Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest Chipotle scandal: Workers forced to clock out, still work for free

Gold
    Load Metric
    Druff how can you NOT get down on a deal like that, no matter where they put the tomatoes??? Come on, man.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Young Chipotle manager Alex Simon, who was given $6000 to move from St. Louis to Little Rock to manage the Chipotle there, was fired for refusing to illegally deny overtime to his employees. They also refused to pay him the $6000 after this happened.

What a scummy company.

I fully believe this dude.

I really hope all these lawsuits against them win, and they go down in flames.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/28/news...job/index.html

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    It's easy not to like unions when you're a poker player and have no experience of needing to use your union in a dispute with an employer.
    I wasn't always a poker player. Remember, I'm 44 years old, so I had a work history at real jobs for a long time before becoming a poker player. This includes some real shit jobs as a teen where I got treated like crap and obtained a firsthand understanding of what low-wage workers go through.

This is why I am sympathetic to situations like this. Notice I am the one who posted this article and took the workers' side, which is hardly what you'd expect from a conservative Republican like me, right?

I just don't think that unions are the proper solution anymore, or if they are, they need to be highly reformed. Unions disproportionately benefit longtime ("senior") workers, and often drive wages to unreasonable and unsustainable levels for unskilled jobs. They also make it difficult to fire bad employees, especially if they have seniority.

I am also a product of the public school system (never attended a private school in my life), and watched some really awful teachers get away with being terrible simply because they had been teaching at the school since 1969. Why did these teachers have firing immunity? The union.

I don't want this to be a long debate about unions. We already had that in other threads here.

However, instead of making snarky comments about me being a poker player, take the time to understand that I actually give a shit when ordinary people are oppressed or screwed, as evidenced by the fact that I started this thread at all.
    Christ Druff, like fucking private schools are better, come on. I went to the lycee francais on W. National Boulevard, Shit school with rich JEWS everywhere.Public education is great and free STFU

Gold
    Load Metric
    Chipotle stock at a 52 week low. I think they are going to start closing down some stores. The ones near me are always empty.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Chipotle stock at a 52 week low. I think they are going to start closing down some stores. The ones near me are always empty.
    thats because everyone is having explosive diarrhea

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiddishdonk View Post

I wasn't always a poker player. Remember, I'm 44 years old, so I had a work history at real jobs for a long time before becoming a poker player. This includes some real shit jobs as a teen where I got treated like crap and obtained a firsthand understanding of what low-wage workers go through.

This is why I am sympathetic to situations like this. Notice I am the one who posted this article and took the workers' side, which is hardly what you'd expect from a conservative Republican like me, right?

I just don't think that unions are the proper solution anymore, or if they are, they need to be highly reformed. Unions disproportionately benefit longtime ("senior") workers, and often drive wages to unreasonable and unsustainable levels for unskilled jobs. They also make it difficult to fire bad employees, especially if they have seniority.

I am also a product of the public school system (never attended a private school in my life), and watched some really awful teachers get away with being terrible simply because they had been teaching at the school since 1969. Why did these teachers have firing immunity? The union.

I don't want this to be a long debate about unions. We already had that in other threads here.

However, instead of making snarky comments about me being a poker player, take the time to understand that I actually give a shit when ordinary people are oppressed or screwed, as evidenced by the fact that I started this thread at all.
    Christ Druff, like fucking private schools are better, come on. I went to the lycee francais on W. National Boulevard, Shit school with rich JEWS everywhere.Public education is great and free STFU
    Los Angeles private schools are a big scam, for the most part.

They thrive because the public school system in LAUSD sucks so badly, mostly due to the busing situation. But also because LAUSD is just a mess.

I went to a public school in a smaller district with a great rep. No busing. No gangs. But some teachers still sucked, and were lazy beyond belief.

The no gangs thing was very important in the mid-late 80s because that was a huge problem in LA around that time.

Overall it was still the right decision to send me to public school because I went to one of the top rated ones.

I agree Lycée is a shit school, and a borderline scam like so many other LA area private ones.

Load Metric
    Only ate there three times , first two were free and I thought the thing was pretty good, the dandruff syndrome aka it tastes better when free. Then when I footed the bill wasn't that good , don't see my self returning unless it's free

Comments

hongkonger: You're alive!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hardeight View Post
    Only ate there three times , first two were free and I thought the thing was pretty good, the dandruff syndrome aka it tastes better when free. Then when I footed the bill wasn't that good , don't see my self returning unless it's free

I guess that means you're listening to radio.

Food really does taste better when it's free.

I've never had Chipotle for free. I've only eaten there a few times. It was okay. Didn't excite me, but wasn't bad. This was before the e-coli woes and the recent employee-stiffing controversies.

Now I don't even want to go there again on principle. This is the type of company I want to see fail.

Comments

blubbernuffle: maybe i misunderstood your op so here is offset

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hardeight View Post

I guess that means you're listening to radio.

Food really does taste better when it's free.

I've never had Chipotle for free. I've only eaten there a few times. It was okay. Didn't excite me, but wasn't bad. This was before the e-coli woes and the recent employee-stiffing controversies.

Now I don't even want to go there again on principle. This is the type of company I want to see fail.
    Yeah I do listen. , 100% agree that food tastes better when it's free , well this time last year there stock was
    648 now 370 . So if that trend continues they may at least close stores ,

Load Metric
    Here you can buy a real burrito from a real tacoria, owned buy people who's mothers and fathers taught them how to do so. I give no shits about this garbage company.

Load Metric
    watched those numbers are really small. must have been a slow news day
    Last edited by blubbernuffle; 10-29-2016 at 05:27 AM. Reason: dbl post! forgive me, internet

Thread Information