Load Metric

tony bagadonuts

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

Henry, how could you?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Henry, how could you?

That was a low blow. It's a fucking crime Seattle doesn't have an NBA team anymore. The city is amazing, and the sports fans are passionate. Not to mention they have one of the nicest NFL stadiums(and def loudest) in the country, yet they won't pony up for a new NBA stadium?(assuming thats why they left in the first place)

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    That was a low blow. It's a fucking crime Seattle doesn't have an NBA team anymore. The city is amazing, and the sports fans are passionate. Not to mention they have one of the nicest NFL stadiums(and def loudest) in the country, yet they won't pony up for a new NBA stadium?(assuming thats why they left in the first place)
    I pretty much deserved it for posting a noose in John Stamos's thread. It is really, really hard to swallow considering that all local government had to do was NOTHING and the Sonics would still be here. Instead they settles with Claymation and the rest is history.

For the whole, sad story visit http://sonicsgate.com/ and watch the award winning documentary.

Fortunately we have a local guy, Chris Hanson, who has bought the land and offered to put up the first 300 million on a new arena in the south downtown stadium district near Centurylink and Safeco Fields. The remainder will be generated by taxes on events and tickets happening at the new arena. It's only a matter of time now before the Sonics return and we have hockey too.

This will mean pilfering some other unfortunate cities teams, which really sucks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    I pretty much deserved it for posting a noose in John Stamos's thread. It is really, really hard to swallow considering that all local government had to do was NOTHING and the Sonics would still be here. Instead they settles with Claymation and the rest is history.

For the whole, sad story visit http://sonicsgate.com/ and watch the award winning documentary.

Fortunately we have a local guy, Chris Hanson, who has bought the land and offered to put up the first 300 million on a new arena in the south downtown stadium district near Centurylink and Safeco Fields. The remainder will be generated by taxes on events and tickets happening at the new arena. It's only a matter of time now before the Sonics return and we have hockey too.

This will mean pilfering some other unfortunate cities teams, which really sucks.

Hmmm... I wonder which teams would be most likely to move? If the Nets weren't headed to Brooklyn I would've guessed them. Is NO destined for another move? What about Charlotte?

The stadium areas are beautiful. In fact all of Seattle was beautiful. I really enjoyed the city, and the stadium was definitely in my top 3 and I've seen a good amount of NFL stadiums. I could be biased though, because they had these awesome garlic fries, and I'm fat...

Thread Information