Thread: Best way to trade FX?

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric

Best way to trade FX?

After the brexit shenanigans the pound has taken a huge shit against both the dollar and the euro.

I suspect the pound will struggle to gain ground against the dollar, but I reckon in the medium term the Euro has bigger problems than the pound, so I would like to punt on GBPEUR (currently 1.11) going up. I'd be looking to risk £2,000 per cent movement and would set a stop loss at 1.00 and a profit target at 1.24.

What's the best way to trade / bet this position as a regular punter. Also any tips for a noob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    The best tip anyone can give you is don't try to trade FX. You'll lose your shirt sooner or later.

Load Metric
    ok so what is the second best tip?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    Have enough connections and capital to be among the small group of elite investment bankers and fund managers who manipulate the FX markets.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    The best tip anyone can give you is don't try to trade FX. You'll lose your shirt sooner or later.
    I don't think I'll get hooked on it. I see at as more of a hedge to my share portfolio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    I don't think I'll get hooked on it. I see at as more of a hedge to my share portfolio.
    A better hedge to your share portfolio is to buy shares of companies in other countries that trade in other currencies, or that have more exposure to other currencies, or ETFs of such stocks, or bonds denominated in other currencies, if you can get a good tax-adjusted return on those bonds. That way you can get the benefit of long-term growth in the market, interest payments and/or dividends and simultaneously reduce currency risk. Commodities, metals and currencies are pure gambling.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    Give me half your money. I'll kick you in the nuts and you'll end up with a lot more money than you would have trading FX.

Comments

hongkonger: This

Load Metric
    Some might say short the pound..

Name:  george soros what's going on.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  116.3 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    After the brexit shenanigans the pound has taken a huge shit against both the dollar and the euro.

I suspect the pound will struggle to gain ground against the dollar, but I reckon in the medium term the Euro has bigger problems than the pound, so I would like to punt on GBPEUR (currently 1.11) going up. I'd be looking to risk £2,000 per cent movement and would set a stop loss at 1.00 and a profit target at 1.24.

What's the best way to trade / bet this position as a regular punter. Also any tips for a noob.
    I'll admit that flashcrash the end of the week was bizarre. I still loving the crush I made over the Brexit vote. Didn't jump immediately but once it went from 1.50 to 1.49 when the votes started coming out it was on like donkey kong. There are some decent brokers out there some of which we in the states can't use. I believe one of the preferred brokers one guy I follow is HotFX. Guy I read and follow is a forex trader living in London now was from Russia and ya know the Russians are crazy. if curious his website is www.vladimirrabakov.com I've used couple of his black box programs and had decent success.

Thread Information