Thread: Dodgers shit on their pitcher who was on a perfect game tear

Load Metric

Dodgers shit on their pitcher who was on a perfect game tear

How the fuck can you pull a guy who's PERFECT through 7. If I was Rich Hill Id have to serious think of punching out the manager just to make being pulled worth it. This is why the Dodgers will fail in the playoffs. If not for the Giants becoming their own worst enemy and shitting the bed the Dodgeds would be fighting to stay relevant in the WC. You just don't ruin a guys chance to make history when his pitch count is that high and it's a ducking perfect game for fucks sake. Williams is a MORON!!

And big surprise Blanton fucks up the Perfect game and the No No. Williams clearly left his testicles in a jar on the desk of the GM or Ownership.

Comments

Sanlmar: Welcome to the Todger fight club

HoodedN: first rule of todger fight club...
    Last edited by ftpjesus; 09-10-2016 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Update.

Load Metric
    calm down nerd

Load Metric
    I have a feeling the Dodgers bullpen has more innings than another other team. Charham can prolly back this up

The upside for me of the Kershaw 3 innings was the other 6 the bullpen had to carry.

I understand it's now an expanded squad. Still, I think the Todgers are carrying more relievers than anyone else. There is trouble in LA and the headcount confirms they know it.

So the Hill thing sounds strange on first pass.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    How the fuck can you pull a guy who's PERFECT through 7. If I was Rich Hill Id have to serious think of punching out the manager just to make being pulled worth it. This is why the Dodgers will fail in the playoffs. If not for the Giants becoming their own worst enemy and shitting the bed the Dodgeds would be fighting to stay relevant in the WC. You just don't ruin a guys chance to make history when his pitch count is that high and it's a ducking perfect game for fucks sake. Williams is a MORON!!

And big surprise Blanton fucks up the Perfect game and the No No. Williams clearly left his testicles in a jar on the desk of the GM or Ownership.
    This is not the time in the season to keep a top pitcher in for personal glory. It's time win games *and* manage players' health if they want any shot of getting to the World Series.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

Williams? Who is that? Are you referring to the Dodger manager who is named Dave Roberts? I believe it was his decision to remove Hill from the game--although Roberts probably had input from the GM, pitching coach (Rick Honeycutt) and the medical trainer--that input would have been either before or during the game.

This season the Dodgers seem to be into GroupThink a la Orwell's 1984---the organization comes ahead of the individual: Stripling pulled early in the season when also pitching a no-hitter; Puig demoted to minor's due to friction with team mates & poor pregame work habits, trade of popular catcher AJ Ellis despite his friendship with pitching star Kershaw, and now pulling Hill from a perfect game rather than risk re-injury of blistered finger.
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 09-10-2016 at 06:30 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Ironically, when this type of Groupthink managerial stuff happens in the NFL, everyone kisses The Patriots and Belichicks asses for their devotion to winning....

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Hill had 89 pitches.

He's 36 years old. He won't ever see anything like this again.

Let the guy finish the damn game, at least if he doesn't run up the pitch count.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Hill had 89 pitches.

He's 36 years old. He won't ever see anything like this again.

Let the guy finish the damn game, at least if he doesn't run up the pitch count.

According to a couple of sources this decision may have not in fact been made by the Manager.. There is a rumor (unsubstantiated at this point) that the GM called and the manager was told to remove him from the game.. The supposed cover story was a claim that the pitchers finger was 'heating up'.. The pitcher basically called bullshit on that immediately and it was nowhere being true.. However the question of whether the GM or his underling called demanding the pitcher be removed because of concerns over his two stints on the DL and saving him for the post season were why he was ordered out of the game were not denied..

I get the front office's concern slightly given what happened to Strasburg in DC a couple days ago but Gimme a break he showed no issues no complaints and we aren't talking about the same pitch count that San Fran left their pitcher back out in the 9th with who was 1 out away when he was pulled after giving up a hit (131 if I recall)

Load Metric
    Jeez, leave him the fuck in. Who's managing that team now, Jim Joyce? At most he throws 30 more pitches and gets the perfect game. He gives up one hit or maybe even a walk, you pull him, The perfect game is too special to take him out.

And WTF happened, Hill used to suck real bad.

Load Metric
    At 36, you're going to need security to get me off the mound. He's had an obscure career of mediocrity. He was pitching for the Long Island Ducks last year ffs. We aren't preserving Kershaw here. This was his shot at being remembered 40 years from now by some kid. I recall fucking with an old rabbit ears antenna in 1981 with Len Barker against the Blue Jays. I wouldn't recall that hillbilly even existed if not for that game.

Thread Information