Thread: Surprise!!! You may be among the hacked Yahoo 500+ million from 2014!

Load Metric

Surprise!!! You may be among the hacked Yahoo 500+ million from 2014!

Yahoo Says At Least 500 Million Accounts Hacked In 2014

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57...b0e28b2b52da7f

Sept 22 (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc said on Thursday information associated with at least 500 million user accounts was stolen from its network in 2014 by what it believed was a “state-sponsored actor.”

The data stolen may have included names, email addresses, telephone numbers, dates of birth and hashed passwords but may not have included unprotected passwords, payment card data or bank account information, the company said.

“The investigation has found no evidence that the state-sponsored actor is currently in Yahoo’s network,” the company said.

Yahoo said it was working with law enforcement on the matter.

It was not clear how this disclosure might affect Yahoo’s plan to sell its email service and other core internet properties to Verizon Communications Inc.

Verizon said in July it would buy Yahoo’s core internet properties for $4.83 billion.

Verizon said on Thursday it was notified of the breach in the last two days.

“We will evaluate as the investigation continues through the lens of overall Verizon interests ... Until then, we are not in position to further comment,” the company said.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'll guess they will blame Putin for this one, too.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    state-sponsored actor?

So either the Chinese or the Russians have the info.

Load Metric
    It would be unusual for a state sponsored actor to sell pilfered data on darkweb for $1800 when the data is essentially useless from any conceivable political/intelligence angle.

The one (1) time Ive seen it happen was the NSA kit the Russians were "selling" on darkweb for some ludicrous price, simply as a vehicle to warn the NSA that attribution was a real thing. This, is not that.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A few of my Yahoo accounts just abruptly stopped working, though this happened before 2014.

I always wondered what the story was. I had entered garbage recovery info in them, so I wasn't able to attempt to get them back.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    state-sponsored actor?

So either the Chinese or the Russians have the info.

Israel, France, Canada, Germany, Cuba, Iran, Pakistan, DPRK, and of course the US also have sophisticated and active offensive security departments, and a lengthy history of spying on everyone including their own people to their allies. Like just for starters.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    It would appear that this is being labeled a state sponsored attack because there is a contract in place with (purchasers) Verizon indicating the merger cannot be negatively impacted by material breach, the nomenclature of which specifically points to 'global political' influences or terrorist attack.

So basically Yahoo is trying to keep the merger alive and get all that sweet delicious Verizon loot by labeling this shit as state sponsored.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    It was the North Koreans saying Fucka Yoooooo!!!

Them being caught with their pants down showing off their primitive Internet was a ploy.
    Last edited by Brittney Griner's Clit; 09-23-2016 at 04:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Thread Information