Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York Mets sign Tim Tebow

Gold
    Load Metric

New York Mets sign Tim Tebow

The Mets are gonna give Tebow a shot. It's a good gamble cause all he does is win.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...eague-contract

Load Metric
    Yeah. He's never seen a real fastball, curve or change up in his life.

Load Metric
    Paging chinamaniac to this thread...

Team=joke

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

LegalizeMeth: for comparing Tebow to the GOAT

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

ya he failed really badly coming back to win 3 straight nba titles and some say if he stuck with baseball for a cpl more years, he coulda been a star in MLB, stealing a shit ton of bags

TEBOW IS GOD, HE WILL BE BLASTING 40 BOMBS SOON

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Jordan would not have been a star in MLB. He wasn't even good enough to get a fringe job as a reserve for publicity's sake.

He wouldn't not have been a stolen base king, as he was too tall and too heavy to be a premier MLB base stealer.

He finally did the smart thing and returned to the sport where he had real talent.

Comments

thesidedish: he was improving quickly and making plays just as he decided to return to NBA

drufdajewgod: * "and returned to the sport were he was the greatest to ever do it"

Gold
    Load Metric
    Jordan would not have been a star in MLB. He wasn't even good enough to get a fringe job as a reserve for publicity's sake.

He wouldn't not have been a stolen base king, as he was too tall and too heavy to be a premier MLB base stealer.

He finally did the smart thing and returned to the sport where he had real talent.
    C'mon Druff. I agree with you on Jordan but Tebow has a better athletic build to succeed at baseball than Jordan who was too lanky. Tebow looked pretty good swinging that bat and he has exceptional power which is why the Mets signed him.

I could see him being a mid season call up by the middle of next season and being a pretty good power hitter. And even if he fails what is the downside in the Mets giving him a shot.

Comments

ToasterOven: moron

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post

C'mon Druff. I agree with you on Jordan but Tebow has a better athletic build to succeed at baseball than Jordan who was too lanky. Tebow looked pretty good swinging that bat and he has exceptional power which is why the Mets signed him.

I could see him being a mid season call up by the middle of next season and being a pretty good power hitter. And even if he fails what is the downside in the Mets giving him a shot.
    Biff would you like to make a bet regarding Tebow ever making it to the majors?

Comments

BiffCo99: No

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Paging chinamaniac to this thread...

Team=joke
    He looks shaky in the field, def has raw power (hitting 430 foot BP home runs) but a longshot to make it obv. Doesn't hurt to throw him at a very low level and see if he can advance.

Load Metric

You mean his secret NBA 1 year suspension for betting on Basketball was over so they let him back in.

Comments

lewfather: Real niggas know

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

You mean his secret NBA 1 year suspension for betting on Basketball was over so they let him back in.
    i love all the jordan conspiracies. if even 10% of the stories are true the guy was the ultimate degen

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

i love all the jordan conspiracies. if even 10% of the stories are true the guy was the ultimate degen
    I was about to say the same things....95% sure he was told to leave for a couple years.

Load Metric
    My favorite part of this Tebow-baseball story is reading the scouts review of his showcase, calling him generally an average defender in the outfield but with a weak arm.

FORMER 1ST RD PICK IN THE NFL AT QB.....WEAK ARM

you cant make that shit up

Load Metric
    When the Indians bring up some pitcher who has a 1.25 era in the minors or a guy hitting .330, and I look at his bio and see he's 29, I basically write him off. Most of the time those guys don't make it, and even the ones who do, by the time they adjust to the majors, they're on the decline. To think some guy who hasn't even been excelling in the minors is going to do it is silly.

Tebow is like one of old baseball promotions where they signed a midget to draw walks. Simply a sideshow to sell a few tickets and create a buzz.

Comments

BiffCo99: It's TEBOW TIME

LegalizeMeth: voice of reason
    Last edited by BCR; 09-08-2016 at 01:10 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    When the Indians bring up some pitcher who has a 1.25 era in the minors or a guy hitting .330, and I look at his bio and see he's 29, I basically write him off. Most of the time those guys don't make it, and even the ones who do, by the time they adjust to the majors, they're on the decline. Tebow is like one of old baseball promotions where they signed a midget to draw walks. Simply a sideshow to sell a few tickets and create a buzz.
    yeah, unless you're a knuckleballing pitcher, the future is not bright in those scenarios.

I looked it up out of curiosity (couldnt remember the exact age) but R.A. Dickeys first good year was age 35 lol.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    When the Indians bring up some pitcher who has a 1.25 era in the minors or a guy hitting .330, and I look at his bio and see he's 29, I basically write him off. Most of the time those guys don't make it, and even the ones who do, by the time they adjust to the majors, they're on the decline. Tebow is like one of old baseball promotions where they signed a midget to draw walks. Simply a sideshow to sell a few tickets and create a buzz.
    yeah, unless you're a knuckleballing pitcher, the future is not bright in those scenarios.

I looked it up out of curiosity (couldnt remember the exact age) but R.A. Dickeys first good year was age 35 lol.

True. You can be selling used cars at 30, master a knuckler, and have a 15 year MLB career.

Comments

BiffCo99: #TEBOWING

gut: offset

Load Metric
    Motion to move this to the TEBOW IS GOD thread.

Comments

drufdajewgod: Lol.. always respect the hustle... good for him.. wish him success

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

RA was also a former first round pick.

I think Tebow will have a decent showing in A and AA...hell he might even get a cup of coffee in the show. Only 6% of minor leaguers appear in the big leagues.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hasn't this meathead heard of Auusie rules Footbball? Baseball can make a great athlete look silly. Tebow would be a hit down under where they just throw a ball on the field and let the lumberjacks look for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    Sandy Alderson said that Tebow won't be available every day because he's going to still work at his ESPN broadcast job. So, not a publicity stunt at all. The difference between this fraud and a Kardasian is a decent sex tape.

Comments

BiffCo99: Kardashian sextape was garbage. #TEBOWTIME

Thread Information