Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Gomorrah

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Suburra the series is Suburra the movie stretched in to 10 episodes or so. And the movie wasn't that good to begin with.

its funny because i believe this is exactly what the situation is with gomorra, although the movie did get some critical acclaim. truth be told tho i wasnt a huge fan of the movie. didnt dislike it, just found it a bit too bleak and gritty somehow without anything to get emotionally invested in.

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: Gomorrah the movie is pretty average
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Suburra the series is Suburra the movie stretched in to 10 episodes or so. And the movie wasn't that good to begin with.

its funny because i believe this is exactly what the situation is with gomorra, although the movie did get some critical acclaim. truth be told tho i wasnt a huge fan of the movie. didnt dislike it, just found it a bit too bleak and gritty somehow without anything to get emotionally invested in.
    For Gomorra the movie worked as a prelude. With Suburra it's the same plot lines and characters with some filler material. It was interesting subject matter, but weak execution. It's very loosely based on Massimo Carminati, Roman underworld and political corruption.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Just watched the premiere, whoa / god as usual.

Then I went to the rooftop of my hotel in Seattle, smoked a Joint, played the theme song and stared out at industrial Seattle and the skyline, glowering, like how many episodes end (lol)
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

season 3 thoughts...

the weakest of the three seasons but still stronger than anything else on tv basically.

ciro dying.. i mean.. ok. like i get it. but enzo and vocabulary are punching way above their weight at this point so i have concerns about season 4 already, but esposito posted on his website a few days ago that season 4 starts filming in april and they are somehow bringing in a bunch of new characters to flesh things out.

normally id be nervous but fuck it, they pretty much earned my trust. im sure it wont be as good as season 1 or 2 but it can afford to be a lot worse than season 3 before i complain.

also honestly ciro's departure could be a good thing possibly. if they move beyond the plot-driven machiavellian scheming (which was ciro's contribution to season 3 pretty much) suddenly it could get back to its fairly verite' roots and focus on the grim physics of hyper violent teenagers trying to augment their minimum wage jobs as drug dealers and assassins with some jewelry money. and that would take is back into the season 1 / 2 dynamics that made the show so insanely good basically...

my other concern is we may be seeing hints of what destroyed the sopranos, walking dead, etc where they realize they have a cash cow and need to expand their market appeal while moving the shows sunset many many seasons into the future. at that point, the broader concerns of world building and thematic nuances take a back seat to body count and oceans 11 style caper nonsense, and we definitely saw the first strains of that agenda become apparent in season 3.. not enough to really impact viewing experience but more than enough to make me nervous.

if this was american id be saying short its stock but wow is it ever not so there is definitely hope...

bonus non spoiler fun fact

Roberto Saviano, the guy who wrote the book this is all based on ten years ago, has had to live with a 24/7 security detail and wear a disguise in public ever since it was published because the mafia have an open contract on his head.

S3 thoughts...

7/10. The first half had me thinking, 'wtf, can they really deliver something on par with the first two seasons?' That Bulgaria episode was especially soul-rattling. But the second half was clumsy.

I think it was a result of them going stone cold, all in on season two, which I think was the best season on TV ever. So it was worth it...but I just think there was a lack of 'stuff' to really stick the landing on something like Ciro's death. I don't think that Enzo/Vocabulary really earned it. Also didn't love the father-in law stuff. Killing Malamore in ep 1 was a mistake.

I thought he was going to get whacked by Genny, but on Genny's terms. Still will jump on S4 as soon as I can, but S1/S2 aren't coming back.

Comments

sonatine: excellent, excellent points
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    LOL

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Has anyone dared? Is this a parody or something?

ive been aggressively and enthusiastically pretending this doesnt exist.

oddly, the reviews arent bad at all, but it seems its being compared to schlock (relatively) like last season of narcos instead of gomorra.

but yeah everything about it is a red flag. ill dip a toe at some point tho im sure.
    I lasted 5 minutes, just past an orgy scene, gave up when a goon had to kill a sheep to demonstrate gangster mettle, or something.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Just cracked S4 last night, 2 eps in and think its officially lost its fastball.

Load Metric
    Just cracked S4 last night, 2 eps in and think its officially lost its fastball.

even at its worst, not bad.

Load Metric
    I just finished series 4 and reckon it was as good if not better then season 1 & 2... 3 was ok but a bit blah.

Layer upon layer of twists and betrayal, fantastic writing, superb acting and even the music fits perfectly.

Comments

sonatine: agreed

Load Metric
    Apparently Patrizia's arc was adjusted because the actor was done with the show and wanted out.

Makes sense imo. Have never wanted a death more than that mustachioed husband.

Load Metric
    what gets my mind's dick so hard for this show is how everything goes from zero to fucked for perfectly stupid and banal reasons.

season 5 is going to be fucked up. it might be the last. without getting spoilery the final scene in season 4 is based on some real life mafia boss drama and it suggests we are within one maybe two seasons of closing the loop.

also, not really that fucking interested in ciro's prequel movie but ill damned well dip a toe.

Load Metric
    l'immortale (prequel movie) dropping on dec 12.

im hearing some real discomforting rumors that they are somehow dovetailing it into season 5, which is to say....

ciro miraculously survived a bullet in the fucking chest and swam to safety and oh my god please no...

hopefully they are just fucking around with promotion but the movie is shot, its in the fucking can, its in post-prod now, and the rumors arent going away...

Load Metric
    bumping because somehow nothings gone to hell and we are still targeting a dec 12 release date and i dont even see how thats possible but here we are.

Load Metric
    bumping because somehow nothings gone to hell and we are still targeting a dec 12 release date and i dont even see how thats possible but here we are.
    YES, dont even care how absurd it gets.

New doc about Diego Maradona spends a lot of time in Naples and illustrates how the 80's camorra basically owned the best footballer in the world.

Load Metric
    so l'immortale is out. looking for a dece torrent of it still but it wont be long.

Load Metric
    ZeroZeroZero

watch it

2 of the creators of Gomorrah produced this show

it's the best show I’ve watched under quarantine and dare I say I have seen a lot of fucking shows under quarantine

Load Metric
    so l'immortale is out. looking for a dece torrent of it still but it wont be long.
    Anybody seen a good version with english subs?

I looked around last week and struck out.

Load Metric
    Anybody seen a good version with english subs?

I looked around last week and struck out.
    https://yts.lc/movie/the-immortal-2019

Click the 1080p.bluray link and open with whatever torrent program you use.

Just had a quick look, seems to be good video quality and subtitles.
    Will watch it later, imdb rating is keeping my expectations low.

Comments

sonatine:

Thread Information