Thread: Poker is like life, and life's a bitch

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Poker is like life, and life's a bitch

It's a tired cliche that poker can be seen as a metaphor for life itself. Sometimes we get dealt shitty cards in life, so to speak, but we still have to accept this and decide how best to play these cards.

The saying 'life's a bitch' could be construed negatively but for the purpose of this post I will take bitch for its literal meaning and say that life is a female dog - because after all, life would cease to exist if it wasn't for females.

I want to talk about the numbers game, probability, and how that relates to women: I've tried online dating in the past, and at first I thought it was a numbers game and that if I just kept firing out messages then eventually I'd have success as something would click and I'd get a date. I soon realised that my thinking was flawed, and that it didn't matter how many messages I sent to random women, because if my perceived 'game' wasn't up to scratch - my pictures were shoddy, profile was weak, and messages were shallow - then I wasn't going to get success regardless of how many messages I fired out. I eventually decided it was for the best to quit online dating for good, as it it was killing my self-esteem as a self respecting man, and that the odds were heavily stacked against me as a male anyway in the internet dating game.

That's not to say that I quit and let the game beat me like that, I merely decided to approach the game from a different angle that was most optimal for me - that being the real physical world, where women can't simply ignore what you say, and are forced to engage you in some form of conversation even if they do decide to palm you away with rejection.

When I used to play live poker I'd often notice that my results on any given night would often depend on how I was feeling: if I was in a good mood, was playing comfortably within my bankroll, and was feeling positive about things, I would often end the night a winner; otoh if I was feeling negative and down in the dumps for whatever reason, then almost always I'd end up losing. Looking back I can see that the reason why I was playing in a depressive state was due to the fact that I shouldn't have been playing in the first place, usually because I was under-rolled and desperate to make money which caused me to react badly when I experienced bad luck, someone getting under my skin, and the combination of these things resulting in my own bad play which tilted me and caused the inevitable downswing.

Approaching women is often similar in that if you go on a night out desperate for sex and end up in a club not in the best of form, then your chances of pulling are slim to none because you will likely end up stood in the corner of the dance floor holding a beer close to your chest hawking the birds like a sexual predator then the women (success) will be repelled as if you were some mythical plague. If however you go to a club purely to enjoy yourself and have a good time with the boys, then naturally the women will gravitate towards your crowd and you won't need to pull because your attraction levels are so high that they've come to you and then it's simply a case of closing the deal.

I could write much more on this subject but feel like it's already borderline tldr.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Times like this I'm happy my eyes are fucked so I don't read this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Hey mate, this is flying stupidity so not going to pretend this is some sort of pro tip.

Still think what i've written has far more validity than your average seven post consecutive streak ramblings.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I forego any real or imagined rights to privacy on this site if we can establish a regional watch list. Under the heading Egregious Idiots it will include, the no fly zone(including kites), the 5km elementary school proviso, no access to machinery, and dulled cutlery.

OP and Gordo grandfathered(not saying) in.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Surprise surprse that the first two resposnes are from posters who I verbally raped recently.

You two are obsessed

Get a room and please sort your heads out

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Hey mate, this is flying stupidity so not going to pretend this is some sort of pro tip.

Still think what i've written has far more validity than your average seven post consecutive streak ramblings.

Load Metric
    Breivek

Load Metric
    And

Load Metric
    Complains

Load Metric
    About

Load Metric
    No

Load Metric
    Bitches

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Any better now biatch?

Load Metric
    put your energy into work on yourself rather than complaining here
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    Any better now biatch?

Nothing but love now. Great avatar.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    put your energy into work on yourself rather than complaining here
    Trust me, not moaning, I've spent many years self improving but didn't realise that poker was a dead end and holding me back on so many levels.

I'm finally glad that I can put my energy into what makes me happy and limit what I exert into a fake virtual world of internet poker and social media.

Load Metric
    Name:  84287171.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  80.2 KB
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information