Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone have a American Express Platinum Card?

Load Metric
    good to know who is insecure about their life.....

Load Metric
    get the card so everyone knows how much of a baller you are you fucking faggot

Load Metric
    I've had this card now for two years. I had the Amex Gold Premier before for about 10 years.

Although technically there is no credit limit on the platinum (or gold for that matter), that statement is misleading in the sense that you are only pre-authorized to spend X amount depending on your prior spending habits, credit score, if you carry high balances with other cards etc.

You can always check on both the mobile app and website what you are pre-authorized to spend.

The first 6 months had the card I almost cancelled it. I was declined a handful of times. Once at a grocery store I hadn't been to before, at an Apple Store and at Louis Vitton. In all instances I had to call customer service and verify it was me making the charges. They claimed since I had never made purchases at those specific stores, it was flagged as potential fraud.

When I got the card I got an offer that if I spent $3000 in 3 months I would receive 75,000 Amex points, which is the equivalent of $375 in cash back on putchase or $750 in gift cards. I still have never redeemed any points. I have somewhere near 300,000 now, which actually isn't a lot.

If you don't use the perks that come with the card that were mentioned prior in this thread, there really is no point to use it.

Besides what was mentioned, free roadside assistance (with up to 10 miles of towing 3 times a year) is included.

The centurion lounges are amazing. Gourmet food (served buffet style), beds to rest, full bar, showers etc. Like a mini hotel. I honestly arrive early in Vegas just to eat, relax, etc in the lounge.

The airfare credit can now also be used to pay for and expedite TSA pre-check/global entry.

You'll receive a massive book with your card explaining hotel benefits such as if using your Amex to book, you'll receive late check out, early check in, in some cases $100-$200 food/resort credit/upgrades etc.

Lastly, a good way to build up your spending limit is to pay everything off quick. My pre-authorized limit was $15,000 when I received the card. I would pay back within a day or two every time I charged something. In some cases before it even posted. This raised my limit to $45,000 in about 6 months.

Verdict: I like the card a lot. If you get a decent sign up promotion, use the travel benefits, road side service as needed and travel where there lounges, it really does pay for itself.

Also, when you bring yourself and guests into the centurion lounge, you will notice a charge on your card within a day or two for each person. That charge will be credited back.

I literally have over 30 credit cards now. A lot of this started from reading the credit card bonus whoring thread. I will remind everyone that if your short term fico score means a lot to you, do not have more than 2-3 hard inquiries done per year or your score will take a hit.

I went from 790 all the way down to 715 in 6 months from applying for too many cards.

Funny but true story. The only person I know with a black Amex is Cmoney. In 2010 he was in Vegas and had gotten sick. He took a taxi to a hospital. Fortunately he was just dehydrated and needed fluids. After about 12 hours they released him. He started waking back to the strip thinking it was close (because he could see it) and there weren't any taxis around and his phone was dead.

He started getting tired and realized the strip was further than he thought. He walked by a Lexus dealership on Maryland parkway. He walked in and bought a brand new Lexus with black Amex card to drive back to the strip!!! He kept the car parked in a lot behind the polo towers for over 3 years and finally had it towed to NYC city when he moved there in 2013.

Load Metric
    I only got 40,000 points off $3K spending, which is good I suppose, I can knock that out in a few weeks. The real leak is the $450 a year fee. I honestly only got it because I was pretty flattered they sent it to me. In 2008 when I went through my, ahem, issues, I could not get a limit of even $1,000 to a credit company. That was a long time ago and during the financial crisis and it took over 5 years to get my score from 550 to over 750 (you never know with these credit reporting agencies, one score is 725 the other is 735 and the other 780, fucking crazy).

For me its a vindication of sorts. I get a lot of people don't get that, but when you were drowning at one time you get it.

Going to flash it for sure, especially in crowded places, bars, etc...

Load Metric
    He started getting tired and realized the strip was further than he thought. He walked by a Lexus dealership on Maryland parkway. He walked in and bought a brand new Lexus with black Amex card to drive back to the strip!!! He kept the car parked in a lot behind the polo towers for over 3 years and finally had it towed to NYC city when he moved there in 2013.

Thread Information