Thread: Another tout, another fraudster

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric

Another tout, another fraudster

Celebrity tout Adam Meyer arrested on charges of fraud and extortion regarding the extraction of over $25 million from a wealthy Wisconsin client over a four-year period.

http://www.jsonline.com/business/spo...285260421.html

Allegations include the brandishing of a weapon and other threats of violence against the victim's family members in an attempt to raise money that was for Meyer's debts, not those of the victim.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What a scumbag.

When Victim A balked at sending more money, Meyer and an associate flew to Fond du Lac from Florida to meet with Victim A in April 2012.

"During the meeting, Meyer's associate brandished a firearm and demanded Victim A send Meyer more money to pay off a purported gambling debt," the indictment said. "In response to that threat, Victim A agreed to provide $9.8 million to Meyer."
    I wonder how rich the guy was that they extracted this money from.

This is worse than a scam. It's a violent extortionist.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    http://www.adamwins.com/about

There are always all kinds of debates on who the biggest star in Vegas
    is. Well, around this time of year, there is no question about
    it. His name is Adam Meyer, and he is the sports
    consultant to the stars.

You don't think for a minute that the biggest players in
    "Send-it-in-city"pick their own games do you? No way! Adam is
    box office money, and the heavy hitters know it. His client list
    reads like the front page of Variety.

Adam has been in the handicapping business for
    over 25 years. If there’s an outcome, Adam will show you
    how to turn it into an income.

Adam appears on more than a dozen current radio shows
    across the country as well as TV and radio in the
    UK and China. Adam isn't a rising star, he's already there.
    Adam has been featured or referenced in USA Today,
    ESPN Insider, CNBC,The Wall Street Journal, E! TV
    Cigar Aficionado, The Las Vegas Review Journal
    and the list goes on.

Load Metric
    This is an awfully far cry from what Cigar Aficionado magazine wrote about Mr. Meyer in 2011.

Karma must have turned something upside down here.

Would definitely be interesting to know who the victim was.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Some guy paid Meyer like 4 million for picks with stolen money from rich NFL and NBA players ( I think tank black) and Meyer was forced to give it back to the victims I believe

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The stolen money part is a problem which probably put this guy over the edge but still if you are paying a tout top dollar for sports picks especially in today's world with a shitload of data on the internet then you are an idiot.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    The stolen money part is a problem which probably put this guy over the edge but still if you are paying a tout top dollar for sports picks especially in today's world with a shitload of data on the internet then you are an idiot.
    Yes. I would argue the converse as well. If you are touting picks then in most cases it is because you are not good enough to make money on your picks alone. This guy was embezzling money years and years ago. Way before that cigar article.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Benford View Post
    This is an awfully far cry from what Cigar Aficionado magazine wrote about Mr. Meyer in 2011.

Karma must have turned something upside down here.

Would definitely be interesting to know who the victim was.
    From the Cigar Aficionado article:

Mike Colbert, who oversees sports betting for Cantor Gaming in Las Vegas, describes Meyer as "the real deal" and limits his NBA action to $100,000 per game. If he could bet more there, Meyer would—and if Meyer were not such a dangerous player, Colbert would allow it.
    If Meyer was the "real deal", his NBA action would have been limited to zero per game, not $100,000.

I can't believe how dumb some of these gambling-related articles are.

Load Metric
    From the Cigar Afficionado article:

I studied math and the Pythagorean theorem and how it can all be applied to sports gambling

Triangles for the win.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Mike Colbert, who oversees sports betting for Cantor Gaming in Las Vegas, describes Meyer as "the real deal" and limits his NBA action to $100,000 per game. If he could bet more there, Meyer would—and if Meyer were not such a dangerous player, Colbert would allow it.
    If Meyer was the "real deal", his NBA action would have been limited to zero per game, not $100,000.

Todd, I had a huge thing for Valerie in the days of this pic, or put another way, before Eddie got a hold of it...

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyDeadWood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Todd, I had a huge thing for Valerie in the days of this pic, or put another way, before Eddie got a hold of it...

OMG you did? That's so fucking awesome.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyDeadWood View Post

OMG you did? That's so fucking awesome.

Easy there BGC....or I'll tell your mother when I see her tonight to take your allowance money away...

Load Metric
    The one thing I don't get, but I've read a few times now, is that Adam Meyer himself acted like he was "Kent Wong", the evil bookie looking for his cash. He is (or was) on the radio all the time, he actually sounds pretty professional, for a tout, but he has a very distinctive voice.
    I doubt he could talk to anyone frequently, then call that same guy w/a trick voice and fool him.

Anyway I hope they throw the book at him. Its one thing to set up an 800 # and sell BS picks, this is criminal on so many levels.

Sports bet consultant pleads not guilty to threatening Wisconsin customer

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/s...287580191.html

A Florida sports betting consultant pleaded not guilty Monday to allegations that he threatened a Wisconsin customer into giving him more than $25 million.

Adam Meyer, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., appeared with his attorney in U.S. District Court in Milwaukee. Meyer's trial was set for March 16, and a judge continued his $1 million signature bond.

