Thread: Poker Maximus !

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Poker Maximus !

Who all is playing in this MTT series on merge ?

They have seemed really juicy so far as most of the mid-stakes MTTs on merge are , I dont play high stakes so wouldnt really know about that . I have been able to make 3 deep runs so far and just came up little short each time . I am excited that all the fields are just growing and crushing the gurantees . It makes me feel like the good ole days not so long ago .................

So who else is getn in there ?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well so far in this series I have a 92nd , 95th, and 39th place finish for my only 3 cashes in the 17 events played so far (only played in about 12 of the 17) . The series has been pretty fucking sweet so far imo with good/soft field turnouts.

Am I the only mtt player here ? Who else is playing these ?

Excited for another 11r today , plan on making another deep run and making this one count !

Load Metric
    I cashed in event #1 for like $20. I dont have much of a roll since what I have, I grinded up from freerolls. I cant bring myself to deposit when the whole thing could come crashing down at any time. I do wish I had more time to play these Maximus events though, they def are reminiscent of the good old days.

Im registered for the $10 plo8 mtt next Thursday. Now I just have to hope I get home from work in time to have a workable stack. I wish they had more non holdem tourneys like 2-7 td, 5 card draw, and badugi.
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie72 View Post
    I cashed in event #1 for like $20. I dont have much of a roll since what I have, I grinded up from freerolls. I cant bring myself to deposit when the whole thing could come crashing down at any time. I do wish I had more time to play these Maximus events though, they def are reminiscent of the good old days.

Im registered for the $10 plo8 mtt next Thursday. Now I just have to hope I get home from work in time to have a workable stack. I wish they had more non holdem tourneys like 2-7 td, 5 card draw, and badugi.
    The ones today are pretty sick with great structures , I only play nl holdem mtts . This has def reminded me of pre black friday , it makes me happy in one way and sad in another .

Hope today I can have some more deep runs and make one of these count !!

Load Metric
    Just took like 43rd in the 3r turbo event. Its sooooo fucking gay to get that close and not make any decent money.

"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Anybody playing the $50k Mini Main Event ($11 buy in) major overlay so far with roughly 750 runners and pays out top 72 at this point (looks to be a top 10% cash tourney) 1st pays 10k and just making the FT is 1k minimum not bad for an $11 buyin. Pondered trying to Satellite the $109 main, and may take a shot at it in the morning ($11 Satellite Buyins), but considering the 109 buy in 1st prize is only slightly more then 4X bigger (roughly 42k for 1st with the prize pool being 200k vs the 50k for a much smaller buy in at $11) with a 10 fold buyin increase to me, seems almost stupid to play the $109, unless you already can afford the regular buyin for it anyway. The only thing I see is looks like they are paying maybe 12-13% of the field possible 15% max compared to 10% on the MiniME $11 tourney (right now has 462 runners with 54 being in the money). GL to anybody playing later today (Oh and I wish to hell Hero would fix the damn server time issue its driving me nuts being behind by an hour still).

Thread Information