Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oxycodone: Friend or Foe?

Load Metric

Oxycodone: Friend or Foe?

I recently had a debilitating injury and have been on Oxy for the past 9 months. At first it was a God send for managing my pain but recently I feel like this shit has a strangletter hold on me. I was first prescribed Percocet 5mg and after 6 months was bumped to Oxycodone 10mg. I take way much more then I should be and blow through my monthly script which forces me to go to the street and but oxy 30s aka blues....I see my life slipping away and my focus on my career and family is strained.

Anybody ever had issues with this shit?

I do need it to manage the pain but I'm overboard on it currently. Any tips for how to control it?

Comments

LEVEL ACCOUNT: Dude JUST FUCKING STOP NOW OR YOU WILL BE FUCKED!

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    This is the first time Im hearing prescription drugs being a problem in the US

Comments

Flipper_Fair: funny rep

MumblesBadly: LOL!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegnation22 View Post
    I recently had a debilitating injury and have been on Oxy for the past 9 months. At first it was a God send for managing my pain but recently I feel like this shit has a strangletter hold on me. I was first prescribed Percocet 5mg and after 6 months was bumped to Oxycodone 10mg. I take way much more then I should be and blow through my monthly script which forces me to go to the street and but oxy 30s aka blues....I see my life slipping away and my focus on my career and family is strained.

Anybody ever had issues with this shit?

I do need it to manage the pain but I'm overboard on it currently. Any tips for how to control it?
    Opiates actually make pain worse after long term use. Doctors have no idea how much damage they are doing. They are literally killing their patients in masses. I feel for you. You have to get off that shit but it is going to be extremely difficult to do.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this (before he needs methadone to get off the street heroin he ends uo using after docs cut him off of more Oxy pills.)
    :freelewfather

Diamond
    Load Metric
    This is not a joke when I say this but I would recommend trying to slowly ween yourself off the stuff by smoking medical grade marijuana.

There are several strains that deal with pain and you can look them up on Leafly. I used to grow medical marijuana legally and I have spoken to hundreds of people of all ages and races that say that eating/smoking/vaping helps them manage their pain and when done properly you can get rid of the addiction of opiates. I used to also run a compassionate center where I would speak with veterans as well as older individuals who have had the said the same thing.

Medical Marijuana can be great medication if used properly and in moderation.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    This is not a joke when I say this but I would recommend trying to slowly ween yourself off the stuff by smoking medical grade marijuana.

There are several strains that deal with pain and you can look them up on Leafly. I used to grow medical marijuana legally and I have spoken to hundreds of people of all ages and races that say that eating/smoking/vaping helps them manage their pain and when done properly you can get rid of the addiction of opiates. I used to also run a compassionate center where I would speak with veterans as well as older individuals who have had the said the same thing.

Absolutely. Marijuana is so much better for long term pain than opiates.
    :freelewfather

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

You can't believe how many people came up to me at the compassion center, patients of mine, caregivers, saying that the medication that I provided allowed them to be able to sleep better, eat better, and be more active. A lot of the time, they had side effects from opiates that they needed to deal with in addition to the pain they had in the first place. They were taking medication for the medication. Unreal. Edibles as well as tinctures/vaping are a great alternative to not smoking.

Comments

rum dick: so fucking true

FPS_Russia: Waiting for Druff to admit he was wrong about medical MJ.

MumblesBadly: FPS: That could be like waiting for Godot.

big dick:

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Smoke some weed for the pain. If you do need an opiate to control the pain get your doctor to write a script for a long lasting med (ie 12 or 24 hours). Your pain will be better controlled (ie less of the peaks and valleys you're experiencing from using the instant release meds). And you also won't get as much of the high, which has obviously a problem for you.

Also have the Dr switch you to an opiate you enjoy less. This will help to discourage abuse. MS Contin works great for pain and doesn't have nearly the high oxy does.

Either way stop with the roxis. They are hecka addictive and expensive and will ruin your life (I've seen it happen to a bunch of people....shit is no bueno).

Hope the above helps. Good luck.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Definitely listen to what OSA is saying. Dude's advice is spot on (cannot believe I just said that but it's true)

Comments

Mintjewlips: you must be a cock sucker too

varys: You must be a cock sucker too

ToasterOven: cocksucker!

OSA: sucker of cocks

nunbeater: cork soaker

Load Metric
    Tegnation, does your state have medical marijuana (MMJ)?

OSA is spot on, and to prove that even further, states that have implemented legitimate MMJ programs have seen over a 25% decrease in opiate addictions. MMJ works!

Seriously, get the fuck off that shit no matter what it takes. It's a vicious cycle that will most likely cause you to turn to something like Heroin, and eventually it will get the better of you. Even people that can afford to stay on legitimately prescribed opiates usually end up dead because of their addiction.

Load Metric
    Watch the special on Vice about opiates, it is amazing and horrible all at the same time. It is a perfect example of how corrupt our government is whenough it comes to big pharma.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    US Medical is filled with greedy fucks and why we have the problems we have. They prescribe lots of random shit to people they either don't need or is incredibly harmful long term. Some of these opiate drugs aren't bad if taken properly and for very short periods of time but the doctor will just keep on writing a new script because they don't want their patients in pain.

