Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to trade Yasiel Puig, the Dodgers demote him

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Unable to trade Yasiel Puig, the Dodgers demote him

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/17...gers-road-trip

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...es-dull-moment

Dodgers shit the bed by not trading him earlier. Instead, they sat on their hands, nobody bit, and they were stuck holding him past the trade deadline.

So they demoted him.

And Puig stormed out of the room when he heard.

I don't think demoting him will do much good, other than further erode his trade value in the offseason.

He actually has some trade value due to his high potential and relatively low salary (by today's standards).

In other news, Matt Kemp was quietly shipped from San Diego to rot in Atlanta, in exchange for..... Hector Olivera, the woman-beater who is also owed a lot of money. Then the Padres DFA'd Olivera.

So basically the Padres got rid of Kemp simply to dump his contract minus 30 million.

I know all of Kemp's issues, but I still wish he came back to the Dodgers. I wish the Dodgers offered to take him back minus 30 million. For all of his baggage and poor OBP, he still is hitting like .269 with 24 HR, playing mostly in pitcher's parks. I always felt that the "clubhouse cancer" thing about Kemp was exaggerated. When I watched him in the dugout, he was always one of the most enthusiastic ones cheering for the team, even when injured. Puig was the selfish one who pissed everyone off, not Kemp.

Load Metric
    I have always hated Puig he reminds me of sammy sosa

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/17...gers-road-trip

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...es-dull-moment

Dodgers shit the bed by not trading him earlier. Instead, they sat on their hands, nobody bit, and they were stuck holding him past the trade deadline.

So they demoted him.

And Puig stormed out of the room when he heard.
    the storming off was reported originally by Ken Rosenthal, he has retracted his report with an appology

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/ken-...r-stadium.html
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    I was a little despondent over Hill & Reddick and appreciate your cheering me up.

Thx Druff.

Load Metric
    A stint in the minors would be good for him. They could teach him how to hit the cutoff man. That throw to third base earlier this year might be the best I have ever seen though:

Comments

nunbeater: damn! helluva throw especially considering it bounced off the wall

LOL Puig was always so overrated.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Definately overated no one is trying to give up much for a player like that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dodgers should have shipped him out awhile ago, before his various fails this season made him less desirable.

There would have been a lot of takers prior to this season's start, and those teams would have shipped some good players in return.

Now admittedly his trade value is hurt. The Dodgers can get something for him, but that much. He's still worth more than his contract, but not much more.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dodgers' Cuban experiment has been a failure thus far.

Puig was the only one who brought them any returns, and now they want to get rid of him midway.

Alex Gonzalez was a disaster and a waste of $.

Hector Olivera was an event bigger disaster. The Dodgers did dump him on the Braves, but had to eat some money before doing so.

Load Metric

Puig was the only one who brought them any returns, and now they want to get rid of him midway.

Hector Olivera was an event bigger disaster. The Dodgers did dump him on the Braves, but had to eat some money before doing so.
    Alex Guerroro?

I don't disagree about AGon but only one of us can be right.

Dodgers wouldn't know what to do with a Cuban prospect and Puig proved that. The value nerds couldn't even trade the value that is there.

You can develop and trade a guy with no intention of playing him.

What the hell is going on over there?

Comments

GrenadaRoger: u r right, it was Alex Guerrero

Load Metric

Puig can be rehabbed:

start with his work on the hitting the fastball, there is no reason for a man as young as him to have trouble with that pitch--it's what pitchers have been getting him out with this year

then work on his character, he's got to realize not everyone thinks like him and as a team player he can't be self absorbed on and off the field

if he can do the first, he will get a lot more latitude on the second.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Alex Guerroro?

I don't disagree about AGon but only one of us can be right.

Dodgers wouldn't know what to do with a Cuban prospect and Puig proved that. The value nerds couldn't even trade the value that is there.

You can develop and trade a guy with no intention of playing him.

What the hell is going on over there?
    Whoops.. I meant Alex Guerrero.

AGon actually hasn't been a disaster.

I know you don't like him, and I know he sucked in Boston, but he's done exactly what the Dodgers wanted him to do -- or at least he did from 2013-2015. This year he only has 9 HR, so he's in decline.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

Puig can be rehabbed:

start with his work on the hitting the fastball, there is no reason for a man as young as him to have trouble with that pitch--it's what pitchers have been getting him out with this year

then work on his character, he's got to realize not everyone thinks like him and as a team player he can't be self absorbed on and off the field

if he can do the first, he will get a lot more latitude on the second.
    I always thought the Dodgers and Mark McGuire ruined the kid. There is room for guys like Adrian Beltre.

I agree with your last sentence. I was confounded to read the Chicago press lamenting Chapman's character and that trade.

Chapman or Puig win and everything else goes away.

Load Metric
    I remember thinking Puig was going to haunt us for years.

Load Metric
    Puig will get called up in Sept. Nice add for the bench and Reddick is god.

Friday 10:10pm Sawks Dodgers.

All tooled up with MLB package so I can hear Vin Scully.

Druff all excited about being in the hunt. This will serve as a reminder about his inferior league and schedule. It's not real. It won't be variance.

Check out both teams inter league record. Home or away. It matters not a lick.

Buckle up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Puig will get called up in Sept. Nice add for the bench and Reddick is god.

Friday 10:10pm Sawks Dodgers.

All tooled up with MLB package so I can hear Vin Scully.

Druff all excited about being in the hunt. This will serve as a reminder about his inferior league and schedule. It's not real. It won't be variance.

Check out both teams inter league record. Home or away. It matters not a lick.

Buckle up.
    imho Giants adding Pence and Panic from the DL in late July will quickly turn around the offense; Giants have the inside track on the race to the finish

Comments

Suicide King: Gets it

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Giants down 13-8 against the lol Phillies, and their ace Bumgarner (who has looked shitty lately) started.

I wouldn't be awarding them the NL West crown just yet.

BTW, Panik isn't himself since he started having injury issues. Keep in mind that he was already a surprise success story in the first place. I have him on my fantasy team so I know him well.

I have to give the Dodgers credit for doing something they haven't done in many years, and that's win without riding the coattails of 2 ace pitchers. They've been winning despite having zero aces for some time.

Load Metric
    Giants down 13-8 against the lol Phillies, and their ace Bumgarner (who has looked shitty lately) started.

BTW, Panik isn't himself since he started having injury issues. Keep in mind that he was already a surprise success story in the first place. I have him on my fantasy team so I know him well.

I have to give the Dodgers credit for doing something they haven't done in many years, and that's win without riding the coattails of 2 ace pitchers. They've been winning despite having zero aces for some time.
    well, the Dodgers are down 0-4 to the Rockies right now and the new rightfielder, Red-Dick, has turned in a limp performance so far

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

well, the Dodgers are down 0-4 to the Rockies right now and the new rightfielder, Red-Dick, has turned in a limp performance so far
    I am hoping the Rockies sweep the Dodgers and the Phillies sweep the Giants to make the NL West a lot more interesting.

Gold
    Load Metric
    The Phillies got a lot of young hungry hitters looking for a job next season. I think they will sweep the giants.

Thread Information