Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Oxycodone: Friend or Foe?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeMeth View Post
    hate to be the asshole here but dont people realize that prolonged use of opiates will lead to dependency? Like its scientifically proven that it can happen within a month of daily use....so logic dictates dont take it for longer than a month under any circumstances, no? Now I know its different when youre living with debilitating pain, but any moron who voluntarily takes opiates to get high for an extended period is basically dumb af in my opinion. I mean I get it, opiates are the shit, but wtf with people getting hooked on this shit? just be smart about it, how doctors arent somehow being held accountable for guys like this I have no idea

First of all Logic also dictates that the vast majority of are completely ignorant of perscription drugs and tend to trust doctors.

Second there's nothing common about common sense

Third chronic pain doesn't take a day off

Lastly legalize meth?? Wtf? Why did I even respond

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Back on track.

Weed is a horrible drug that makes you go with the flow and turns you into an unopinionated zombie going with the flow on everything and not only taking it up the ass in every situation but thinking you are doing the right thing. There honestly couldn't be a drug that the powers at be want everyone to be on more than marijuana. Good God I can't even imagine the uncontrollable giggling that goes on when members of the Elite get together and discuss all the peons crying to legalize a drug they wish everyone was on.

Be careful what you wish for my niggas. Be careful.

You act like taking it up the ass is a bad thing.

Comments

Tellafriend: first laugh of the morning

nunbeater: not that there's anything wrong with that rep

Load Metric
    This guy has a very serious drug addiction and step smells the vulnerability like a vampire smells blood.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Back on track.

Weed is a horrible drug that makes you go with the flow and turns you into an unopinionated zombie going with the flow on everything and not only taking it up the ass in every situation but thinking you are doing the right thing. There honestly couldn't be a drug that the powers at be want everyone to be on more than marijuana. Good God I can't even imagine the uncontrollable giggling that goes on when members of the Elite get together and discuss all the peons crying to legalize a drug they wish everyone was on.

Be careful what you wish for my niggas. Be careful.

You act like taking it up the ass is a bad thing.
    You are for sure my favorite twinkle toed dude. You on the radio is money. If I had a roll I would have turned my head and coughed up for sure.

Comments

OSA: Donate thread still up and running

Load Metric
    you won't get out of this unless you change something

it could be where you live, the people you hangout with, etc...but as they say in treatment "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again."

some people make this change cold turkey, some over a period of time

the most important thing is getting to a point everyday where you wake up and not getting high seems more normal than getting high

like i said before for some people this takes being locked up, moving, changing the people you hangout with, sweating it out for 30 days at a treatment facility...

just try to get to a point where getting high isn't your default. that will start to change the wiring of your brain and then go from there.

in my experience, a big part of getting there was getting on methadone - it let me restore my factory settings to where getting high daily wasn't my number 1 priority. a lot of quitting is letting go of the habitual de ritual - all the points where your brain joneses / releases endorphins (calling your dope man, seeing him pull up after waiting an hour, chopping it up, fixing)

once you do that, the process of scoring drugs and getting high will seem to get in the way of your normal daily activities (instead of vice versa)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

it could be where you live, the people you hangout with, etc...but as they say in treatment "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again."

the most important thing is getting to a point everyday where you wake up and not getting high seems more normal than getting high

like i said before for some people this takes being locked up, moving, changing the people you hangout with, sweating it out for 30 days at a treatment facility...

just try to get to a point where getting high isn't your default. that will start to change the wiring of your brain and then go from there.

in my experience, a big part of getting there was getting on methadone - it let me restore my factory settings to where getting high daily wasn't my number 1 priority. a lot of quitting is letting go of the habitual de ritual - all the points where your brain joneses / releases endorphins (calling your dope man, seeing him pull up after waiting an hour, chopping it up, fixing)

once you do that, the process of scoring drugs and getting high will seem to get in the way of your normal daily activities (instead of vice versa)
    Thanks for this you are right. I'm not only nervous about kicking the stuff but then dealing with unbearable gut wrenching pain on top of that.

