Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: latest windows 10 update issues

Platinum
    Load Metric

latest windows 10 update issues

So fucking tilted right now.

Im typing from my phone because i cant use the computer for shit now after it downloaded the latest update. Inhave to "login" from a dos screen, and when im on, i cant go on intwrnet or anything, and i cant even utilize the start menu in the bottom left corner. Wtf???

Anyone else getting issues?

Comments

Sanlmar: Kludge

Load Metric
    Install Gentoo and then pour water on your video card because it's overheating. Your video card is probably too old and can't handle the pristine graphics of windows 10, so it's displaying something more suitable.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm so tired of Windows 10 updates screwing with my sound card settings.

Seriously.

Keeps messing things up for radio.

This shouldn't happen.

Banned
    Load Metric
    whatever the fuck you do dont neglect windows 10 updates, I was because they can be tedious and I tend to just leave my computer on 247 without rebooting unless 100% necessary and more than a few times it has burned me while playing poker. One time deep in a tournament it just snap decided to reboot and update on its own that cost me a bunch of MTT hands. Another time while I was multi-tabling in the middle of a bunch of hands and nothing is more tilting.

Name:  o-MONEY-LOSS-570.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  36.5 KB

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    why the hell are you guys not running Windows 7

I'm about to get a new laptop and I think I'm gonna try to make the jump to Linux on it because fuck the new tablet-tier bullshit Windows.

currently running 7 pro on both my PC's, but I had to completely disable windows updates AND install some 3rd party software to keep microsoft from "updating" my computers without my permission

work computers have Windows 10 and i hate it. I know i could get used to it but I don't want it on my machines

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post

I'm about to get a new laptop and I think I'm gonna try to make the jump to Linux on it because fuck the new tablet-tier bullshit Windows.

currently running 7 pro on both my PC's, but I had to completely disable windows updates AND install some 3rd party software to keep microsoft from "updating" my computers without my permission

work computers have Windows 10 and i hate it. I know i could get used to it but I don't want it on my machines

honestly if youre not running some faggoty touch screen, you have no excuse for not running windows 7, which is a very efficient and well put together OS.

that said, suppressing windows updates is a real dangerous play, security wise.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    2010 was a good year for software.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

honestly if youre not running some idioticy touch screen, you have no excuse for not running windows 7, which is a very efficient and well put together OS.

I have a idioticy touch screen, so I have no choice.

But I agree it can be dangerous to suppress Windows updates, especially for a long time.

Comments

sonatine: coge, sympathies

Load Metric
    Don't worry, Windows 11 will fix everything.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I actually like Windows 10. WAY better than that awwwwwful Windows 8, which just obnoxiously decided that you were going to treat your PC like a tablet, and fuck you if you didn't want to.

Windows 10 was a concession that you should have the right to use your PC the way you want.

But those updates are just so intrusive. It's absolutely unacceptable how they keep breaking things and clobbering settings.

Even my touchpad settings got killed by one of the updates.

So tilting.

Here is another thread I made on the subject: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...10-update-JOKE

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Windows 10 was a concession that you should have the right to use your PC the way you want.
    The update shenanigans show that they believe you should only have the appearance of using a pc the way you want.

at home, I'm 100% chromeOS and android now, with a few kindles thrown in for good measure. my main guy is the Toshiba Chromebook 2, and I run linux (inside? next to?) on it at the same time. Real easy to do, you can even do it right in a chrome window without switching environments at all.

i've heard that chromeOS remote desktop works just fine too, but I've never needed to use it.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: just ordered a laptop w linux. looks pretty ez, all i do is shitpost and steal media anyways

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric

honestly if youre not running some faggoty touch screen, you have no excuse for not running windows 7, which is a very efficient and well put together OS.

ruh roh

oh well after about 1 hours of research I took the plunge and ordered my tri-yearly refurbished Dell Latitude (8gb ram, 500gb hd corei5) with Linux Mint preinstalled for a whopping 225 dollars

I'm gonna switch my avatar to a guy fawkes mask and comment in every one of these windows threads using terms like Windoze, Kikero$oft and pleb

wish me luck

Load Metric
    There is not a kernel of truth in this thread.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Gee, what progress!

I can now login properly and get on the internet via firefox (sometimes)

only one little problem

-Start menu doesn't work...in fact, if I even so much as click on the icon in the bottom corner, a window pops up saying "critical error, you can log out and sign in again later to fix this"....but it only gives you one option to literally sign out immediately.

-Every time I start Firefox, the system asks me if I want to make Firefox my default browser. Every...single...time.

-multitudes of other little quirks

I don't even know how to find the damn control panel to try some solutions, as the menus don't even work and even the search feature is inoperable

This is such bullshit. It is beyond unacceptable for a company of this magnitude to continuously release such bullshit that people are more or less forced to accept.

Like others have mentioned, I wish I could at least use Win 7; It worked so much better than this

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Gee, what progress!

only one little problem

-Start menu doesn't work...in fact, if I even so much as click on the icon in the bottom corner, a window pops up saying "critical error, you can log out and sign in again later to fix this"....but it only gives you one option to literally sign out immediately.

-Every time I start Firefox, the system asks me if I want to make Firefox my default browser. Every...single...time.

I don't even know how to find the damn control panel to try some solutions, as the menus don't even work and even the search feature is inoperable

This is such bullshit. It is beyond unacceptable for a company of this magnitude to continuously release such bullshit that people are more or less forced to accept.

Like others have mentioned, I wish I could at least use Win 7; It worked so much better than this

If this was my computer, Id assume that either my CPU/RAM/HD was dying or that it simply wasnt compliant with Win10. I'd format the drive and try to reinstall before I started getting into hardware diagnostics tho.

Comments

Gordman:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    just do a system restore from just before the windows update jacked it.

Winupdate should have created a restore point

Comments

Gordman: That's what i thought...it didn't though
    Slava Ukraini!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Gee, what progress!

only one little problem

If this was my computer, Id assume that either my CPU/RAM/HD was dying or that it simply wasnt compliant with Win10. I'd format the drive and try to reinstall before I started getting into hardware diagnostics tho.

Thanks for the advice, ive been considering formatting and redoing it so ill probably start there. The thing is, this laptop isn't that terribly old (its a Dell, maybe 1 1/2 years?) and its not like its some stripped down bottom of the barrel system.

Load Metric
    are there no restore points?
    Slava Ukraini!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    are there no restore points?

Nope. I checked when this started happening and the system said there wasn't any, which is kind of a head-scratcher because I could swear at least a long time ago I made a couple. Might be another error though along with all of the other problems

Load Metric
    just do a clean Windows 10 install, highly doubt this is hardware related
    Slava Ukraini!

Thread Information