Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The amazing story of Elizabeth Holmes, a female, self-made multi-billionaire at age 32 who built it all on a big medical testing scam

Platinum
    Load Metric
    This is obviously not the documentary thats coming out on the 18th, but I figured id post this short one anyway.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ha this bitch's annoying baritone voice is fake as fuck

https://jezebel.com/elizabeth-holmes...-ma-1833402366

And of course, liquor is what revealed it - only 3 times one reveals who they really are: when they are angry; when they are in love; and most accurately: when they are drunk
    Last edited by Shizzmoney; 03-19-2019 at 05:15 PM.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post

And of course, liquor is what revealed it - only 3 times one revels who they really are: when they are angry; when they are in love; and most accurately: when they are drunk
    revels vs. reveals

kinda a big difference

I love you drunken bitch

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post

And of course, liquor is what revealed it - only 3 times one revels who they really are: when they are angry; when they are in love; and most accurately: when they are drunk
    revels vs. reveals

kinda a big difference

I love you drunken bitch
    cue Sanlmar, limitles just made a post

Load Metric

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Almost forgot the doc just came out

I just finished downloading the documentary (with subs) and am starting to watch it now

If anyone needs direction on where to find it, let me know.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You idiot, you could be more dense, what a fool

2016 thread Idiots abound
    sorry sucker diddly
    what a jerk

no one listens to ghourdman

the loser
    Last edited by limitles; 03-19-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Almost forgot the doc just came out

I just finished downloading the documentary (with subs) and am starting to watch it now

If anyone needs direction on where to find it, let me know.
    fuck off fool

you idiot

you're thick

dine on your own dogs

sad freak

who would eat their own dogs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    You idiot, you could be more dense, what a fool

Do yourself a favor and just shut the fuck up and leave here permanently. You make Jewdonk ( no offense to Marty), on his WORST day, look like a stable sober intellectual.

You couldn't even live up to a promise you gave yourself to grow a fucking pair of balls and retire for a month.

You couldn't even go TWO FUCKING DAYS without fluttering your useless pussflaps to nobody who really gives a fuck.

Two. Fucking. Days.

Thats how absolutely pathetic you really are that you have NOTHING else to turn to than a poker forum. I feel sorry for this "wife" if you really have one. She must be downright fucking miserable that you would rather vigorously massage your prostate to an internet chat circle than reassess your daily activities and maybe pay attention to what's actually important. I hope to God you don't have any children, for their sake

Edit: BTW, I actually had empathy for you in the past despite your ridiculous attitude towards me and others. I told myself, "give him a chance to get his shit straight"..."he's maybe not in a good place"

That is gone.

There is only so much garbage people will deal with.

Have a great day.
    Last edited by Gordman; 03-19-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    gordy you are so stupid ...you ate your own dogs

enough, I don't care

Comments

Kuntmissioner: Gordman tilt

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I actually get the impression that Holmes is more of a delusional nutcase (hence not attempting to profit much from the scam), whereas president Ramesh Balwani was a straight-up scammer and criminal.

Balwani was the one who was threatening employees who started to notice that the testing technology was faulty and fraudulent.
    I agree, but it is hard to say for sure about her. She was so young, with this weird arrogance. I blame her parents for sure.

She definitely had some larceny in her and they were spending money on so much dumb shit it was like they were on a mission to go broke.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Who really cares about her fake invention anyway? It saves some people some inconvenience, slight pain and bruising, but most normal people can give blood or blood samples no problem. Sure there's a tiny minority that can't- they call those "orphan" drugs- limited potential for profitability.

The biggest scam is she had a story that this was a life-changing healthcare device worth BILLIONS. That story wasn't true, but even if it had been true, it still was a scam.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerpiper View Post
    Who really cares about her fake invention anyway? It saves some people some inconvenience, slight pain and bruising, but most normal people can give blood or blood samples no problem. Sure there's a tiny minority that can't- they call those "orphan" drugs- limited potential for profitability.

The biggest scam is she had a story that this was a life-changing healthcare device worth BILLIONS. That story wasn't true, but even if it had been true, it still was a scam.
    Someone also brought up that they'd rather have blood drawn normally than do a pin prick of their fingertip.

I agree!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerpiper View Post

Someone also brought up that they'd rather have blood drawn normally than do a pin prick of their fingertip.

I agree!
    Why? Every time i've had a HIV test its been a finger pin prick and completely painless and takes less than a second. Why would taking it from the arm be better?

Comments

MumblesBadly: Fingertip Sensitivity Syndrome?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    LOL

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 266
Size:  27.2 KB
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    All joking aside, I think mental health may have played a role in this. I came to believe she was more delusional than realized she was outright scamming. That Sunny Balwani guy, though, seems like he was just a straight up white collar criminal.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    this was one of the funniest episodes

Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    All joking aside, I think mental health may have played a role in this. I came to believe she was more delusional than realized she was outright scamming. That Sunny Balwani guy, though, seems like he was just a straight up white collar criminal.

Fuck that. I just dont buy the mental illness angle. She knew exactly what she was doing...right down to literally changing her voice to sound like a man. And yeah, that Sunny guy is a real pile of garbage as well. I watched the documentary - these two were a real piece of work.

Load Metric
    shes a sociopath and so is her street shitting ex.

they ran a scam.

claiming being a sociopath to escape culpability is part of that scam.

she wasnt delusional in the slightest, she was just incompetent. 80% of silicon valley is fueled by 'fake it until you make it'. the best fakers believed their own lies, and she knew that, so she did that, and it came naturally to her because....

... shes a sociopath.

full stop.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm not excusing anything she did, and I still believe she belongs in prison. As does Sunny Balwani.

However, she had a certain about of delusion going on. The obsession with Steve Jobs (and trying to change her voice to sound like him) was just part of the insanity. Strange as it sounds, I think she convinced herself of her own lies. This is why she continued granting interviews and did other oddball things you wouldn't expect if this were simply a high-level scam.

Sunny Balwani was not delusional. He was one of those ruthless corporate assholes who did what he felt was necessary to protect his lucrative income stream, even if it meant outright lying and bullying whistleblowers via abuses of the legal system. He is the far more reprehensible character of the two.

Thread Information