Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carson Wentz- Not Shitting the Bed

Load Metric
    Wentz has had a historically good first 3 games.

https://twitter.com/RLiuNFL/status/780187039618793472

"Carson Wentz is the 1st player in NFL history with 100+ attempts, 60+ completions, 5+ TDs & 0 INTs in his 1st 3 career games"

The Eagles are the only team with 0 turnovers so far.

Load Metric
    They way he and the whole Eagles team performed against Pittsburgh was really incredible.

Load Metric
    Wentz is the 11th highest scoring fantasy QB through 3 weeks, ahead of Philip Rivers and Eli Manning. I just picked him up as my backup.

Load Metric
    I fucking love this guy. Guy takes his bye week and goes hunting with the governor.

What do you do on your bye week? You get your first bow buck! Thanks @DougBurgum for the help!!! #ndlegendary #Sitka

Name:  IMG_2484.JPG
Views: 609
Size:  905.9 KB

Comments

P4pres: Wentz is a boss

Load Metric
    lol, after the sproles touchdown, jason kelce asking wentz if he's a robot and telling him he's playing madden out there

Load Metric
    Carson Wentz is starting to shit the fucking bed, big league. Guy looks every bit like a deranged rookie. He might turn it around, but he sure has sucked the last few weeks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post
    Carson Wentz is starting to shit the fucking bed, big league. Guy looks every bit like a deranged rookie. He might turn it around, but he sure has sucked the last few weeks.

Let's put it out there..... he ain't winning rookie of the year save a felony charge on Zeke and some sort of other event on Dak.

Now that being said if the eagles offered Wentz for Dak straight up the Cowboys would snap accept on the spot. The Eagles haven't been losing games because of him and have won a couple because of him.

The problem I fear with Wentz is the eagles not getting him a true #1 WR. D.B. Green got cut fro the fucking Titans! The Titians for fucks sakes! and he's starting for the eagles. Give it a few years but if they can put it together around him we will see Wentz in a super bowl or two.

Comments

vegas1369: Spot on

Platinum
    Load Metric
    As Ozzie Newsome says, you need 3 years after a draft to tell what a player REALLY is. Can he stay healthy. Can he adjust after teams start to get the book on him. Can he handle the immense pressure that comes week after week, play after play for extended periods of time.

But in this day and age, they crowned his ass after 3 fucking games.

People will never learn. Sample size, sample size, sample size.

Don't tell me shit about any player who has done it for a few games. Or a year. Or even two. It means little to nothing, especially at QB. See another Philly "franchise QB!!", Nick Foles.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    As Ozzie Newsome says, you need 3 years after a draft to tell what a player REALLY is. Can he stay healthy. Can he adjust after teams start to get the book on him. Can he handle the immense pressure that comes week after week, play after play for extended periods of time.

Don't tell me shit about any player who has done it for a few games. Or a year. Or even two. It means little to nothing, especially at QB. See another Philly "franchise QB!!", Nick Foles.
    Actually, its more like 7 or 8 years when it comes to QBs. Look at Sam Bradford, teams are still paying him $14M a year and giving up 1st round picks for this spare part. Hard to believe. Don't get me started on Blake Bortles. He will get a 10 year leash before anyone realizes he is a back up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

There are guys who can fake it for weeks and months who make bad decisions but through volume or luck win some games. See Tebow, Tim.

It's rare for a young player to regress over time on a mental level. Typically they get even better with experience. I've seen enough from this kid to know he's going to be a good one. Not because he has a great enough arm to throw the deep ball but because he knows how to read defenses.

Im not the type of guy who crowns people prematurely. He hasn't done shit yet. That said if Im a GM and have been tasked with rebuilding a franchise Wentz would be my first choice at QB. I'd take him over every young QB including Winston and Carr.

Load Metric
    LOL!!!! Nick Foles was never considered to be a franchise QB.

Like Daly said, he has no wr's. To add to that, he basically has nothing around him. As far as record goes, the Eagles could very easily be one of the worst teams in the league right now. That ain't Wentz' fault.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Kelly fucked this team more than imaginable...

*jettison lesean...he's playing at probably what would be considered just below an elite level for the bills...
    *trade for DeMarco and Mathews...they end up keeping the guy who gets hurt (Mathews) and shipping DeMarco to tennesee...the shipping to Tennessee wasn't chip's doing, but think management was trying to undo some of what is considered the Kelly stank...
    *let maclin go...obviously he aint doing shit for the chiefs, but that's just because he's with a team that doesn't use him...there was nothing in his philly tenure that showed that he couldn't be a #1...
    *let desean go...he's no prize, but he can stretch the field...chip moved him and now they're rumored to want him back next year...this won't solve the #1 problem as he's not a #1, he's a #2...

Matthews is not a #1, but I think he could be a good complementary receiver...agoholor has been fucking AIDS, which surprises me because he was really good at USC...

daly is 100% right...wentz will struggle until they get him a top quality receiver...60 fucking throws yesterday...with that fucking receiving corp you want to be throwing less, not more...

Load Metric
    Continuing to not shit the bed

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Set it and forget it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

Eagles / Pats Superbowl. Book it!
    Would like to see it. I tweeted earlier that Wentz reminds me of a VERY young Brady. He has a ton of poise. Good pocket awareness. Good arm, can see the field and he has a fucking rifle.

Needs to learn to slide

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Now that being said if the eagles offered Wentz for Dak straight up the Cowboys would snap accept on the spot.
    Shameless self bump.... really love this kid.

Load Metric
    Looks like Wentz is done for the year. ACL.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    looks like wentz is done for his career. lol

glad i didn't buy is psa 10, 1/1, 24k double gold refractor rookie card for 10k
    Last edited by mulva; 12-06-2020 at 11:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

He’s in a tough spot. Either the team needs a massive talent injection or he needs a start over. Unfortunately he’s at the point of his career where he probably wants to make big money and nobody is going to pay it.

If he got cut I’d be willing to bet there would be teams lined up at his front door.

If you want a good laugh take a look at the WR talent pool on this team. It’s the worst in the NFL short of Jets or Patriots but at least they have Crowder/Mims and Edelman. This team has fucking nothing. Reagor is a slot WR that can’t get separation but he is young. Ward is a off the bench wide out masquerading as a starting Wide Out. The rest of the “talent” would be cut if they weren’t the best they had.

Say it with me.... With the fifth pick in the 2021 NFL draft the Philadelphia Eagles select LSU WR J’mar Chase
    Last edited by Daly; 12-07-2020 at 06:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

He’s in a tough spot. Either the team needs a massive talent injection or he needs a start over. Unfortunately he’s at the point of his career where he probably wants to make big money and nobody is going to pay it.

If he got cut I’d be willing to bet there would be teams lined up at his front door.

If you want a good laugh take a look at the WR talent pool on this team. It’s the worst in the NFL short of Jets or Patriots but at least they have Crowder/Mims and Edelman. This team has fucking nothing. Reagor is a slot WR that can’t get separation but he is young. Ward is a off the bench wide out masquerading as a starting Wide Out. The rest of the “talent” would be cut if they weren’t the best they had.

Say it with me.... With the fifth pick in the 2021 NFL draft the Philadelphia Eagles select LSU WR J’mar Chase
    doesn't take much for everything to turn to shit for a player in the nfl. regardless of how impressive he was a few years ago he wasn't even the QB that took them to the sb and won. it also seems like everything vegas said in here was wrong.

i like that the jets need moar suiters for darnold so they can get back something decent.

just lose baby
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Thread Information