Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gomorrah

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    So fucking good. But my beef is this. Ciro has been a step ahead of everyone the whole time. How the fuck does he show up to lady Imma's funeral with his lady and daughter? Also not laying in a kill shot on Genny was terrible. The character is smarter than that.

I think there are logical explanations for both;

Imma's funeral

Traditionally, funerals are considered 'safe' from hostilities. And true to form, no one died at the funeral. Ciro realized that a certain element was missing, which set off his alarms, and lo and behold it was that element that ambushed people _after_ the funeral. So he was actually entirely correct that the funeral was safe, and also entirely correct that he needed to get a jump on what was going to happen after.

Genny

There is a great scene that described the entire Genny/Ciro arc for me, when Genny mentions his hometown (well after his issues with Ciro reached a boiling point) and says 'his brother' is there. Genny and Ciro are, for all intents and purposes, brothers. Even more so after Genny's return from being a hostage at the jungle camp; the new Genny is not just a brother but a potential equal. There is a really bad analysis floating around about why Genny doesnt kill Ciro in the hotel room. The party line being bandied about is 'oh leaving Ciro in play means Genny can use Ciro to check his father' or some similar shit. Thats basically retarded. Genny uses that as an _excuse_ not to kill Ciro, but its affection that keeps Ciro alive more than anything else. And Ciro's refusal to land a kill shot in Genny is rooted in entirely the same affection.

Not to say its entirely one thing and not the other of course. What I love most about this show is the ambiguity. Motives are multi layered and flexible and nuanced. American films never, ever do that right. Its so rare, its the difference between art and Hollywood trash, and its why this show feels so ulta fucking real.

Comments

Krypt: Unreal analysis

Suicide King: Cogent
    Last edited by sonatine; 09-29-2016 at 11:14 AM.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Comments

sonatine: FLASHBACKS REP

Load Metric
    Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  25.5 KB

Banged out the final three late into last night, had a horrible day at work but worth it.

The Saviano book is a fascinating read if you want to learn more about Camorra shenanigans; I saw the film ~5 years ago in Nepal but the audio was too fucked up. Looked pretty, though.

It was like 3:30 am so it may be an obvious miss on my part, but did Genny poison Ciro, or was he making a reference to the drugs Ciro was presumably on being poison? The English subtitles in the finale were particularly bad for the feed that I found.
    [/QUOTE]

Comments

sonatine: highly appropriate image
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    poison is slang for heroin.

sorry, i just remembered, wasnt there some thing between them where they talked about how they were both poisoned by ambition and a mutual need to deal with the dudes dad?

and the movie wasnt bad but was super overrated, i think it might resonate more in .eu or something tho.
    Last edited by sonatine; 10-05-2016 at 09:56 PM.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Finished season 2. Loved it, especially all the bodies that kept piling up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Finished season 2. Loved it, especially all the bodies that kept piling up.
    the deaths were insanely like, real feeling. eg the circumstances, not the actual dying.

example:

the guy drives off after getting shot at and youre like WOW THATS GOING TO BE CRAZY WHEN THIS GUY SHOWS UP AND TELLS HIS STORY AND THE WHOLE PLOTS GOING TO CHANGE and suddenly the next episode there is a static shot of the car with him in it and there are fucking flies on him because surprise when someone 'wings' you with a fucking .357 you bleed the fuck out.

i also really like how ciro is a criminal in every possible sense of the word. like yeah hes awesome and charismatic and shit but something in him is capable of literally anything and i mean fucking anything at all if its going to solve some of his fuckin problems. and boy o boy do they not hold back on that fucking theme in season 2.

jesus....

Load Metric
    Btw, for the drinking viewer, why not play the Padre Pio drinking game- a shot for every Padre Pio pic on someone's wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Btw, for the drinking viewer, why not play the Padre Pio drinking game- a shot for every Padre Pio pic on someone's wall.

my kidneys have enough problems im sure.

Load Metric
    Haven't watched any TV in about one week since I finished, have nothing lined up to attempt to fill the void.

Stripping away all of the nonsense is so, so refreshing.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    SEASON 3?????

Load Metric
    MAY 2017 YALL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    MAY 2017 YALL
    what a great series!! only season 1 on netflix. where did you get season 2?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    MAY 2017 YALL
    what a great series!! only season 1 on netflix. where did you get season 2?
    pm

Load Metric
    Rewatching, even the pilot is fucking awesome.

Season 1 on Netflix now, do yourself a favor.

Comments

sonatine: reps go here

Banned
    Load Metric
    I love the way tine dedicates his entire life to watching television and logging countless hours on this failsite.

Safe to conclude that tine has a very empty life the instant he clicks the power button on his arsenal of laptops and disconnects from his digital alternative reality.

Comments

SysOp: /THREAD

Load Metric
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-down-10547974

the writers are never going to run out of material. incredible.

Comments

Charham: wow. like the pictures, they trying to look more hipster and less guido

Load Metric
    Just finished season one.

So, so good.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Buckle up for s2 get on that

sonatine: fistbump

Suicide King: Gets it

Krypt:

Load Metric
    Where the fuck is the new season? I literally have not watched a tv show since the end of season 2 ffs

Load Metric
    Airing in Autumn/Fall I hear.

Load Metric
    Airing in Autumn/Fall I hear.
    Laid over in Singapore and just wrapped up a rewatch of season 2.

Little worried about future seasons, right? I can't think of a show that went all in being able to nearly match such a season, unless you drink the wire s4 koolaid.

How much more can happen with Genny/Ciro? Not sure any remaining Camorristi have had enough development to really emerge, save that bitch who had that guy shot in the balls or maybe the messenger girl.

But my god, that scene between Savastano and Ciro.

Also, lol: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-10-times.html

Thread Information