Load Metric
    I don't have any advice to offer up, but I hope you beat this thing.

Comments

Hockey Guy: This^^^^^^^ for me too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegnation22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

Thanks for this you are right. I'm not only nervous about kicking the stuff but then dealing with unbearable gut wrenching pain on top of that.
    although please understand...

the withdrawal from methadone is MUCH longer - although it isn't as extreme as being dope sick, it sticks around for two weeks to a month

so before going on methadone, I would STRONGLY urge you exhaust other means before throwing in the towel.

but if you simply can't deal w/ dope sickness and can't get things like klonopine, librium, weed, booze, etc to help you through those 3-5 days - don't torture yourself longer than you have to

Load Metric
    I don't think replacing a pharmaceutical addiction with a drug addiction is a very sustainable approach. There are certainly alternative approaches to pain management which I believe would serve you better. Take multivitamin, high grade fish oil, biosil, flaxseed, and other supplements that have shown to be effective in muscular/skeletal support. Invest in regular yoga massages, infared saunas, eucalyptus steam room, and perhaps even a salt water swimming pool. Aquatic exercise may be very beneficial for you. Addiction is a problem everyone faces in modern society to some extent, but weening yourself off drugs with more habit forming drugs is simply not the answer. From my own experience (not opiates) quitting cold turkey is the most effective because ultimately drastic times call for drastic measures. And addressing Willie's advice, I absolutely agree with making drastic changes in your daily regimen.

Comments

snowtracks: Ramble Rep

Henry: high grade fish oil is not a bad idea here, plus as a bonus benefit studies show it may help prevent heart disease

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    This guy has a very serious drug addiction and step smells the vulnerability like a vampire smells blood.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    I don't think replacing a pharmaceutical addiction with a drug addiction is a very sustainable approach. There are certainly alternative approaches to pain management which I believe would serve you better. Take multivitamin, high grade fish oil, biosil, flaxseed, and other supplements that have shown to be effective in muscular/skeletal support. Invest in regular yoga massages, infared saunas, eucalyptus steam room, and perhaps even a salt water swimming pool. Aquatic exercise may be very beneficial for you. Addiction is a problem everyone faces in modern society to some extent, but weening yourself off drugs with more habit forming drugs is simply not the answer. From my own experience (not opiates) quitting cold turkey is the most effective because ultimately drastic times call for drastic measures. And addressing Willie's advice, I absolutely agree with making drastic changes in your daily regimen.

Your advice is based in pseudo science mine is based in real science. End of story. All the multivitamins in the world wont help when you have stabbing pains all over your body. Yoga is pointless for someone who cant move or get out of bed. Steam rooms help with asthma and breathing issues. Marijuana is about as habit forming as Pepsi. Please stop giving advice to people you might kill someone.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Wondering if Druff would still be against legalizing drugs if the DEA added Pepsi to the Schedule 1 list.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Your advice is based in pseudo science mine is based in real science. End of story. All the multivitamins in the world wont help when you have stabbing pains all over your body. Yoga is pointless for someone who cant move or get out of bed. Steam rooms help with asthma and breathing issues. Marijuana is about as habit forming as Pepsi. Please stop giving advice to people you might kill someone.
    Tough call re: science but still, you do want to hold out for the salt water swimming pool.

Comments

Henry: I know Chingy owns a salt water pool. He was showing it off on mtv cribs. Or maybe it was Plies I honestly don't remember.

OSA: Pretty sure both have been or are in prison

Load Metric
    What type of fish oil do you recomend Krypt?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    What type of fish oil do you recomend Krypt?
    Nordic Naturals

Comments

big dick: TY SIR

Load Metric
    I hope you kick this shit man.

