Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dude makes 10 fake OKCupid profiles -- 5 male, 5 female -- and experiments how looks and gender influences response

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Dude makes 10 fake OKCupid profiles -- 5 male, 5 female -- and experiments how looks and gender influences response

This is a 4-year-old article, and I only found it because Facebook suggested it to me after a friend was talking about her bad experiences on OKCupid.

But it's really interesting.

A guy decided to test two theories:

1) That females have a huge edge over men on dating sites, at least as far as receiving messages in response to their profile

2) That attractive people of both genders also have a huge edge on dating sites over average looking and ugly people

He made 10 identical profiles. The only difference was that 5 were male, 5 were female, and their pics were all different.

http://jonmillward.com/blog/attracti...ng-experiment/

Results are pretty much what you'd expect, but still fascinating.

Comments

Henry: In other news water is wet Dan. Here's Tom with the weather.

Serial Fail: Attractive females get more sexual attention that ugly males?! HOLY SHIT BIG NEWS

Banned
    Load Metric
    didnt read but i've fucked around with both sites and can tell you at least from my perspective that pof scores infinite more poon than okcupid.

Comments

Henry: Didn't read crw 4life

Banned
    Load Metric

for gaysex: sex so good fuck for free

hash tag #drake

Comments

Henry: Another one

Load Metric
    POF and OKcupid suck. I used to use tinder and I'd get tons of responses from girls. Some i'd take up, most I wouldn't.

I mostly think druff's theory is correct that most women on tinder are looking for dates rather than just random sex with dudes, but they will have random sex with dudes.

Edit: Being an attractive or "handsome" dude gives you a huge edge. Most girls would say i'm "hot" or "Handsome".

Not bragging here.

Comments

LarryLaffer: not bragging rep

MumblesBadly: If I were gay, I'd prolly hit on you 'cause you *sounded* hot when calling in to the radio show.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SysOp View Post
    POF and OKcupid suck. I used to use tinder and I'd get tons of responses from girls. Some i'd take up, most I wouldn't.

I mostly think druff's theory is correct that most women on tinder are looking for dates rather than just random sex with dudes, but they will have random sex with dudes.

Edit: Being an attractive or "handsome" dude gives you a huge edge. Most girls would say i'm "hot" or "Handsome".

Not bragging here.

did ok on tinder for a minute but for me pof has been holding steady

Comments

SysOp: whatever works brother

Banned
    Load Metric
    she asked me, do you want to get high?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    ive been using POF my roommate and I call it Plenty of Fat girls! ive been getting laid!

Comments

El Gallo: Well done

Henry: Plenty of whales

lewfather: Hof

big dick: haha that realy is hof. happy to hear you are doing better.

varys: *applause*

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ugaistheteam View Post
    ive been using POF my roommate and I call it Plenty of Fat girls! ive been getting laid!
    Fat girls need loving too.

Druff's ears just perked up.

Comments

SysOp: lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    cliffs:

online dating - it's bad
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    There needed to be a study to confirm that women get more messages on dating sites and that attractive people get more attention?

I think his next study should answer the question, "Do women like rich guys"? and "Do strippers like tips?"

Comments

Sanlmar: Todd posting Cosmo sex survey next

MumblesBadly: LOL!

SysOp: truth

Gordman: shut it down toaster

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ugaistheteam View Post
    Wait. You aren't dead?

Load Metric
    i met this smoking hot girl on tinder on st. Patrick's day and drove downtown to meet up. i met her at some bar i forget the name now, but anyway we head back to her friends apartment and they start watching netflix. my stomach starts rumbling. shit. she starts making moves on me and i have to make an excuse to leave (cause i wasn't about to blow out their bathroom) so anyway i leave, and as I'm leaving she says "i was going to fuck you, you know?" but i had to shit that bad, i ran back over to the bar i met her at, blew it out and got a text from her saying "you're a fucking weirdo" lol.

man she was smoking hot, red head.

Comments

ToasterOven: shit at her place.

