Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The amazing story of Elizabeth Holmes, a female, self-made multi-billionaire at age 32 who built it all on a big medical testing scam

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I love how this cunt is just parading around like she wasn't proven to be a complete fraud and scammer. Speeches, dinners, she is just cruising right along without a care in the world. I mean shit even if she has 500m in reality without all the bullshit imaginary company "net worth" included, without some smoking gun she still has plausible deniability on her side if all else fails. But I put nothing past her after she was able to pull something of this magnitude off, simply amazing. Even if she has to do 5 years in a federal penn she is coming home to being a hundred millionaire with piles of cash stashed somewhere.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Sounds a lot like Donald Trump

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hillary was about to jump on the Theranos train in March by having a fundraiser at its headquarters, but she put the brakes on it when she learned about the company's problems.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/18/hilla...eranos-hq.html

Also, this Gawker (RIP) article about Holmes states that she was never a billionaire, and that her $4.5 billion net worth was based upon a false valuation of Theranos -- a valuation made based upon the erroneous belief that their technology was viable: http://gawker.com/theranos-founder-e...ays-1779932846

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The fact that Bill Frist is involved in this ponzi scheme makes me happy.

This broad will be back however. She'll marry some rich, connected dude inside the DoD or Wall St and try to sell some other scam in our lifetimes.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Bill Frist deserves to lose everything!

big dick: fuck Frist
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If you think her voice sounded bad on the Jim Cramer interview, listen to her in this 2015 video which makes her Cramer interview voice sound downright sweet and feminine.

Gold
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    If you think her voice sounded bad on the Jim Cramer interview, listen to her in this 2015 video which makes her Cramer interview voice sound downright sweet and feminine.

Oddly enough, if you watch that video through, it answers all the questions of why she isn't ducking any of this shitstorm.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    She looks more like she has a battered smelly axe wound of a pussy than pretty

Load Metric
    Forbes cut her net worth from $4.5b to ZERO POINT ZERO

Comments

MumblesBadly: And people trust Forbes estimate of Donald Trump's net worth??? LOL!
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    For our stakeholders,

After many months spent assessing our strengths and addressing our weaknesses, we have moved to structure our company around the model best aligned with our core values and mission.

We have decided to close our clinical labs and Theranos Wellness Centers, which will impact approximately 340 employees in Arizona, California, and Pennsylvania. We are profoundly grateful to these team members, many of whom have devoted years to Theranos and our mission, for their commitment to our company and our guests.

We will return our undivided attention to our miniLab platform. Our ultimate goal is to commercialize miniaturized, automated laboratories capable of small-volume sample testing, with an emphasis on vulnerable patient populations, including oncology, pediatrics, and intensive care.

We have a new executive team leading our work toward obtaining FDA clearances, building commercial partnerships, and pursuing publications in scientific journals.

We are fortunate to have supporters and investors who believe deeply in our mission of affordable, less invasive lab testing, and to have the runway to realize our vision.

I look forward to sharing more with you as we progress along the way.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Holmes
    https://news.theranos.com/2016/10/05...zabeth-holmes/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Theranos ran a network of blood-testing Wellness Centers, some in partnership with drugstore chain Walgreens, that sent the tests to its labs in California and Arizona.

But the WSJ probe alleged that Theranos was in fact conducting most of the testing at its centers on standard blood-testing equipment because Edison's results weren't reliable.
    That's hilarious.

I never quite understood that part of the story until just now. I knew they had testing centers in Walgreens, but I never understood how they actually conducted the test if their machines didn't work.

So it turns out their state-of-the-art testing machine was never used, and they just used standard equipment behind closed doors for these tests, while Walgreens was promoting it as some massive innovation of technology.

It's the equivalent of ordering a pizza from a new, exciting chain where robots are making your pizza by themselves, only to later find out that it's secretly being made by some kids in the back tossing dough in the air.

I also love how Holmes had her nasty lawyers constantly harass the Wall Street Journal reporters, and attempt to bully them away from researching and publishing these stories.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If you thought you hated Theranos before, wait until you read this:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/theranos...ily-1479335963

Comments

Forum Wars: Good read; Wow the grandson spent $400K defending himself so far --- what a company.

wrenchjockey: Not signing in or subscribing to read that.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    If she was a scammer wouldnt she have sold her company to someone when it was worth billions?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    FYI the Wall Street Journal is weird.

Sometimes it demands a sign-in to read the articles, and sometimes it doesn't, and I can't figure out what factor is involved in that.

If it asks for a sign in, I would suggest opening your browser's privacy/stealth mode and pasting the URL there. May work (or it may not).

Load Metric
    Thing is she wasn't significantly off base on what she was trying to do.. Do you think they use the regular blood tubes to gather pediatric specimins??

http://www.avena-medica.com/en/Catal...ion-tubes.html

Truth is they don't need a ton of blood to do a lot of tests.. We used to use small cartridges in the ER for rapid tests for a lot of tests and the manufacturer pretty much said given time it would be possible to develop a lot of cart options for common blood testes like Theranos wanted to do.. Technology is coming just isn't entirely there yet.. She was/is slightly ahead of the curve but itll be here within 3-5yrs max and its gonna but a monster dent in Sonora Quest and Labcorps business when the MDs can do testing in house while a patient is in the office.

This was just coming to market with limited options and high implementation cost when I worked in the ER in 2005. The time is coming they will be potentially putting these on Ambulances.. Imagine them having labs to hand the ER when they roll in including Troponin (which is a major cardiac marker)

https://www.pointofcare.abbott/us/en...est-cartridges

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    If she was a scammer wouldnt she have sold her company to someone when it was worth billions?
    They would have likely been exposed during the due diligence process during the sale.

Gold
    Load Metric
    FYI the Wall Street Journal is weird.

Sometimes it demands a sign-in to read the articles, and sometimes it doesn't, and I can't figure out what factor is involved in that.

If it asks for a sign in, I would suggest opening your browser's privacy/stealth mode and pasting the URL there. May work (or it may not).
    Just copy the headline of the article and then go to news.google.com and paste it in the search box. You will always bypass the paywall.

Silver
    Load Metric

No female had ever made a billion dollars on her own at a younger age.
    Ruth Parasol. She is without peer when it comes to successful, self-made women entrepreneurs.

Prettier too. Believe that.

Comments

Sanlmar: Trumped Druff rep. Love the sanitized biography too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Ruth Parasol. She is without peer when it comes to successful, self-made women entrepreneurs.

Sounds a bit shady.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

No female had ever made a billion dollars on her own at a younger age.

After law school, Ruth went to work for one of her dad's phone businesses for a while – an audiotex pay-per-call 900 number provider. It grew rapidly from a domestic to a global enterprise before transitioning to Internet services in the mid- 90s.
    That's an interesting way of describing a phone sex line.

Thread Information