Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Gomorrah

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Just seen the final episode of season 3. fuck me what a tv show...
    how does a dumb American watch season 3? thanks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    http://wlext.net/series/gomorra-seas...co&episode=001

I watched it there. You may get aids from the site.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    reddit

Load Metric
    GENNY'S SHIRTS ARE LITERALLY GOD
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS THIS SHOW SO FUCKING PERFECT

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    HOODED LEATHER JACKETS?

YEAH THAT SHITS GOD.

Load Metric
    I've been checking every week on piratebay for series 3 and nothing.
    Checked again today but I mistakenly typed "Gomorra" and bingo there's series 3.
    What's the go with the 2008 film called Gomorrah, is it linked to this series?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Checked again today but I mistakenly typed "Gomorra" and bingo there's series 3.
    Partly. Same subject matter, but i don't think it shared any characters. Of the top of my head it was based on the book and the series is based on the movie or something like that.

Load Metric
    Slept a little early after some skiing, woke up in the early AM and got up for a drink. Figured I'd watch something for a short while, get my bake in, and re-shnooze.

Netflix on, Gamorra (sp?) offered once again, so I finally pressed play season 1.

Five episodes later, back to bed finally.

Amazing stuff.

The way Geni's motorbike accident was filmed/portrayed was god.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: finally watching, all these years later

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Partly. Same subject matter, but i don't think it shared any characters. Of the top of my head it was based on the book and the series is based on the movie or something like that.

yeah iirc the book came first, then they made the movie which took place in the world the book described to some extent, and then the series came. good movie, the series is about a billion times better tho, the movie is something of an gritty death trip art film.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    Slept a little early after some skiing, woke up in the early AM and got up for a drink. Figured I'd watch something for a short while, get my bake in, and re-shnooze.

Netflix on, Gamorra (sp?) offered once again, so I finally pressed play season 1.

Five episodes later, back to bed finally.

Amazing stuff.

The way Geni's motorbike accident was filmed/portrayed was god.

god i seriously might rewatch the first two seasons before i finish the rest of season 3.

Load Metric
    Just binge watched ten episodes, this show is insanely good.

Salvatore Esposito is killing it, his portrayal of Genny is fantastic. Genny has evolved from a harmless imbecile into a truly awesome and convincing badguy.

I really need to re-watch the first two series as I've forgotten large chunks of the plot though.

Still struggling to understand why he hasn't killed Ciro.

Load Metric
    Just binge watched ten episodes, this show is insanely good.

Salvatore Esposito is killing it, his portrayal of Genny is fantastic. Genny has evolved from a harmless imbecile into a truly awesome and convincing badguy.

I really need to re-watch the first two series as I've forgotten large chunks of the plot though.

Still struggling to understand why he hasn't killed Ciro.

dude i decided to double back and rewatch because no one has ripped the season 3 finale and the thing that stands out most to me is genny's character evolution. i know i err towards hyperbole but honestly i dont think ive ever seen anything like it on tv before.

Comments

Charham: good idea on the re watch guys,

Load Metric
    i tapped out on my season 2 rewatch after the scene with dwarf and his daughter at the beach.

i know whats coming and i cant.

i literally just fucking cant.

finally copped ep 12 of season 3 so yeah its time to get real.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i tapped out on my season 2 rewatch after the scene with dwarf and his daughter at the beach.

i know whats coming and i cant.

i literally just fucking cant.

finally copped ep 12 of season 3 so yeah its time to get real.
    Marrone, that Dwarf scene. Ciro / Deborah still takes it for me.

Avoidong this thread until i have time to devote to a lengthy stretch. Also going to have to brush up on pirating skills, been years since ive ripped anything.

Comments

sonatine: CALM DOWN.. CALM .. DOWN....
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    oh my fucking god this show.

Load Metric
    season 3 thoughts...

the weakest of the three seasons but still stronger than anything else on tv basically.

ciro dying.. i mean.. ok. like i get it. but enzo and vocabulary are punching way above their weight at this point so i have concerns about season 4 already, but esposito posted on his website a few days ago that season 4 starts filming in april and they are somehow bringing in a bunch of new characters to flesh things out.

normally id be nervous but fuck it, they pretty much earned my trust. im sure it wont be as good as season 1 or 2 but it can afford to be a lot worse than season 3 before i complain.

also honestly ciro's departure could be a good thing possibly. if they move beyond the plot-driven machiavellian scheming (which was ciro's contribution to season 3 pretty much) suddenly it could get back to its fairly verite' roots and focus on the grim physics of hyper violent teenagers trying to augment their minimum wage jobs as drug dealers and assassins with some jewelry money. and that would take is back into the season 1 / 2 dynamics that made the show so insanely good basically...

my other concern is we may be seeing hints of what destroyed the sopranos, walking dead, etc where they realize they have a cash cow and need to expand their market appeal while moving the shows sunset many many seasons into the future. at that point, the broader concerns of world building and thematic nuances take a back seat to body count and oceans 11 style caper nonsense, and we definitely saw the first strains of that agenda become apparent in season 3.. not enough to really impact viewing experience but more than enough to make me nervous.

if this was american id be saying short its stock but wow is it ever not so there is definitely hope...

bonus non spoiler fun fact

Roberto Saviano, the guy who wrote the book this is all based on ten years ago, has had to live with a 24/7 security detail and wear a disguise in public ever since it was published because the mafia have an open contract on his head.

Load Metric
    how the fuck are they going to do 2(!!!!) more seasons, honestly...

Load Metric
    LOL

Name:  MV5BMzQ5YzQwNzItMmY1YS00MWM2LTk1MWYtNmZiY2JiMjhlYjcwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjIwNTI1MTM@._V1_UY1200_CR90.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  137.3 KB

Has anyone dared? Is this a parody or something?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    LOL

Name:  MV5BMzQ5YzQwNzItMmY1YS00MWM2LTk1MWYtNmZiY2JiMjhlYjcwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjIwNTI1MTM@._V1_UY1200_CR90.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  137.3 KB

Has anyone dared? Is this a parody or something?

ive been aggressively and enthusiastically pretending this doesnt exist.

oddly, the reviews arent bad at all, but it seems its being compared to schlock (relatively) like last season of narcos instead of gomorra.

but yeah everything about it is a red flag. ill dip a toe at some point tho im sure.

Load Metric
    Suburra the series is Suburra the movie stretched in to 10 episodes or so. And the movie wasn't that good to begin with.

Thread Information