Thread: Doug Polk calls out Dwan for the Durrrr Challenge...

Load Metric

Doug Polk calls out Dwan for the Durrrr Challenge...

The Durrrr Challenge: The “Largest Scam in Poker History”?
    Well, Doug Polk thinks so at least.

Link to F5 article: http://f5poker.com/poker-news/2016/8...inks-so-least/

At about 11:30 in. Polk talks about Jungleman escrowing with Ivey and Dwan not escowing for the challenge.

At about 45 min in as well on the Chicago Joey broadcast. Polk mentions that others had part of Junglemans action with the challenge...
    @hotshott74 on twitter

Load Metric
    well durrrr will for sure hurry up and finish it now

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Only arguments against it being a scam are

Maybe FTP promised to back the challenge? Still Dwans responsibility

Maybe he was counting on his FTP pro Money to pay for this Still his responsibility

Another excuse I have heard people use is that he had money on FTP but I don't believe that to be the case as if I remember correctly he did say that he didn't have much on there when the site went down.

AT the end of the day , he made a bet and started getting clobbered and stopped playing. I would guess if he was winning he would have kept playing??

I also believe this was around the time he started playing in Macau (where he was rumored to be 20 million in makeup) and lots of high stakes guys have come out and said he has a bad pit problem ( Baccarat) as well. I mean all of this could be false and are just rumors but it seems to correlate with not finishing this challenge AND being MIA on the poker circuit. If he was crushing the Macau (now I believe these games are in Manilla) games then this challenge would have finished.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    AT the end of the day , he made a bet and started getting clobbered and stopped playing. I would guess if he was winning he would have kept playing??

Dwan didn't intend for this to be a scam when the bet was made or even when he was down a good amount early but when FTP went down and Dwan's fall out with them is when he should have found a way to settle this up with Jungleman.

They could have agreed on a buy out, played on Stars, played live (adjusting the hands for slower live play), etc..

Since Dwan has dodged getting this done with Jungleman for as many years as he has the word scam is appropriate.

Their might have been times where Dwan won big in the games where he had some money in the moment to settle up in some way with Jungleman but he never did which makes him shady for doing so.

It's very true that if Dwan was up big he would have been urging Jungleman to get this finished.

BTW I've watched all of the Polker News episodes Doug Polk puts out and enjoy them. It's a quick 15 to 25 minute news show of his opinions but it's straight to the point covering a bunch of topics while Druff is still discussing topic 3 in the intro to a PFA radio show.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If he was crushing the Macau (now I believe these games are in Manilla) games then this challenge would have finished.
    LOL, they won't be for long. The new President in the Philippines is a huge Christian values zealot who has stated today in a presser that he wants to shut down all gaming in the island nation.

I'm more likely to win MVP of the World Series than Dwan finishing that bet with Jungleman.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Jungleman was on Doug Polk podcast today and says he thinks the challenge will be resolved by the end of 2018.

He says that Dwan has paid him approximately $700k in penalty's.

It starts about 55:00 into the clip.

Comments

duped_samaritan: Exactly 1 year bump rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Only arguments against it being a scam are

Maybe FTP promised to back the challenge? Still Dwans responsibility

Maybe he was counting on his FTP pro Money to pay for this Still his responsibility

Another excuse I have heard people use is that he had money on FTP but I don't believe that to be the case as if I remember correctly he did say that he didn't have much on there when the site went down.

I also believe this was around the time he started playing in Macau (where he was rumored to be 20 million in makeup) and lots of high stakes guys have come out and said he has a bad pit problem ( Baccarat) as well. I mean all of this could be false and are just rumors but it seems to correlate with not finishing this challenge AND being MIA on the poker circuit. If he was crushing the Macau (now I believe these games are in Manilla) games then this challenge would have finished.
    OT - but you seem to be the man to ask. I have been hearing lately that most of the games now in Vegas that I used to play, 10-20nl and higher are filled with folks colluding. Is this a generally true statement from your experience?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    He didn't say this flat out, but he also implied the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

Thread Information