Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bad beat: Two PFA users who bought pieces of me at the WSOP had my payment check to them stolen, and my bank account was used to buy shit at Target

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Police will not do anything. I won't even bother.

Bank will also not do anything, aside from a quick investigation to make sure I'm not rolling them in some way. They will eat the $200 and be done with it.

Target will not do anything, aside from disabling those debit cards.

If I want to know any more, I have to do it myself.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: good, find them and show them what happens when they fuck with a stranger

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I wonder if the route of the mail passes through Lancaster/Palmdale when traveling to the east coast.
    The post office has its distibution center in Santa Clarita that services mail deliveries in San Fernando Valley and adjacent areas. For example, a letter mailed in Westlake Village going to Thousand Oaks will go to from Westlake Village to Santa Clarita and from there back to Thousand Oaks.

I would think you letters would have gone to Santa Clarita, and from there on to the distribution centers that service area you backers live in.

(Santa Clarita is about 30 miles southwest of Palmdale & Lancaster)
    Forgot about Santa Clarita's distribution center.

Yeah, I think there's a fair chance it happened there.

I will be researching all I can, and then reporting my findings to the USPS Postmaster General.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, Wells Fargo just gave me the 200 dolla back.

Now I just need to go through the long and arduous task of changing all of my auto-pay bills to this new bank account.... some of which I'm going to have to call directly during business hours.

Not going to be fun.

Comments

ftpjesus: Sucks having to be alive during normal business hours instead of sleeping due to grinding all night rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Target is fucking awful.

No wonder they get victimized all the time.

Their credit card department (which I know is a separate company, but they work on behalf of Target) cannot get me to the right department to talk about my situation.

I've called like 5 times and every time the rep tries to give me some stock answer like "report it to your bank", and then when I say I want to speak to their fraud/security department, they go to pieces and either do the hold/disconnect routine, or cold transfer me to some department I don't want.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's even more tilting because every call starts with a foreign call center, then I have to ask to be transferred to the US, then I get intentionally disconnected about 1/2 the time, then if I do get connected, I get the clueless US rep on the other end who wants to tell me to take it up with my bank, and gets insulted if I don't like that answer.

Keep in mind all I'm trying to do is speak to their fucking fraud/security department.

Load Metric
    please tell me you're recording these calls.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    please tell me you're recording these calls.
    I'm not, but the calls are more tilting/frustrating than entertaining.

I'm on my last attempt, when I told them I wanted to take this to law enforcement, I was told, "Law enforcement needs to work with your bank, not with us."

Right.

They're literally the only ones holding the information of the perpetrator, something the bank can't even access, yet they clam it's the bank's responsibility.

I told them (accurately) that the bank's responsibility ends at reimbursement of me (which has happened).

They checked on it again with their supervisor, said it's the bank's responsibility, and refused to let me speak to that supervisor.

They then hung up on me, but not before I (falsely) claimed that I was recording the whole thing and was going to put it on YouTube for "my million followers".

I always like to say that at the end to freak out asshole reps who are intentionally uncooperative and rude with me. This one noticeably got nervous when I said that (which was the very end of the call when they were refusing everything and digging their heels in).

Oh well. I tried. Not worth further effort. I could try to social engineer the name out of them, but it's too difficult to get the right person, and the chance of it working is fairly low, so fuck it.

Good job, check thief. You got away with it.

Load Metric
    But maybe Alvin Finklestein can help.

Or Harry Crumb.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Wells Fargo also wanted to charge me for the checks for the new account.

I talked them out of it.

Now I have to call 9 different businesses with the new account number for auto-pay.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hardeight View Post

Why not file the police report ? Have the cops get the security cameras ? The police will also give you the name . Then get those tapes via a public records request ?
    Have you tried targets corporate office . I am sure they have a fraud department .

did you see the amounts that were taken? about $200.

the cops won't even give you a call back on such matter.

I think the suggestion of calling the bank, reporting the fraud, and having the bank refund the money is the best solution here.

LoL @ thinking this can be handled with the police. they have other things to do.
    Depends, sadly nowadays cops would rather deal with petty non violent crime then deal with hardcore violent assholes, less likely to be shot. Why do you think the prisons are full of drug addicts who steal shit, or just smoke too much pot, then violent gang bangers more often then not..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

did you see the amounts that were taken? about $200.

the cops won't even give you a call back on such matter.

