Thread: Baseball Rumor involving Dodgers and Brewers

Bronze
    Load Metric

Baseball Rumor involving Dodgers and Brewers

I heard about this yesterday that the Brewers and Dodgers were 20 minutes away from trading Yasiel Puig for Ryan Braun and that it still may go down this off season
    https://sports.yahoo.com/m/fca01e9b-...yan-braun.html

Load Metric
    I think it's a bad trade for next year

This year it was a good move. We todged a bullet.

The thing that gives me comfort is the Todgers anemic offense. For example losing 3-0 last night to the Baby Bombers. Total runs scored this year makes you scratch your head about them being in first place.

They needed offense badly - like right now.

PEDs, age, bad knee and big contract. Only the Todgers could be interested in the NL. He looks like a DH going forward. Maybe the Red Sox. Hope not

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    CAN YOU FUCK OFF WITH THE TODGE SHIT? THANKS, A GROWN ADULT.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I think it's a bad trade for next year

This year it was a good move. We todged a bullet.

The thing that gives me comfort is the Todgers anemic offense. For example losing 3-0 last night to the Baby Bombers. Total runs scored this year makes you scratch your head about them being in first place.

They needed offense badly - like right now.

PEDs, age, bad knee and big contract. Only the Todgers could be interested in the NL. He looks like a DH going forward. Maybe the Red Sox. Hope not
    Bruan was a 3rd baseman when he came up and was such a bad fielder that he was converted to LF. Never will be able to hide him at a corner IF position if he can't play LF any more so AL DH is his logical long term destination. But for the short term the Hebrew Hammer is still knocking the fuck out of the ball and has a least a couple of good years left in him, just doesn't fit into the Brewers rebuilding plans at all.

Was surprised the Dodgers didn't go for the deal. Dodgers would have to throw in more. I think the pitcher McCarthy was part of the deal. Also, I think Dodgers aren't as willing to part with Puig as they may have led people to believe.

Load Metric
    In other news check this girl and puig out: http://deadspin.com/yasiel-puig-toss...out-1786622433

Black cloud over his head.

Comments

herbertstemple: When you are running bad..........

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    CAN YOU FUCK OFF WITH THE TODGE SHIT? THANKS, A GROWN ADULT.
    This is a surprising request from you Chaps.

I can only imagine this is some kind of butt hurt Skatz protest. I don't pretend to understand the history. I absolutely fail to understand why the owl is anything but funny to you, for instance. You gotta tip your cap to this fine play.

As you know I am a huge fan of the Skatz patois. There is some very clever stuff & the randomness is god.

Todger was JackDaniel's perfect disparaging confluence of Todd & the Dodgers. That I remember who coined the term tells you how much I love this shite and honor those that serve.

The stock guy in you will like this though. AMZN plans to get into sports streaming. They have the tech and the bankroll. I guess it's relevant to this thread cause the Dodgers have truly unlimited funds because of their cable deal.

It is the existing cable deals that will keep AMZN in Europe for now until things unwind here. Todd and others have tried to project baseball's future for instance based on current paradigm. Kids and 20 somethings (the folks allegedly uninterested in 3 hour games) do not consume entertainment like us.

I can ask a kid a baseball score and he will instantly tell you. He's got the ESPN Gameday up maybe. He sees red zone style info on Twitter. He catches highlights. He knows enough. He sure as shit ain't watching it from his recliner.

Look at a kid while he is in front of a cable sports contest. His eyes are on his phone more than the game. He would far prefer to get sports streamed. Fantasy contests and just the multitasking way they exist. Kids hate cable. It doesn't serve them the way they prefer.

Todgers cable deal may come back to bite them later. Instinct and history informs you they are always wrong.

These are the random incomplete thoughts you expect from me.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-14-2016 at 09:35 AM.

Load Metric
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/los-angeles-dodgers

more details on the potential deal^
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    tl;dr bro. Just drop the Todge shit, its well below you.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Thread Information