Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rolled: A Diabetic Saga

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    How does Bucky feel about your new loss of mass? You taking him on long walks and runs and shit?

Lots of walks and I'm really lucky that there is a dog park in my neighborhood! So he's happy as hell.

Name:  IMG_0497.JPG
Views: 702
Size:  254.1 KB

Comments

big dick: BUCKY

Crowe Diddly: !! rep

Load Metric
    re: owners walking dogs

dog walking benefits owners too: it gives them a reason to do some mild exercise and separates them from the kitchen
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Banned
    Load Metric
    this thread calls for a recent video of Tommy

also, glad you're OK Lew

keep on keepin' on

Comments

lewfather: Thanks and Tommy is god

big dick: AHAHA FUCKING tommy! what a boss

Banned
    Load Metric
    honestly feel like a different person, dripping from alchemy.

same diet, still losing weight, pushing my workouts harder and harder. starting to incorporate yoga on top of my cardio. yall need to take heed, this shit is real. I dont even eat great, im pounding down sirloin, chicken, mexican food etc on the reg and still dropping weight.

but feeling better I am working out a lot more, every day, including more as i can without feeling awful.

literaly heads are rolling

Comments

Hockey Guy: Awesome to hear. Keep it up.

Load Metric
    "im pounding down sirloin, chicken."
    Keep doing this. Sirloin is the best steak you can eat as far as health goes. Very low fat to protein ration.
    Keep up the good work Lew and DON'T GIVE UP. Keep up with the diet and the excercise and do your best to drink as little as possible. Do that and it will be smooth sailing brother.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Keep doing this. Sirloin is the best steak you can eat as far as health goes. Very low fat to protein ration.
    Keep up the good work Lew and DON'T GIVE UP. Keep up with the diet and the excercise and do your best to drink as little as possible. Do that and it will be smooth sailing brother.
    Quit giving advice on something you know very little about. Eat steaks high in fat. Get a fatty Ribeye and throw a couple of eggs on top too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Quit giving advice on something you know very little about. Eat steaks high in fat. Get a fatty Ribeye and throw a couple of eggs on top too.
    Why in the fuck would you suggest he eat a ribeye and more fat? You stupid or something? Well I know you are but....

http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition...-cuts-of-steak

here is what this jackass posted two minutes b4 he posted itt

LOL. Trump is going to win the popular vote but lose the election. Have fun standing in line like a jackass voting for a rich white person. Catch me at In N Out eating a Double Cheeseburger without the bun!
    Last edited by big dick; 11-05-2016 at 04:01 PM.

Gold
    Load Metric

Why in the fuck would you suggest he eat a ribeye and more fat? You stupid or something? Well I know you are but....

LOL. Trump is going to win the popular vote but lose the election. Have fun standing in line like a jackass voting for a rich white person. Catch me at In N Out eating a Double Cheeseburger without the bun!
    Fuck you faggot. Fat is not bad for you and the same goes for cholesterol.

Load Metric

You know that there are different types of fat right? Dumbfucker

http://www.health.harvard.edu/stayin...s-bad-and-good
    Last edited by big dick; 11-05-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Load Metric

Why even bother eating when you can just drink crisco.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric

Why even bother eating when you can just drink crisco.
    Take it to the 408 fitness forum
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    So your 250ish? The last portion of pounds is always the hardest. Formerly 50 pounds overweight myself I found the first 30 came off ez pz the next 20 took a lot of effort. I feel really good at 200 lbs. I love to eat prodigiously also. I go well beyond satiety level. Keeping the weight off once you lose it is a constant struggle also. Good luck with the last 50 pounds you want to take off.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    this thread calls for a recent video of Tommy

also, glad you're OK Lew

keep on keepin' on

Awww

Banned
    Load Metric

Comments

MumblesBadly: Fuck the ADA! Those assholes are guaranteeing their career sustainability!

Load Metric
    I don't know how I missed this the first time around. Really glad you caught it before it before the damage was irreparable. Well done on weight loss.

Comments

lewfather: thank you

Load Metric
    Name:  Instagram-Donald-Trumps-most-controversial-statement-72f236.png
Views: 377
Size:  40.5 KB

Load Metric
    I just ran across a vid about sugar that briefly explains why Type 2 diabetes is exasperated by obesity. I found it quite easy to follow while being quite informative.