Meyer was indicted on fraud, extortion and gun charges.....................
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    The one thing I don't get, but I've read a few times now, is that Adam Meyer himself acted like he was "Kent Wong", the evil bookie looking for his cash. He is (or was) on the radio all the time, he actually sounds pretty professional, for a tout, but he has a very distinctive voice.
    I doubt he could talk to anyone frequently, then call that same guy w/a trick voice and fool him.

Anyway I hope they throw the book at him. Its one thing to set up an 800 # and sell BS picks, this is criminal on so many levels.

Sports bet consultant pleads not guilty to threatening Wisconsin customer

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/s...287580191.html

A Florida sports betting consultant pleaded not guilty Monday to allegations that he threatened a Wisconsin customer into giving him more than $25 million.

Adam Meyer, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., appeared with his attorney in U.S. District Court in Milwaukee. Meyer's trial was set for March 16, and a judge continued his $1 million signature bond.

Meyer was indicted on fraud, extortion and gun charges.....................
    You might be right. I wondered the same thing.

I'm guessing he is either good at changing his voice (think Seth MacFarlane with all the parts he plays on Family Guy), or he had one of his thug buddies act as "Kent Wong" on the calls.

Load Metric
    Victim A in this case now identified as owner of Wisconsin's largest liquor distributor. 400 employees.

http://wbay.com/2015/01/16/badger-li...xtortion-case/

Load Metric
    http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/b...293877031.html

Betting tout facing federal charges sent to drug rehab

By Cary Spivak of the Journal Sentinel Feb. 24, 2015 12:26 p.m.

Despite Adam Meyer failing four drug tests and skipping four others, a federal judge opted not to revoke his bail and instead sent him to drug rehabilitation as the betting tout fights charges he scammed a Fond du Lac man out of $25 million.

U.S. Magistrate Judge William Duffin told Meyer, once a nationally known betting handicapper who bragged he sold betting tips for up to $250,000 each to high-rollers and celebrities stars, that he could easily revoke his $1 million bail and send him to jail.

"Nobody would second guess," a revocation, Duffin told Meyer during the 30-minute hearing to review Meyer's bail.

Instead, Duffin followed the advice of Joel Hirschhorn, Meyer's lawyer, that he be ordered to begin an intensive inpatient drug treatment program on Thursday. The recommendation was endorsed by Gregory Haanstad, the assistant U.S. attorney prosecuting Meyer. The treatment will be in southern Florida where Meyer lives.

Meyer, 42, was arrested in his Fort Lauderdale home in December and charged with six felonies, including one that could result in a life sentence. The indictment charges that he scammed a person referred to only as Victim A — a person later identified by the Journal Sentinel as Gary Sadoff, owner of Badger Liquor Co. Inc. — by brandishing a gun and demanding millions of dollars. Sadoff has confirmed he was Victim A.

In the week after the gun incident, Sadoff wired $9.8 million to accounts controlled by Meyer or his associates, the indictment states. The indictment said the Sadoff initially purchased betting tips from Meyer's company but that as time went on he began placing wagers with bookies recommended by Meyer. Sadoff did not know the bookies were linked to Meyer, the indictment states.

Meyer and an associate told Sadoff that a bookie believed that Meyer and Sadoff were betting partners and "that the bookie was holding (Sadoff) equally responsible for the debt," the indictment charges. Sometimes, the indictment says, Meyer identified himself as Kent Wong when he called Sadoff demanding money.

During the Tuesday bail hearing, Haanstad said that Meyer has failed drug test as recently as earlier this month and has not followed the advice of his probation officers that he seek additional drug treatment. His attitude has been that going for treatment would be "a lie because he didn't have any drug issues," Haanstad said.

In addition, Haanstad noted that on top of the federal charges, Meyer facing two counts of felony drug possession in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

In that case, police found drugs — including 13 OxyContin pills — on Meyer after he was in a one-car accident. At the time, Haanstad said, Meyer told police that had "received an email saying put drugs in his car and he would be involved in a accident" and police would find the drugs.

Haanstad said that Meyer has come up with other "preposterous" to explain his drug problem.

Duffin said, however, that Meyer has shown "arrogance to the way he's approached this stuff."

Hirschhorn argued that Meyer was in denial about his drug problem. "Clients who have drug problems are often in deep denial" until they are "whacked by a 2-by-4 to get their attention."

He acknowledged that his client was not following instruction of the probation officers in southern Flordia. "Mr. Meyer is not one of there star pupils," he said.

About Cary Spivak

Load Metric
    Update he goes to court 2-29-2016
    Had a guy hold a gun to his client's head.

Prosecutor: Threat in gambling case delivered with gun to head

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/p...361722371.html

When Florida betting handicapper Adam Meyer demanded that Fond du Lac millionaire Gary Sadoff cough up nearly $10 million, the message was delivered by a Meyer associate who had a gun pointed at Sadoff's head, ........

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMPAGE

Adam Meyer pleads guilty: http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/c...scam/89996586/

Adam Meyer turns out to be one of Cantor Gaming's biggest clients in their illegal under-the-table large-dollar betting scheme: http://www.flushdraw.net/news/convic...investigation/

Thread Information