http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...ating-accident

Today's game vs Braves canceled. 24 years old

Platinum
    Load Metric
    too young, too good...RIP

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    RIP

He was too young and on his way to a lot of success in baseball. You gotta feel for his family and a ton for his girlfriend who is pregnant since if she carries it to term the poor kid will never know his real father.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I didnt realize how good he was. He was leading all pitchers in WAR according to FANGRAPHS this year.

RIP Jose.

Peace,

Hozer11

Load Metric
    Above article said coast guard responded at 3am.

I have a boat that I keep up on Lake Winnepausakee in NH. For me, there is nothing scarier than boating at night. On a cloudy night you are trusting Marine GPS at speed and every fiber of your being is scared shitless of hitting an island or granite rock (lake is low now) or something else in the water.

The only time I ever go out at night is July 4th to see fireworks from the water and that is enough to last me all year.

The absolute instant surprise when he hit that jetty. May never have known what happened and died instantly.

Took a bad risk.

He did seem like one of the good guys. RIP

Load Metric
    What a shame. Just a sad sad day. The memorial is going to be Tuesday at noon in Little Havana. I'm heading down there on the red eye this evening.

Load Metric
    I heard he was supposed to pitch today but was pushed back a day to open their next series. I'd have to think that he wouldn't have been on that boat if he was actually gonna pitch today as scheduled.

RIP Jose
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Wow, really sad. Was probably the best young pitcher in game. Just nasty stuff. Have heard him interviewed through the years on Lebatard show and he was a really humble kid. My buddy wanted to go see him against the Indians on 9/3. I wanted to watch all the college football games and passed. Wish I would have went now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

Corrigan: had to be said

Load Metric

Too bad he didn't learn how to drive a boat.

R.I.P.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    the mets are big winners in this unfortunate accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Awful. RIP

Gold
    Load Metric
    Looks like there is more to this story. In all likelihood he was probably drunk. And there are more reports out there that he was the one driving the boat. Don't know what the truth is but I got a feeling there is gonna be some big revelations about Fernandez and his state of mind before this crash.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/26/jose-f...-before-crash/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post
    Looks like there is more to this story. In all likelihood he was probably drunk. And there are more reports out there that he was the one driving the boat. Don't know what the truth is but I got a feeling there is gonna be some big revelations about Fernandez and his state of mind before this crash.

His agent turned down like $150 million because he wanted to get Kershaw money. Was on year to year deal. I didn't read that article, but heard he took bottle of tequila out of bar. Probably be hard to determine who was driving boat at moment of crash unless someone saw them at 3 Am out in the middle of nowhere. If he was driving has huge ramifications upon life insurance policies taken out from what I've heard reported. 23 year old drunk is fine as long as he wasnt captaining boat. I don't know why? I would think standard life insurance covers you even when you make a mistake in life. I don't think your life insurance is generally voided if you wreck your car drunk? Only suicide. I've heard of team contracts getting voided over risky behavior, like Jay Williams after motorcycle accident, but not standard life insurance. His contract was shit anyway. Only making a few million this year and supporting half of Little Havana. With a kid on way, hope his agent had good sense to at least have $100 million on him.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

His agent turned down like $150 million because he wanted to get Kershaw money. Was on year to year deal. I didn't read that article, but heard he took bottle of tequila out of bar. Probably be hard to determine who was driving boat at moment of crash unless someone saw them at 3 Am out in the middle of nowhere. If he was driving has huge ramifications upon life insurance policies taken out from what I've heard reported. 23 year old drunk is fine as long as he wasnt captaining boat. I don't know why? I would think standard life insurance covers you even when you make a mistake in life. I don't think your life insurance is generally voided if you wreck your car drunk? Only suicide. I've heard of team contracts getting voided over risky behavior, like Jay Williams after motorcycle accident, but not standard life insurance. His contract was shit anyway. Only making a few million this year and supporting half of Little Havana. With a kid on way, hope his agent had good sense to at least have $100 million on him.
    Suicide pays out as long as a time threshold has been met after signing the policy. It is usually 2 years.

Load Metric

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...jose-fernandez

Three other teammates were clearly drinking with Fernandez, turned down his offer to go out on his boat, and advised him to just go home and get some sleep.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Lawyer -

“That leads me to think, could this be an isolated incident? Yes. Could this have been involuntary? Yes. Why do you think there’s still a criminal investigation pending?”

Yeah that cocaine use is always "involuntary" it's Miami bro he was out partying sucks but it is what it is.

Banned
    Load Metric
    jew bag lawyer being a jewbag is standard, lol @ involuntary.

its not like he just rolled up to the beach and died of a shark attack

he was drunk and high, were not sure who was driving the boat but we have to assume all were inebriated. he was told by friends and fellow teammates to just go home, he went on a different path and died.

Like when Paul Walker crashed his car like an asshole and died did you cry? no

When Ryan Dunn crashed his car and died like an asshole did you cry? no

Shit happens to people who do retarded things, let it all be a lesson to you.

or else you can all just hels yourself

Comments

BiffCo99:

hongkonger: When you're right you're right

Thread Information