Belly Buster: shit out

Buck Nasty: fix your diet

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i met this smoking hot girl on tinder on st. Patrick's day and drove downtown to meet up. i met her at some bar i forget the name now, but anyway we head back to her friends apartment and they start watching netflix. my stomach starts rumbling. shit. she starts making moves on me and i have to make an excuse to leave (cause i wasn't about to blow out their bathroom) so anyway i leave, and as I'm leaving she says "i was going to fuck you, you know?" but i had to shit that bad, i ran back over to the bar i met her at, blew it out and got a text from her saying "you're a fucking weirdo" lol.

I'm missing something. I'm sure you realized that it was over with her as soon as you ran out.

So why not freeroll it by shitting at her place, flushing quickly, and hoping no one notices (or no one cares?)

I bet she would have had sex with you anyway, even if she realized what was going on. Maybe no blow job though.

Comments

varys: I thought the same thing

Load Metric

WTF??? You had a legitimate reason to discreetly check out their medicine cabinet for goodies and you passed on it??? Badguy is prolly shaking his head at you!

Comments

SysOp: lol bad guy rep
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    didnt read but i've fucked around with both sites and can tell you at least from my perspective that pof scores infinite more poon than okcupid.
    I meet this guy in my dealings some weeks ago and ever since he got divorced he has been on plenty of fish and is always text messaging on it..

He says he does 3 different chicks a week. I believe him, but when I saw there pics. It was of no great accomplishment.

Comments

Mintjewlips: OH!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    I meet this guy in my dealings some weeks ago and ever since he got divorced he has been on plenty of fish and is always text messaging on it..

He says he does 3 different chicks a week. I believe him, but when I saw there pics. It was of no great accomplishment.
    That's what I noticed on PoF in my brief time there. Most of the women there seem fairly gross -- and I mean legitimately unattractive, not just being an arrogant internet geek claiming that average chicks are ugly. I was very unimpressed with the site and deleted my account quickly.

I have had various friends send me pics of girls they met on PoF, and none were even average looking, let alone attractive.

I didn't find other sites to be that way. The rest tended to have a mixture of pretty, okay, and ugly chicks. PoF chicks were mostly monsters.

Friends have shown me girls they've met from the various sites in more recent years, and again the PoF chicks were by far the ugliest.

I was never even huge on the looks thing. If a girl was average looking, and of the basic type I was looking for, that was good enough. If they were better than average, of course that was a bonus and I appreciated it, but it was never a requirement. I cared more about personality, honesty, and intelligence, but I had to draw the line somewhere when it came to looks, and PoF chicks were mostly below that line.

Comments

wrenchjockey: For finally admitting you're an arrogant internet geek.

Load Metric
    Really not judging here, but apparently if youre a girl and cant get your shit together on okcupid, you eventually sink to pof.

And honestly, but for the grace of god etc. Just saying. Pof is for people who 'graduated' from okcupid for all the worst, most obvious reasons.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Have her give you a blumpkin, LDO.

Comments

SysOp: rofl

Load Metric

I'm missing something. I'm sure you realized that it was over with her as soon as you ran out.

So why not freeroll it by shitting at her place, flushing quickly, and hoping no one notices (or no one cares?)

I bet she would have had sex with you anyway, even if she realized what was going on. Maybe no blow job though.
    trust me, had i blown out her bathroom, which was near the living room, the smell would've done me in. i also was getting a weird vibe by the whole situation. again i have huge stomach problems, IBS, lactose intolerance, probably chrones.

but in hindsight, i should've freerolled it.

Load Metric

trust me, had i blown out her bathroom, which was near the living room, the smell would've done me in. i also was getting a weird vibe by the whole situation. again i have huge stomach problems, IBS, lactose intolerance, probably chrones.

but in hindsight, i should've freerolled it.

Are you a youngster? At my age, I'll absolutely tell her that I'm going to shit and 50/50 call her in to look at it when I'm done.

Comments

SysOp: lol

Gordman: shut it down toaster

Indyrick: lol

Thread Information