Thread: What the fuck is this 'Tiny House" fad?

Gold
    Load Metric

What the fuck is this 'Tiny House" fad?

It has wheels. It's mobile. It's on a trailer frame. IT'S A FUCKING TRAILER HOUSE. Do they think they can fool the general population of sheeples by throwing some cedar siding on it and acting all hipster and edgy while saying, "No, it's a TINY HOUSE, sir".

Now in St Paul, there's talk of having a "Tiny House Village". NO. YOU'RE PLANNING A FUCKING TRAILER PARK. Link: http://www.twincities.com/2016/08/01...houses-stpaul/

LarryLaffer, can you provide any insight here?

Name:  colorado-tiny-houses.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  134.7 KB

Comments

sonatine: KAPOW

Load Metric
    I feel that your anger over this issue, as well as your depiction of these houses as a "fad," reveal more about you and the area you inhabit, than anything about new-age white trash, hipsters, or LarryLaffer.

If this is a fad in your area, then you are either experiencing the saddest gentrification in the history of real estate, or you are experiencing the opposite of gentrification... vagabondification. It's the suburban plight left from white people returning to the cities and ratty white people moving out of the hood and back into traditionally white bread neighborhoods. Enjoy.

Comments

ToasterOven: ugh

wrenchjockey: OK, Mumblefuck.

sah_24: Druff this is out of control . . .

Muck Ficon: :noose

LarryLaffer: NOT MUMBLES

MumblesBadly: (Larry! Shhhhh!!!!)

Gold
    Load Metric
    Do you think it's any coincidence that this "fad" is happening just as home ownership in America is hitting historic lows? Obama and the Democrats are conditioning Americans to accept a declining quality of life. And hipster progressives are more than happy to act like this is something "cool". Complete pawns of the establishment.

Welcome to a Democrat controlled America, where you shouldn't expect to prosper. Just accept your tiny new life.

Comments

ToasterOven: one note retard

4Dragons: poor t.o., can't except that democrats are 100% responsible for the new normal

Mintjewlips: pretty spot on

sah_24: ding ding ding . . .

hongkonger: Retard

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: *accept

big dick: fox told him so

Tegnation22: Sftrue

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post
    Do you think it's any coincidence that this "fad" is happening just as home ownership in America is hitting historic lows? Obama and the Democrats are conditioning Americans to accept a declining quality of life. And hipster progressives are more than happy to act like this is something "cool". Complete pawns of the establishment.

Welcome to a Democrat controlled America, where you shouldn't expect to prosper. Just accept your tiny new life.
    I agree, although I feel this is more the result of neo-liberalism controlling Democrats, in the same way the Republican party was taken over by neo-conservatives, until Trump blew the dog whistle.

Comments

MumblesBadly: I couldn't have said it better myself. (Because perhaps I did say it???)
    Last edited by GringoStar; 08-06-2016 at 07:25 AM.

Load Metric
    Yeah, that housing crash of 2007 really sucked. Thanks, Obama.

Comments

BiffCo99: Brainwashed Obama apologist

sah_24: Fail . . .

sonatine: i dont know what to say about people not getting this

4Dragons: he made it soooooo much better

GambleBotsSatire: FUCKIN BARRRRY

gimmick:

big dick: obama goat

Load Metric
    People are actually living within their means & you somehow feel this is a bad thing?

I suppose you'd feel better if they were buying a 600K house they can't afford & robbing local liquor stores to make it all work.

Comments

Tegnation22: Agree
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    It's not going to be on wheels, but I have been looking at one of these to put on a river lot. Basically like a cabin.

Load Metric
    He's not fat he's big boned

Load Metric
    There's another thread about this someplace on here.. I find it interesting in a more off-grid context. EG, the idea of having a very small house on an otherwise large parcel of land that one uses for harvest/resources.

Weirdly, its a philosophy I encountered first in NYC circa the mid 80s; 'oh yeah I just really need a place to sleep, beyond that Im out doing shit, so I'll literally live in a closet sized apartment with no kitchen and a shared bathroom but I love the location', that whole trip.

Once you get into these 'parks' for mini-houses tho yes, youre just doing the bare minimum to avoid being outright homeless. It's a trailer park for people who want to avoid the stigma, I guess?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Dumpsters are much better yo

We owe it to Marty for that helpful insight.

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...-in-a-Dumpster

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    There's another thread about this someplace on here.. I find it interesting in a more off-grid context. EG, the idea of having a very small house on an otherwise large parcel of land that one uses for harvest/resources.

Weirdly, its a philosophy I encountered first in NYC circa the mid 80s; 'oh yeah I just really need a place to sleep, beyond that Im out doing shit, so I'll literally live in a closet sized apartment with no kitchen and a shared bathroom but I love the location', that whole trip.

Once you get into these 'parks' for mini-houses tho yes, youre just doing the bare minimum to avoid being outright homeless. It's a trailer park for people who want to avoid the stigma, I guess?
    Not sure if this is the thread you are referring to:

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...lar-Am-I-crazy

Comments

sonatine: ty
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    i clicked this expecting my name to be somewhere in the OP.

you do not disappoint.

my insight?

never in a million years would I live in a shit hole like that.

id sooner move back in with mom and dad.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    GringoStar isn't Mumbles.

I think the tiny house thing is supposed to be a weird form of hippie rebellion against consumerism, while at the same time appearing environmental.

It's dumb.

Having extra space is a good thing, not a bad thing, and a grown-up is going to need a lot of space to store various things he accumulates, even if he's not a shopaholic or a pack rat.

Comments

LarryLaffer: thank you for clearing that up. my friend was confused.

Load Metric
    It's like a wooden camper. It's nicer than the RV's the bums in LA live in.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I have one in my backyard that I play League of Legends in when my wife is hanging out with her boyfriend Keyshawn

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    GringoStar isn't Mumbles.

I think the tiny house thing is supposed to be a weird form of hippie rebellion against consumerism, while at the same time appearing environmental.

It's dumb.

Having extra space is a good thing, not a bad thing, and a grown-up is going to need a lot of space to store various things he accumulates, even if he's not a shopaholic or a pack rat.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information