Of course marijuana is better for pain it's not embraced federally and only so many states allow it. State governments, of course, have to get their big cut on legalized weed as well.

A bit off topic but I saw this earlier and cringed.

Load Metric
    Yes we do have medical marijuana and dispensaries here. I got a MM card about 4 months ago and have tried many strains targeted for pain control.

It does help with the pain to a degree, not aswell as the oxy does, but I have a main issue with weed. I just get way to blasted off these high grade strains. I work so I can't go in to work wrecked, as I just couldn't function and I tend to always look messed up when I'm stoned. I think my boss wouldnt be happy if I showed up and handled finances in a high state. So I tend to only smoke when im home at night.

With the oxy it relieves the spine and hip pain at work and I can function properly. That's where istruggle with controlling it. While i sitting at my desk for 8-12 hours a day is when the pain is the worst.

Load Metric
    My brother battled opiate addiction for over 10 years. He was initially prescribed opiates due to a workplace accident. He died of a heroin overdose earlier this year. I'd stay away but hey I'm a little biased.

Comments

BCR: Really sad to hear this.

varys: Damn brotha

LEVEL ACCOUNT: DEAD, JAIL, OR LIFE RUINED. That's the only options for opiate addicts.. No bias just facts bro

big dick: -(

Pablo:

Load Metric
    You need CBD!

CBD will also even you out as far as that high feeling you will get from THC.

Try to find a 1:1 CBD/THC strain like Blue Jay Way. You could also combine strains and smoke or Vape all at once. Also, the infused capsules and edibles work very well.

Marijuana is never going to take away the pain like an opiate will. The key is finding something that you can manage your pain with. The sooner you accept the fact that you will always be dealing with some sort of pain without opiates the better off you are going to be. Getting old sucks, but it's better than the alternative.

Load Metric
    Alot of good advice. Thanks guys and yes i should accept that the pain will be forever. My doctor was definitely quick in tossing pills at me and filling my script. These things are demons and i need to get off for sure.

Load Metric
    Get into a multidisciplinary chronic pain management program. However if you are in USA you are probably fucked in terms of accessing one.

Only time strong opiates should be used long term is palliative care.
    Last edited by BetCheckBet; 08-17-2016 at 02:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    US Medical is filled with greedy fucks and why we have the problems we have. They prescribe lots of random shit to people they either don't need or is incredibly harmful long term. Some of these opiate drugs aren't bad if taken properly and for very short periods of time but the doctor will just keep on writing a new script because they don't want their patients in pain.

Of course marijuana is better for pain it's not embraced federally and only so many states allow it. State governments, of course, have to get their big cut on legalized weed as well.

A bit off topic but I saw this earlier and cringed.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but the graphic you posted makes the conclusion that we should get universal health care to solve the above problem.

That's incorrect.

The surgery would still cost $40k, but the taxpayers would be paying for it instead of the person needing the surgery!

Our main healthcare problem in the US is out of control costs, NOT the lack of government-sponsored care.

Load Metric
    http://tryalta.com/ has great internal pain management tinctures and others high in CBD.

We sell patches at my delivery service http://tamcoalition.org/index.html see if you have any near you. Some last for 4 days, and come in both CBD and THC.

Wean yourself slowly off the opiates, they will become unmanageable.

Good Luck

Comments

snowtracks: MJ rep

IamGreek: Flip knows his MJ rep

Load Metric
    If the pain is never going away, then just do yourself a favor and get into methadone now. If you're 9 months in and on Oxy and buying extra on the street, heroin is simply a matter of time. Skip the hell and just get on methadone. It provides significant pain relief and you're an addict already. If you were simply an addict, it would be worth it to try and kick, but life with true chronic pain is worse than life as an addict, so just go methadone. You're going to end up there anyway if there isn't a surgical cure for your pain.

I'm doing radio frequency ablation, trigger point injections, and 15mg oxycodone maybe twice a week for cervical spine issues. I'm okay, but if those things eventually quit being effective, I'll go methadone, because Oxy use is unsustainable.

Comments

varys: Niggas know

hongkonger: jesus, please take care

nunbeater: cash in envelope rep

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

You can't believe how many people came up to me at the compassion center, patients of mine, caregivers, saying that the medication that I provided allowed them to be able to sleep better, eat better, and be more active. A lot of the time, they had side effects from opiates that they needed to deal with in addition to the pain they had in the first place. They were taking medication for the medication. Unreal. Edibles as well as tinctures/vaping are a great alternative to not smoking.
    I posted the dramatic drop in Dr. prescribed pain killers in places where medical MJ is available. It's costing big pharma big time.
    Be vigilant folks, this is the kind shit big pharma lobbyist are targeting. The alcoholic beverage companies are also lobbying hard to restrict medical MJ. They'll probably frame their anti MJ legislation as protecting kids or public safety, don't fall for it.

Good luck w your addiction. Limbaugh beat it, good advice imo.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 08-17-2016 at 02:39 PM.

Thread Information