with dog number 2?
    Slava Ukraini!

Banned
    Load Metric
    how much does it cost to have someone look after the dog for 4 months? and what did you do with dog number 2?

I investigated a lot of different dog sitters that varied in price from 30 bucks a day, to a lot less

met a few shady people I would never trust Tommy with

you'd be amazed how many people will literally try to STEAL your dog from you if you give them the opportunity

The lady I found is very nice and gave me a good rate of $250.00 per month which we negotiated down from her normal pet sitting fee considering it's an 'extended stay', which I think was very fair.

The other dog I had 'Spuds' I really wanted to keep, but considering Tommy was just a newborn puppy, it was too much of a an additional load, and I ultimately decided to find Spuds a better home and just keep Tommy.

found a nice family in Puerto Nuevo that took him in.

I hope he is doing well....He was pretty dumb, but a sweetheart...he needed a better home than I could have ever provided for him

the prospect of raising Tommy was hard enough without taking on another stray and I wanted to do the right thing for both

Bronze
    Load Metric
    i understand your pain. my lucygirl died on fathers day. I miss her so much.

Load Metric
    Id take tommy in for 4 months free of charge If somehow you would be able to get him to us.

Thread Information