I think the suggestion of calling the bank, reporting the fraud, and having the bank refund the money is the best solution here.

LoL @ thinking this can be handled with the police. they have other things to do.
    Depends, sadly nowadays cops would rather deal with petty non violent crime then deal with hardcore violent assholes, less likely to be shot. Why do you think the prisons are full of drug addicts who steal shit, or just smoke too much pot, then violent gang bangers more often then not..
    No chance the police around here will investigate it.

They wouldn't investigate it much even if it was all a local crime, but the fact that it occurred in Lancaster/Palmdale will especially make them laugh me out of the station if I ask them to investigate.

Besides, Target won't cooperate, so they would get nowhere even if they did investigate.

Target (not sure if it's the corporation or TD Bank who manages the card) is passing the buck to the bank, saying that it was my money with Wells Fargo which disappeared, so therefore it's the bank's 100% responsibility to investigate. This is bullshit, and in fact Target holds the only evidence, but that's their position.

Load Metric
    It's even more tilting because every call starts with a foreign call center, then I have to ask to be transferred to the US, then I get intentionally disconnected about 1/2 the time, then if I do get connected, I get the clueless US rep on the other end who wants to tell me to take it up with my bank, and gets insulted if I don't like that answer.

Keep in mind all I'm trying to do is speak to their fucking fraud/security department.
    Write a letter to their corporate HQ legal department, send it with tracking so you know they get it.

Yes I understand the irony of writing a letter about someone stealing your mail.

Communication in writing still gets shit done better than on the phone a lot of the time, especially if it goes to legal. They don't take it seriously when people call in.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Write a letter to their corporate HQ legal department, send it with tracking so you know they get it.

Yes I understand the irony of writing a letter about someone stealing your mail.

Communication in writing still gets shit done better than on the phone a lot of the time, especially if it goes to legal. They don't take it seriously when people call in.

make sure to use a legal header from the Offices of Alvin Finklestien esq.

not even joking, I duped a landlord one time who was trying not to give me a security deposit back by sending a letter from a made up lawyer.

it worked.

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

not even joking, I duped a landlord one time who was trying not to give me a security deposit back by sending a letter from a made up lawyer.

it worked.

And that is crime. Given that you are a current parolee you should avoid such aberrant behavior.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

it worked.

And that is crime. Given that you are a current parolee you should avoid such aberrant behavior.
    another dipshit who doesn't know the difference between someone on PROBATION and someone on PAROLE.

it's ok i can explain.

you see, when you're a person who is being released from prison, you're on PAROLE

when you're a person who didn't ever see a night in jail at any time, you're on probation.

and what I did wasn't illegal. Not one bit. you know why? Because I didn't threaten to sue, i didn't show up in court and claim to be a lawyer. I didn't steal some legal headers from an actual firm.

i simply scared the landlord into giving me back my deposit.

they could've simply vetted the letter and found out i was full of shit, and not given me back my deposit. but they didn't.

so yeah...

save it

and it's also no different than Druff pranking people as "Alvin Finklestein" and fishing information. like the NeNe episode a few years back.

Comments

MumblesBadly: And apparently Tellafriend is an attorney!!!
    Last edited by LarryLaffer; 08-02-2016 at 06:50 PM.

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Anyone remember this post when Druff discussed how he gave strangers he was selling bitcoin to his bank account info so that they could deposit money into that account?

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...l=1#post529250

Hopefully, this story of Druff being the victim of bank fraud, albeit one of small monetary consequence but definite hassle, will help drive home the merit of protecting that info as mentioned in that post.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    LoL Mumbles.

Yeah he's an attorney all right. probably got his law degree watching My Cousin Vinny

Last edited by LarryLaffer; 08-02-2016 at 07:46 PM.

George Steinbrenner

Gold
    Load Metric

and what I did wasn't illegal. Not one bit. you know why? Because I didn't threaten to sue, i didn't show up in court and claim to be a lawyer.

