Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** One Drop $1 million dollar super lotto donkament discussion thread

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Who came up with the awful fucking name for this tournament?
    The guy with all the money.

Hate that guy.

Load Metric
    I'm pretty sure Einhorn is one of the anonymous.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I'm pretty sure Einhorn is Finkle.

Load Metric
    Two points: I would guess this was Doyle's biggest pot won ever won in 50+ years of playing and I would wager he doesn't make the call against anyone else that plays in this game.

Load Metric
    That sucks about Viffer being a scumbag. I love to watch that guy play. He may not be a tournament player, but he's supposed to be a great cash-game player (he seems like it) and a moneymaker at the highest levels. If that's the case and there's only about 50 people in the tourney, how bad of a chance could the guy have?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Surprised about Nick Schulman. I thought he was a big degen and wouldn't be able to come up with a million dollars -- or at least without decimating his bankroll.

Was also surprised to see Viffer.

This brings up the obvious question... how many of these poker pros are backed? And who is backing them for that type of money?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Viffer used to come in AIM chat club(if you don't know what this is you obv aren't cool enough) and I used to ask how big Dwan's cock was since he was sitting next to him on HSP.

True Story.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Viffer used to come in AIM chat club(if you don't know what this is you obv aren't cool enough) and I used to ask how big Dwan's cock was since he was sitting next to him on HSP.

True Story.

Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company

Load Metric
    the buyin is a milly? can someone link me to the details? that's amazing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Surprised about Nick Schulman. I thought he was a big degen and wouldn't be able to come up with a million dollars -- or at least without decimating his bankroll.

This brings up the obvious question... how many of these poker pros are backed? And who is backing them for that type of money?
    As Steve-O said, a person can actually picture a scenario as to which Guy may be backing half the field.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Lurker! View Post
    Go Eugene! I wonder who is backing Peat for this, definitely a mil down the drain.
    I have a weird feeling Guy is backing these guys to bring some color and excitement to the tourney. It's likely he has 90% of Duhamel, and now maybe Viffer and JRB (perhaps others), regardless of the outcome it's a win for Guy, and realistically the money doesn't matter one drop to him.

What I mean is if they cash he makes out like a bandit, and if they don't who cares, it's only $3-$5 million for a billionaire and a chunk of the money goes to his charity.
    Jean Robert Balande is in.
    I posted this yesterday in the drexel sandwich bet.

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...ll=1#post30538

Load Metric
    Have heard Bonomo and Hellmuth are interested... Would think that Ivey would buy-in and I could see Juanda buying in as well.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ben Lamb also tweeted today that he will be in the field for the One Drop

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Lurker! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

Viffer the stiffer...I read some huge ass post on 2+2 about him supposedly stiffing some pool player for like 50k or some shit, can't remember the exact amount. Anyway motherfuckers were throwing down and shit, one guy was ready to bet his whole roll that Viffer had not stiffed the guy and some college kid wanting to bet his life savings on viffer, it was pretty fucking hilarious.
    Yea lol, that one was for 50k. There have been numerous other instances of him angle-shooting in pool or not paying. He is a lousy pool player regardless of his claims lol. Scott Frost (one of the best one-pocket players around) was spotting him something like 19-4, there is a video on the match floating around. His shadiness isn't limited to pool only. Sonatine said it best a few posts ago. As Steve-O said also, it does make quite a bit of sense for Guy to back as many players as he can, all he cares about is the exposure to his charity.
    Yeah, the only way that the whole thing really made sense was if Viffer just stiffed the guy and of course to the 2p2 fan boys one of their idols would never lie to them and wrong someone else. I remember thinking how it made sense for Viffer to stiff the guy because in the end it would come down to dude's word against Viffer's word and you can guess how that turned out.

I think the dude was giving some crazy odds to Viff and was actually said to be down big in the session before coming back to finish +50k. I could see Viffer getting pissed off because his whole day just went from a W to a L after being up huge (which as a poker player I can totally fucking understand) and now he's gotta pay this cocksucker 50K so he says fuck it and leaves.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

True Story.

Confirmed Story

Load Metric

Trust funds FTW

Load Metric
    This is so gay. A million dollar multi table sit n go where all of the poker pros are backed by the same GUY and probably just have a 5% freeroll each? Throw a few billionaire businessmen into the mix. Not that much more interesting than an episode of poker after dark imo other than the fact that there is a bracelet on the line.

Load Metric

They're all backed for this. I would bet that virtually all of the poker players in the event have 10% or less of themselves. With 20 entries being business guys or satellite winners I think any competent tournament player is at least even-money, even taking into account the 10% going to charity a guy like Nick Schulman has to have pretty good equity in this event. So if you can put a Nick Schulman in for $1 million with 90% of his action, with some kind of makeup deal (even if it's just 10% of his winning over the next year) it's not a terrible spot to be in.

I know some other people were selling pieces at 1.1, and then you have the idiots that will back Hellmuth and other superstars straight-up for 50% because that's what they said in Rounders. I still think Guy will have huge peices (if not all of) of several players, with conditions like they have to wear One Drop hats for a year, or come to other charity events for him. The whole notion of the tournament is a farce, and the only real winner os going to be Guy Laliberte whose name is in every story win or lose (which isn't a bad thing since he's doing it for charity).
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Bronze
    Load Metric
    From what I have read, the list of "entrants" had to post 50k to hold a spot.

It will be interesting to see how many follow through with ponying up the full amount, I would think there will be a few to drop out.

I was also curious if this is fully deductible as a charitable donation if you do not cash. That would be somewhat complicated for players with a bunch of backers.

Peace,

Hozer11

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hozer11 View Post
    From what I have read, the list of "entrants" had to post 50k to hold a spot.

It will be interesting to see how many follow through with ponying up the full amount, I would think there will be a few to drop out.

I was also curious if this is fully deductible as a charitable donation if you do not cash. That would be somewhat complicated for players with a bunch of backers.

Peace,

Hozer11
    It was $100k, nobody is just going to post $100k without having the rest of the money already lined up
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Thread Information