Load Metric
    Foe

Load Metric
    Willie made a post a while back of kicking the H with methadone. Everything I have read is when you get hooked to opiates you have no choice but to transition to methadone. When I was going to AA meetings back in the day, there was always an occasional opiate user in the group trying to quit cold turkey. He/She would last like a week and disappear.

I say "she" as well because there was an incredibly hot and terribly trashy chick that came to our AA meeting one night. She has a fabulous body but looked like she just got hit by a truck. Over the next few days she starting sobering up and wearing make up and was quite hot and articulate. I began drinking coffee near her before the meetings and we struck up a conversation. I thought I was going to get laid later that week, which is a huge flag in AA, but I knew she would be easy and I was weaning off AA anyway so I did not give a shit. Plus, I had already began drinking wine so I was really off the wagon, but nowhere near where I was beforehand with vodka, so AA did benefit me.

Anyway, we went out for a group social after a meeting one night and went to Dennys. These socials let me tell you were about the most painful things you had ever been to. It was basically people talking about their past drunkness and life of crime for many, etc... It was interesting at first, but man after a month it just wore you out and you really wanted to tell people to shut the fuck up and quit telling the same story over and over.

Anyway, this story is a bust because there really is no ending. She got up even before she ordered and said she had to go. I walked her to her car, and she made some BS excuse she had forgot she had to meet her sister but she would return to meetings later that week. She never returned. I always wondered if we went to a bar instead, saying we were just going to get ice teas and transitioned to wine later on. A regret in my life for sure.

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: someday you'll work this shit into an anecdote

Load Metric
    Well i had a discussion with my pain management doctor about my growing dependency with these and how I feel like I am abusing them and it's ruining my life. He was shocked and surprised that someone admitted that.

I am not simply looking to get high as I do need these for pain and to function daily. I am only 27 and these injury really fucked me up. So he is going to putend on MS Contin as I brought that up, it is extended release so I don't get the initial rush and relief of the oxy. It's gonna help manage the pain consistently.

How does a 27 year old have such issues with hip and spine pain. Well long story short October 2015 I was out walking my dog around dusk on a back road, 30mph zone. These 2 kids came ripping around a corner in a new challenger and lost control as I was trying to evade the pending impact. I dove to the side and jumped up as I did, he was sitting sideways and the direct impact was my hip making impact with the rear fender/trunk area and it flipped me up in the air and I came down hard. I was unconscious and spent 2 months in the hospital recovering. When I was released in was tossed pills by my doctor and have lived decently sense.

Hopefully this medicine willl help better long term with pain and I can control the desire to pop this things like altoids. If not I am going to have to quit the stuff altogether and just try and deal.

Comments

rum dick: jesus. good luck bro

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Well i had a discussion with my pain management doctor about my growing dependency with these and how I feel like I am abusing them and it's ruining my life. He was shocked and surprised that someone admitted that.

I am not simply looking to get high as I do need these for pain and to function daily. I am only 27 and these injury really fucked me up. So he is going to putend on MS Contin as I brought that up, it is extended release so I don't get the initial rush and relief of the oxy. It's gonna help manage the pain consistently.

How does a 27 year old have such issues with hip and spine pain. Well long story short October 2015 I was out walking my dog around dusk on a back road, 30mph zone. These 2 kids came ripping around a corner in a new challenger and lost control as I was trying to evade the pending impact. I dove to the side and jumped up as I did, he was sitting sideways and the direct impact was my hip making impact with the rear fender/trunk area and it flipped me up in the air and I came down hard. I was unconscious and spent 2 months in the hospital recovering. When I was released in was tossed pills by my doctor and have lived decently sense.

Hopefully this medicine willl help better long term with pain and I can control the desire to pop this things like altoids. If not I am going to have to quit the stuff altogether and just try and deal.
    Fucking piece of shit kids. I would have made them blow me once a week to deal with my inability to do it myself. Were either of them hot?

Load Metric

Wow, what a fucking nightmare. I'm sorry to hear that and want to wish you good luck moving forward.

What happened to the dog?

Thread Information