OHHHH I don't know about that.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs...072000050K17-2

(720 ILCS 5/17-2) (from Ch. 38, par. 17-2)
    Sec. 17-2. False personation; solicitation.
    (a) False personation; solicitation.
    (1) A person commits a false personation when he or

she knowingly and falsely represents himself or herself to be a member or representative of any veterans' or public safety personnel organization or a representative of any charitable organization, or when he or she knowingly exhibits or uses in any manner any decal, badge or insignia of any charitable, public safety personnel, or veterans' organization when not authorized to do so by the charitable, public safety personnel, or veterans' organization. "Public safety personnel organization" has the meaning ascribed to that term in Section 1 of the Solicitation for Charity Act.
    (2) A person commits a false personation when he or

she knowingly and falsely represents himself or herself to be a veteran in seeking employment or public office. In this paragraph, "veteran" means a person who has served in the Armed Services or Reserve Forces of the United States.
    (2.5) A person commits a false personation when he or

she knowingly and falsely represents himself or herself to be:
    (A) another actual person and does an act in such

assumed character with intent to intimidate, threaten, injure, defraud, or to obtain a benefit from another; or
    (B) a representative of an actual person or

organization and does an act in such false capacity with intent to obtain a benefit or to injure or defraud another.
    (3) No person shall knowingly use the words "Police",

"Police Department", "Patrolman", "Sergeant", "Lieutenant", "Peace Officer", "Sheriff's Police", "Sheriff", "Officer", "Law Enforcement", "Trooper", "Deputy", "Deputy Sheriff", "State Police", or any other words to the same effect (i) in the title of any organization, magazine, or other publication without the express approval of the named public safety personnel organization's governing board or (ii) in combination with the name of any state, state agency, public university, or unit of local government without the express written authorization of that state, state agency, public university, or unit of local government.
    (4) No person may knowingly claim or represent that

he or she is acting on behalf of any public safety personnel organization when soliciting financial contributions or selling or delivering or offering to sell or deliver any merchandise, goods, services, memberships, or advertisements unless the chief of the police department, fire department, and the corporate or municipal authority thereof, or the sheriff has first entered into a written agreement with the person or with an organization with which the person is affiliated and the agreement permits the activity and specifies and states clearly and fully the purpose for which the proceeds of the solicitation, contribution, or sale will be used.
    (5) No person, when soliciting financial

contributions or selling or delivering or offering to sell or deliver any merchandise, goods, services, memberships, or advertisements may claim or represent that he or she is representing or acting on behalf of any nongovernmental organization by any name which includes "officer", "peace officer", "police", "law enforcement", "trooper", "sheriff", "deputy", "deputy sheriff", "State police", or any other word or words which would reasonably be understood to imply that the organization is composed of law enforcement personnel unless:
    (A) the person is actually representing or acting

on behalf of the nongovernmental organization;
    (B) the nongovernmental organization is

controlled by and governed by a membership of and represents a group or association of active duty peace officers, retired peace officers, or injured peace officers; and
    (C) before commencing the solicitation or the

sale or the offers to sell any merchandise, goods, services, memberships, or advertisements, a written contract between the soliciting or selling person and the nongovernmental organization, which specifies and states clearly and fully the purposes for which the proceeds of the solicitation, contribution, or sale will be used, has been entered into.
    (6) No person, when soliciting financial

contributions or selling or delivering or offering to sell or deliver any merchandise, goods, services, memberships, or advertisements, may knowingly claim or represent that he or she is representing or acting on behalf of any nongovernmental organization by any name which includes the term "fireman", "fire fighter", "paramedic", or any other word or words which would reasonably be understood to imply that the organization is composed of fire fighter or paramedic personnel unless:
    (A) the person is actually representing or acting

on behalf of the nongovernmental organization;
    (B) the nongovernmental organization is

controlled by and governed by a membership of and represents a group or association of active duty, retired, or injured fire fighters (for the purposes of this Section, "fire fighter" has the meaning ascribed to that term in Section 2 of the Illinois Fire Protection Training Act) or active duty, retired, or injured emergency medical technicians - ambulance, emergency medical technicians - intermediate, emergency medical technicians - paramedic, ambulance drivers, or other medical assistance or first aid personnel; and
    (C) before commencing the solicitation or the

sale or delivery or the offers to sell or deliver any merchandise, goods, services, memberships, or advertisements, the soliciting or selling person and the nongovernmental organization have entered into a written contract that specifies and states clearly and fully the purposes for which the proceeds of the solicitation, contribution, or sale will be used.
    (7) No person may knowingly claim or represent that

he or she is an airman, airline employee, airport employee, or contractor at an airport in order to obtain the uniform, identification card, license, or other identification paraphernalia of an airman, airline employee, airport employee, or contractor at an airport.
    (8) No person, firm, copartnership, or corporation