Why so interested? I was diagnosed with diabetes last January and was started on Metformin then to control it. But I didnt lose any weight over the past year, as I got complacent when taking 1000mg of it worked to control my blood sugar... Well, only for about 8 months or so. Then I was back to needing to pee every 3 hours. And had nerve pain in my toes/feet. Not good.

How much so? Well, last year when I first got diagnosed, my BS was hovering at about 150-160 in the morning. Not too bad, but should be lower. The Dr started me on 500mg Metformin for a week, then upped it to 1000mg. Earlier this month, when my BS was hovering near 200 even on the 1000mg of Metformin, the Dr upped the Metformin to 2000mg/day and added 5mg of glycoZIDE (?). And I've sustantialled changed two one aspects of my diet: (1) Avoiding obvious carbs, liks bread, rice, potatoes, sugary items, and (2) overall reducing my calory intake to about 2000/day. I'm guessing that I was easily downing about 3000-3500 calories/day before based on my eating habits. And possibly more. Hence no weight loss from last year from the roughly 300lbs then.

The new result? Since I started this routine about two weeks ago, my BS is now consistently around 100 +/- 20. And I've added the practice of taking my BS just before I plan to eat during the day. And each time since then, it's been good.

As for my diet, I'm not killing myself to drastically lose weight fast, as I want this to be a lifestyle change and not a self-punishing sprint that I can't sustain. I'll weigh myself once a month to see where I'm at. And add exercise to my routine.

Now for the video...

Last edited by MumblesBadly; 01-18-2017 at 06:34 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    It's too bad we can't sacrifice Mumbles to have the good Lord take diabetes away from Lew.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    I just ran across a vid about sugar that briefly explains why Type 2 diabetes is exasperated by obesity. I found it quite easy to follow while being quite informative.

Why so interested? I was diagnosed with diabetes last January and was started on Metformin then to control it. But I didnt lose any weight over the past year, as I got complacent when taking 1000mg of it worked to control my blood sugar... Well, only for about 8 months or so. Then I was back to needing to pee every 3 hours. And had nerve pain in my toes/feet. Not good.

How much so? Well, last year when I first got diagnosed, my BS was hovering at about 150-160 in the morning. Not too bad, but should be lower. The Dr started me on 500mg Metformin for a week, then upped it to 1000mg. Earlier this month, when my BS was hovering near 200 even on the 1000mg of Metformin, the Dr upped the Metformin to 2000mg/day and added 5mg of glycoZIDE (?). And I've sustantialled changed two one aspects of my diet: (1) Avoiding obvious carbs, liks bread, rice, potatoes, sugary items, and (2) overall reducing my calory intake to about 2000/day. I'm guessing that I was easily downing about 3000-3500 calories/day before based on my eating habits. And possibly more. Hence no weight loss from last year from the roughly 300lbs then.

The new result? Since I started this routine about two weeks ago, my BS is now consistently around 100 +/- 20. And I've added the practice of taking my BS just before I plan to eat during the day. And each time since then, it's been good.

As for my diet, I'm not killing myself to drastically lose weight fast, as I want this to be a lifestyle change and not a self-punishing sprint that I can't sustain. I'll weigh myself once a month to see where I'm at. And add exercise to my routine.

Now for the video...

Most doctors are idiots when it comes to type 2 diabetes. They put you on metformin and then bump up the dosage and then when that doesn't fix it, they put you on insulin and keep bumping up the dosage. Very simple solution yet few will do it. Cut the carbs and quit being afraid of saturated fat and cholesterol. Eat bacon, eggs, avocado, butter, heavy whipping cream, cheese, fish, chicken, seafood, and meat etc. You don't need to count calories either. No other animal on earth counts calories, nor should humans. Quit the carbs and the pounds will melt away and your type 2 diabetes will be gone. You can fix yourself in 6 months.

Gold
    Load Metric
    And anyone who thinks going vegan will help is delusional. All that will do is make you a scrawny little bitch like real kid poker. I have never seen a vegan who looks healthy, they all look like they got aids or terminal cancer.

Thread Information