Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bringing cash to vegas

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sitting Out View Post
    traveling with a large sum of money raises a huge red flag. They can seize it and you must prove it was legitimate. In the eyes of law enforcement those that travel with a ton of money are or have been up to something. There's numerous stories out there of (honest) people getting their money seized. Of course the biggest red flag is paying for your ticket in cash. There is no way I would take a sum of cash with me flying, the potential hassle factor is too great even if 99% pass through w/o incident. It's a money tree for the feds, and they don't need much "evidence" for seizures:

A) United States v $215,300 U.S. Currency (882 F. 2d 417 (1989) Ninth Circuit

In a civil forfeiture action, there was probable cause to believe $215,300 of an airline passenger was involved in narcotics trafficking, due to these indicators:
    • carrying large sum of cash;
    • canine alert for presence of narcotics on the currency;
    • passenger’s attempts to avoid detection;
    • passenger’s ticket was issued by travel agency known to have issued tickets for other travelers who had narcotics related currency;
    • passenger’s nervousness;
    • and passenger was bound for well-known center of illegal drug activity.

B) United States v $91,960 U.S. Currency (897 F. 2d 1457 (1990) Eighth Circuit

In a civil forfeiture action, there was probable cause to believe $91,960 of an airline passenger was involved in narcotics, based upon these factors:
    • large amount of money in a briefcase, beneath torn phonebook pages;
    • a notebook appearing to record drug transactions;
    • the suspect provided inconsistent explanation as to presence of money, purchase of case, and his arrest record;
    • dog sniff test indicated briefcase had been near narcotics;
    • suspect was convicted of distribution of marijuana recently.

for more examples follow:
    http://www.asctk9.org/id54.html

hongkonger?

better than you faggot

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

hongkonger?

better than you faggot
    maybe switch up the act a bit? new material etc?

kisses

Banned
    Load Metric
    it's sickening how money c$ is

Load Metric
    Think I'll just wire, prob the most standard, safest etc..... BTW any PFA meetup?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    If you just want to send it to me via paypal (or JustifiedHOMICIDE) I will ensure that you are taken care of.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Q. Will I be delayed during screening if I am carrying large amounts of cash?
    A. TSA does not restrict passengers from carrying cash through our security checkpoints. However, when TSA discovers a passenger carrying a sum of cash that appears to be in excess of $10,000 and the passenger is traveling to a location outside of the United States, TSA may notify U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to ensure compliance with international currency-reporting requirements. Also, TSA may notify law enforcement officers if cash is discovered during the security screening process that appears to be related to criminal activity based on factors such as the quantity, packaging, circumstances of discovery, or the method by which it is carried.

Thats from the tsa website.I always bring cash when i go to vegas and i normally take 10-15k when i go,and have never had any problems or be questioned about it.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemplar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by backdoorb View Post
    Flying domestically to vegas and want to bring over 10k, .... what would you say your best option would be? Travelers check?..... Will be using a good part of the money to play wsop so maybe Rio could help me out?

If you have a BOA account, Simply have them give you cashiers checks made out to you. Then go to the BOA in vegas and cash them. If your going with a few people, spread your cash out between the bunch.

Or you can go Ganster....

Put cash in a fedex box and send it to your hotel the day you leave. Over night it, so it arrives the next day at your hotel.

But I would probably go with the safest route. That being wiring the cash to the Rio.
    If you have a BOA account why don't you just withdraw the amount from the bank when you get to Vegas? Why get a cashier check? This is the dumbest advise I have ever heard. Just go to the bank in Vegas.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Thread Information