Thread: Oxycodone: Friend or Foe?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Oxycodone: Friend or Foe?

I recently had a debilitating injury and have been on Oxy for the past 9 months. At first it was a God send for managing my pain but recently I feel like this shit has a strangletter hold on me. I was first prescribed Percocet 5mg and after 6 months was bumped to Oxycodone 10mg. I take way much more then I should be and blow through my monthly script which forces me to go to the street and but oxy 30s aka blues....I see my life slipping away and my focus on my career and family is strained.

Anybody ever had issues with this shit?

I do need it to manage the pain but I'm overboard on it currently. Any tips for how to control it?

Comments

LEVEL ACCOUNT: Dude JUST FUCKING STOP NOW OR YOU WILL BE FUCKED!

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    This is the first time Im hearing prescription drugs being a problem in the US

Comments

Flipper_Fair: funny rep

MumblesBadly: LOL!

Diamond
    Load Metric
    This is not a joke when I say this but I would recommend trying to slowly ween yourself off the stuff by smoking medical grade marijuana.

There are several strains that deal with pain and you can look them up on Leafly. I used to grow medical marijuana legally and I have spoken to hundreds of people of all ages and races that say that eating/smoking/vaping helps them manage their pain and when done properly you can get rid of the addiction of opiates. I used to also run a compassionate center where I would speak with veterans as well as older individuals who have had the said the same thing.

Medical Marijuana can be great medication if used properly and in moderation.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    This is not a joke when I say this but I would recommend trying to slowly ween yourself off the stuff by smoking medical grade marijuana.

There are several strains that deal with pain and you can look them up on Leafly. I used to grow medical marijuana legally and I have spoken to hundreds of people of all ages and races that say that eating/smoking/vaping helps them manage their pain and when done properly you can get rid of the addiction of opiates. I used to also run a compassionate center where I would speak with veterans as well as older individuals who have had the said the same thing.

Absolutely. Marijuana is so much better for long term pain than opiates.
    :freelewfather

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

You can't believe how many people came up to me at the compassion center, patients of mine, caregivers, saying that the medication that I provided allowed them to be able to sleep better, eat better, and be more active. A lot of the time, they had side effects from opiates that they needed to deal with in addition to the pain they had in the first place. They were taking medication for the medication. Unreal. Edibles as well as tinctures/vaping are a great alternative to not smoking.

Comments

rum dick: so fucking true

FPS_Russia: Waiting for Druff to admit he was wrong about medical MJ.

MumblesBadly: FPS: That could be like waiting for Godot.

big dick:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

You can't believe how many people came up to me at the compassion center, patients of mine, caregivers, saying that the medication that I provided allowed them to be able to sleep better, eat better, and be more active. A lot of the time, they had side effects from opiates that they needed to deal with in addition to the pain they had in the first place. They were taking medication for the medication. Unreal. Edibles as well as tinctures/vaping are a great alternative to not smoking.
    I posted the dramatic drop in Dr. prescribed pain killers in places where medical MJ is available. It's costing big pharma big time.
    Be vigilant folks, this is the kind shit big pharma lobbyist are targeting. The alcoholic beverage companies are also lobbying hard to restrict medical MJ. They'll probably frame their anti MJ legislation as protecting kids or public safety, don't fall for it.

Good luck w your addiction. Limbaugh beat it, good advice imo.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 08-17-2016 at 02:39 PM.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Smoke some weed for the pain. If you do need an opiate to control the pain get your doctor to write a script for a long lasting med (ie 12 or 24 hours). Your pain will be better controlled (ie less of the peaks and valleys you're experiencing from using the instant release meds). And you also won't get as much of the high, which has obviously a problem for you.

Also have the Dr switch you to an opiate you enjoy less. This will help to discourage abuse. MS Contin works great for pain and doesn't have nearly the high oxy does.

Either way stop with the roxis. They are hecka addictive and expensive and will ruin your life (I've seen it happen to a bunch of people....shit is no bueno).

Hope the above helps. Good luck.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Definitely listen to what OSA is saying. Dude's advice is spot on (cannot believe I just said that but it's true)

Comments

Mintjewlips: you must be a cock sucker too

varys: You must be a cock sucker too

ToasterOven: cocksucker!

OSA: sucker of cocks

nunbeater: cork soaker

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegnation22 View Post
    I recently had a debilitating injury and have been on Oxy for the past 9 months. At first it was a God send for managing my pain but recently I feel like this shit has a strangletter hold on me. I was first prescribed Percocet 5mg and after 6 months was bumped to Oxycodone 10mg. I take way much more then I should be and blow through my monthly script which forces me to go to the street and but oxy 30s aka blues....I see my life slipping away and my focus on my career and family is strained.

I do need it to manage the pain but I'm overboard on it currently. Any tips for how to control it?
    Opiates actually make pain worse after long term use. Doctors have no idea how much damage they are doing. They are literally killing their patients in masses. I feel for you. You have to get off that shit but it is going to be extremely difficult to do.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this (before he needs methadone to get off the street heroin he ends uo using after docs cut him off of more Oxy pills.)
    :freelewfather

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegnation22 View Post

If you don't stop now your withdrawals will only get worse and before you know it you're basically homeless alienated everyone in your life along with losing everything you've ever loved and it only gets worse because you aren't far away from the point of not being able to catch a buzz because you already take so much you nod off instead. I am speaking from experience of a 7 year habit that cost me everything including a very promising poker career. I lost but got back my wife and kids but I was lucky I was forgiven because it makes you lie, cheat, and steal or anything it takes to not be sick. I went through withdrawals after 1 year addiction and it was a fucking cake walk compared to trying to stop at 2 years on a higher dose. 1 blue 30 3 times a day is going to be a cake walk detox compared to what you're in store for if you keep at the pace you're going. Stop or you will end up dead, in jail, or losing everything. Oh and if you don't stop now plan on a 6 month recovery because every day longer you're on it makes the withdrawals exponentially worse.

So now if you don't quit then in 2 years come back and look at this post and let me know so I can call you a fucking dumbass and say I fucking told you so!

Thread Information