Mostly a long time lurker and first thread I've started, so please be easy on me. Curious for opinions of how to handle a situation that occurred yesterday.

I'm a rec MTT live player here in So Cal for 10+ years, mostly on the weekends. You definitely want my money in your tournaments. Yesterday at Hawaiian Gardens they had a $275 bounty tournament. All tables were 10 handed with 30 minute levels.

I buy my entry and get assigned seat 5 at the 10 handed table. Before the tourney starts I get to the table and there is a really, really large (fat) guy already sitting in seat 3 - so large that there is a chair that has been moved to the aisle behind what will be seats 4 through 7 just so that he can reach seat 3. The aisle chair is clearly a chair that will eventually be needed for the 10 handed table. I'm no skinny guy (could afford to lose 10-15 lbs) and sit in my seat 5. Seat 4 then shows up and he's larger than me but smaller than seat 3. Seat 6 then shows up and, while he's shorter and thinner, we all have to squeeze close together just to get his chair out of the aisle and to the table. There is a discussion to try and "square" the table, which we all try to do after all 10 seats are filled prior to the start of the tourney. At this point, however, I am so squeezed in that (a) I cannot fully reach the table to properly protect and view my hole cards and (b) there is no chance I can sit there comfortably for 30 minute levels. Clearly the fat guy in seat 3 needs to be counted as two seats (sort of like the airline problem you read about some times).

If the above isn't bad enough, the very first hand, with me already squeezed and uncomfortable and unable to protect my hole cards, seats 4 and 6 get into an argument, with fat guy in seat 3 chiming into to further piss off seat 4. At some point all of them are screaming, directly into my ears.

I'm a very under the radar type of player, mostly there to have fun and relief from my occupation, where I typically encounter lots of arguing and confrontation on a daily basis.

With the above in mind, any opinions on what I should do?

Should I call the floor and complain about the really fat guy with everyone listening? Should I privately ask the floor for an accommodation? Should I give up on live MTTs, which is my feeling this morning to be honest and maybe why I'm looking for a second opinion.

*post script gossip - Barry Greenstein was playing this $275 tourney (at another table) even though there was a $1,650, $500,000 firing at the Commerce this weekend. How sad is that. Maybe the HG offered him a free meal or two to show up.