Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The amazing story of Elizabeth Holmes, a female, self-made multi-billionaire at age 32 who built it all on a big medical testing scam

Load Metric
    Delusions aren't much of thing with sociopathy/psychopathy. Old french description "manie sans delire", manic without delusions still kinda holds true. General population needs their share of feel good delusions to function. That's not really something sociopaths care about.

You can make a case for delusions of grandeur, but that's about it. It might have more to do with narcissists mistaken for sociopaths, but i wouldn't go out of my way saying it's not a thing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't know if this has been suggested before, but it appears to me that Holmes may also be on the autistic spectrum. Autism is often underdiagnosed in women, because their symptoms aren't as obvious as they are in boys/men.

The woman definitely isn't normal. There's a lot more to her state of mind than simply being a phony and/or opportunistic scammer.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I don't know if this has been suggested before, but it appears to me that Holmes may also be on the autistic spectrum. Autism is often underdiagnosed in women, because their symptoms aren't as obvious as they are in boys/men.

The woman definitely isn't normal. There's a lot more to her state of mind than simply being a phony and/or opportunistic scammer.
    They share some characteristics. Mostly that they don't inherently understands how other people function. Functioning sociopaths often learn how to game that system. What to do for a desired result. Not to say non-sociopaths don't do that. They are just worse at it.

Load Metric
    for anyone wanting to watch the next theranos unfold in real time:

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Remember Sunny Balwani, the second-in-command at Theranos? I read a lot of really bad allegations against him, including by that one kid who was a whistleblower, who Balwani relentlessly threatened and tried to intimidate.

It kind of appeared to me that Balwani was a cold-blooded scammer and manipulator, whereas Holmes was a delusional weirdo who kinda drank her own Kool-Aid, and then did all she could to prevent her empire from falling apart.

Neither were innocent, but I always saw Balwani as worse.

Well, apparently Holmes is trying that tactic, as well. She is claiming that she had a romantic relationship with Balwani, where he manipulated, controlled, and threatened her. Basically she's saying that most of this was his fault, and she was threatened/intmidated to go along with it.

The documents pertaining to this were recently unsealed, having to do with a court motion to separate the two defendants currently facing criminal charges.

https://twitter.com/saraashleyo/status/1431628191307808768

Here's an NPR article about it: https://www.npr.org/2021/08/28/10319...l-sexual-abuse

Load Metric
    She's a delusional cunt who got herself knocked up.

If the jury convicts her, she will have to serve a lot of years in federal prison.

Load Metric
    Could Elizabeth Holmes’ Surprising Theranos Defense Work?

https://slate.com/technology/2021/08...use-court.html

Holmes will have to take the stand. I’d give my left nut to cross-examine her. She’s going to get killed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    She's a delusional cunt who got herself knocked up.

If the jury convicts her, she will have to serve a lot of years in federal prison.

I gotta say it…. She looks like she’s developing kankles. Would not be a good look for her. Better send her to prison, where is the food is bad enough that she would be more easily motivated to lose the weight before they become permanent.

Oh, wait a minute! That’s one of her lawyers. Never mind.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    The idea that she was bullied into this by her ex-lover is absurd.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I believe this Balwani guy was an aggressive asshole and probably was controlling. Other reports I've heard about him match up with this. However, that's also probably why she's using this tactic. Her lawyers can point to tons of reports about him being a controlling dickhead, and then say, "See? This helpless woman was forced to along with it."

Obvious bullshit though. I still maintain, however, that she was more delusional and really thought she could fake it until the company made it, whereas Balwani was a straight up scammer.

Load Metric
    I believe this Balwani guy was an aggressive asshole and probably was controlling. Other reports I've heard about him match up with this. However, that's also probably why she's using this tactic. Her lawyers can point to tons of reports about him being a controlling dickhead, and then say, "See? This helpless woman was forced to along with it."

Obvious bullshit though. I still maintain, however, that she was more delusional and really thought she could fake it until the company made it, whereas Balwani was a straight up scammer.
    I always thought of her as someone who thought she was Steve Jobs. He was legendary for having a vision and then telling teams of people you will fucking get this done on X timeline or you will no longer have a job, and they did it. But what he was telling people to do was possible, it just took a shit ton of work. What she was telling them to do is not possible with current technology. So she started faking it because she couldn’t handle the consequences of admitting failure. She was desperate to be seen as “disruptive” and “visionary” and all the other Silicon Valley buzzwords. And she had no conscience.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I always thought of her as someone who thought she was Steve Jobs. He was legendary for having a vision and then telling teams of people you will fucking get this done on X timeline or you will no longer have a job, and they did it. But what he was telling people to do was possible, it just took a shit ton of work. What she was telling them to do is not possible with current technology. So she started faking it because she couldn’t handle the consequences of admitting failure. She was desperate to be seen as “disruptive” and “visionary” and all the other Silicon Valley buzzwords. And she had no conscience.
    Yes, that's a pretty good summary.

