Thread: First they fuck up Ghostbusters and now they're gonna ruin the "Oceans" trilogy

Load Metric

Exclamation First they fuck up Ghostbusters and now they're gonna ruin the "Oceans" trilogy

Apparently the urge to continue to estrogenize classic films is continuing. It was recently announced they are working on an All female Oceans movie and given the title this looks to be part of a trilogy. Why the hell do they continue to shove this profeminist bullshit agenda by remaking great movies by taking a premise and basic plot line and throw in a bunch of chicks and think it'll bake into something decent. Did nobody learn from the epic failure of Ghostbusters

http://deadline.com/2016/08/oceans-e...ng-1201801342/

Load Metric
    I don't see feminism I see a lazy gimmick to churn out the same crap over and over with minimal variation and rake in billions.

Load Metric
    You are thinking about this the wrong way. Once is a fluke twice is a trend.

They make this and it bombs you won't see another feminazi movie made for another ten years.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    I don't see feminism I see a lazy gimmick to churn out the same crap over and over with minimal variation and rake in billions.
    And this project probably in the works already, and the producers think they can address the problems the Femi-Ghostbusters had. Sort of like how it took several tries to get a working trans-Atlantic telegraph cable laid down. Only this 'connection' is to bridge the divide between feminist ideology and mass-audience profitability.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 08-11-2016 at 04:44 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    "Ruin" is funny here. There was one of those 3 that was even watchable let alone "ruinable".

Watch the original with Sinatra and thank me later.

Comments

rum dick: yep....#2 and #3 were garbage

Hockey Guy: this. the first sequel was actually 1 of the worst movies I've ever seen & that's saying a lot because I've seen some real shit movies.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Think I heard female version of Ghostbusters lost 70 million lol

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    fwiw they fucked up Ghostbusters with Ghostbusters 2. People are rewriting history here. GB2 sucked so bad

Comments

rum dick: this! GB2 was the WOAT

Load Metric
    Bruckheimer/ Simpson had their gimmick back in the '90's with making everything with a black character as the lead. The mantra was 'get a regular script, then do it black'. That begat 48 Hours, Beverly Hills Cop, Bad Boys and a few others. I don't see this as anything other than that, except with the caveat that it's chicks, not blacks. Now mind you, it should be more lucrative, because boys take girls to see movies, unless it's Star Wars, then the boy goes to the movies with or without the girl in tow. Dating may be the only thing keeping movie theaters open at this point.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    "Ruin" is funny here. There was one of those 3 that was even watchable let alone "ruinable".

Watch the original with Sinatra and thank me later.
    Oceans 12 was a brilliant movie. Not because it was good film but because 11 made so much god damned money the studio would have done anything to get 12 made so the whole cast said "ok fine but you are sending us on a all expenses paid 4 month summer European Vacation" and they had to accept.

Comments

ToasterOven: makes sense

Load Metric
    Been hearing rumors that the next Escape from New York (slated for 2018) will be a woman as the lead. Supposedly Snake Pliskins daughter set in on a mission when a Senator falls into a walled off Manhattan.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post
    Been hearing rumors that the next Escape from New York (slated for 2018) will be a woman as the lead. Supposedly Snake Pliskins daughter set in on a mission when a Senator falls into a walled off Manhattan.
    It could be a mashup and they could call it "Snake In The City".

Thread Information