I just think Holmes' spent most of the time believing they could eventually get there, provided they kept lying long enough and getting enough funding to actually develop what they pretended to already have, whereas Balwani was more realistic that it was all bullshit and just wanted to find ways to keep the existing scam running.

Both belong in prison though.

Load Metric
    There is a chance Elizabeth Holmes beats this case.

The U.S. government pursued this case too hard.

They should've had her plead guilty and gave her a lesser sentence. Why? She didn't take any significant money from the company. When Theranos was worth $9 Billion, she could've at least pulled a Billion or more out of the company. Then left the country. She didn't. Because of that she should receive a lesser sentence.

Silver
    Load Metric

They should've had her plead guilty and gave her a lesser sentence. Why? She didn't take any significant money from the company. When Theranos was worth $9 Billion, she could've at least pulled a Billion or more out of the company. Then left the country. She didn't. Because of that she should receive a lesser sentence.

If the Government is smart (lol) they will put on as witnesses some older investors who were swindled out of their savings.

Without disclosing too many details, I used to have an older, grey haired retired client who invested a lot in mortgages (deeds of trust). Whenever there was a legal issue I'd have him come to Court with me wearing his light blue sweater vest and I'd introduce him to the Court. I had a perfect 6-0 record every time he appeared with me!

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Want You On My Side Rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post

If the Government is smart (lol) they will put on as witnesses some older investors who were swindled out of their savings.

Without disclosing too many details, I used to have an older, grey haired retired client who invested a lot in mortgages (deeds of trust). Whenever there was a legal issue I'd have him come to Court with me wearing his light blue sweater vest and I'd introduce him to the Court. I had a perfect 6-0 record every time he appeared with me!
    All the prosecution needs to do is catch her in one lie and she’s toast, even if it’s what day she had her hair done. Let me tell you about the average American woman juror. They despise good looking successful young women. Their subconscious feelings of inadequacy surface and they immediately start looking for “flaws” in her character. In closing all you have to do is remind them that “she’s a fucking liar”. End of story.

Gold
    Load Metric
    She's toast no surprise there.
    The question is why is she the only one.

To Ellen Pao, the former CEO of Reddit, who is a vocal critic of gender discrimination in tech, sexism is partially to blame.

"When you see which CEOs get to continue to wreak havoc on consumers and the market, it's people who look like the venture capitalists, who are mostly white men," Pao said.

She points to Adam Neumann, who drove WeWork into the ground;

Hahaha I think she's right
    Sharp eye Ellen,
    You nailed it girl.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...trial-verdict/

Holmes found guilty on four counts

"A federal jury found Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes guilty on four counts of wire fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud against investors, delivering a verdict on the long-running controversy over her role in the now defunct blood-testing technology startup. The jury found her not guilty on four counts and deadlocked on three counts.

The jury of eight men and four women returned their verdict on the seventh full day of deliberations, marking a big win for the government and its years-long probe into the entrepreneur."

Good

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

"A federal jury found Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes guilty on four counts of wire fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud against investors, delivering a verdict on the long-running controversy over her role in the now defunct blood-testing technology startup. The jury found her not guilty on four counts and deadlocked on three counts.

The jury of eight men and four women returned their verdict on the seventh full day of deliberations, marking a big win for the government and its years-long probe into the entrepreneur."

Good
    She'll be very popular in prison with that voice. She will be wifed up in no time.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

Good
    She'll be very popular in prison with that voice. She will be wifed up in no time.

I think the "very" needs to be stressed.

She will be VERY popular because she has this amazing uncanny ability to change her voice from the made-up deep manly one we all well know, to the female voice that she has mostly tried to hide but nonetheless naturally has.

I can only imagine the man/woman role playing scenarios going on in her prospective future fellow prisoners heads right now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

Good
    I believe the voice is fake. I wonder if she will drop it during her prison term (if she is actually sentenced to do real time).

Comments

Gordman: See my last post at the same time you posted yours

Thread Information