(except corporations organized and doing business under the Pawners Societies Act) shall knowingly use a name that contains in it the words "Pawners' Society".
    (b) False personation; public officials and employees. A person commits a false personation if he or she knowingly and falsely represents himself or herself to be any of the following:
    (1) An attorney authorized to practice law for

purposes of compensation or consideration.
    This paragraph (b)(1) does not apply to a person who unintentionally fails to pay attorney registration fees established by Supreme Court Rule.
    (2) A public officer or a public employee or an

official or employee of the federal government.
    (2.3) A public officer, a public employee, or an

official or employee of the federal government, and the false representation is made in furtherance of the commission of felony.
    (2.7) A public officer or a public employee, and the

false representation is for the purpose of effectuating identity theft as defined in Section 16-30 of this Code.
    (3) A peace officer.
    (4) A peace officer while carrying a deadly weapon.
    (5) A peace officer in attempting or committing a

felony.
    (6) A peace officer in attempting or committing a

forcible felony.
    (7) The parent, legal guardian, or other relation of

a minor child to any public official, public employee, or elementary or secondary school employee or administrator.
    (7.5) The legal guardian, including any

representative of a State or public guardian, of a person with a disability appointed under Article XIa of the Probate Act of 1975.
    (8) A fire fighter.
    (9) A fire fighter while carrying a deadly weapon.
    (10) A fire fighter in attempting or committing a

felony.
    (11) An emergency management worker of any

jurisdiction in this State.
    (12) An emergency management worker of any

jurisdiction in this State in attempting or committing a felony. For the purposes of this subsection (b), "emergency management worker" has the meaning provided under Section 2-6.6 of this Code.
    (b-5) The trier of fact may infer that a person falsely represents himself or herself to be a public officer or a public employee or an official or employee of the federal government if the person:
    (1) wears or displays without authority any uniform,

badge, insignia, or facsimile thereof by which a public officer or public employee or official or employee of the federal government is lawfully distinguished; or
    (2) falsely expresses by word or action that he or

she is a public officer or public employee or official or employee of the federal government and is acting with approval or authority of a public agency or department.
    (c) Fraudulent advertisement of a corporate name.
    (1) A company, association, or individual commits

fraudulent advertisement of a corporate name if he, she, or it, not being incorporated, puts forth a sign or advertisement and assumes, for the purpose of soliciting business, a corporate name.
    (2) Nothing contained in this subsection (c)

prohibits a corporation, company, association, or person from using a divisional designation or trade name in conjunction with its corporate name or assumed name under Section 4.05 of the Business Corporation Act of 1983 or, if it is a member of a partnership or joint venture, from doing partnership or joint venture business under the partnership or joint venture name. The name under which the joint venture or partnership does business may differ from the names of the members. Business may not be conducted or transacted under that joint venture or partnership name, however, unless all provisions of the Assumed Business Name Act have been complied with. Nothing in this subsection (c) permits a foreign corporation to do business in this State without complying with all Illinois laws regulating the doing of business by foreign corporations. No foreign corporation may conduct or transact business in this State as a member of a partnership or joint venture that violates any Illinois law regulating or pertaining to the doing of business by foreign corporations in Illinois.
    (3) The provisions of this subsection (c) do not

apply to limited partnerships formed under the Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act or under the Uniform Limited Partnership Act (2001).
    (d) False law enforcement badges.
    (1) A person commits false law enforcement badges if

he or she knowingly produces, sells, or distributes a law enforcement badge without the express written consent of the law enforcement agency represented on the badge or, in case of a reorganized or defunct law enforcement agency, its successor law enforcement agency.
    (2) It is a defense to false law enforcement badges

that the law enforcement badge is used or is intended to be used exclusively: (i) as a memento or in a collection or exhibit; (ii) for decorative purposes; or (iii) for a dramatic presentation, such as a theatrical, film, or television production.
    (e) False medals.
    (1) A person commits a false personation if he or she

knowingly and falsely represents himself or herself to be a recipient of, or wears on his or her person, any of the following medals if that medal was not awarded to that person by the United States Government, irrespective of branch of service: The Congressional Medal of Honor, The Distinguished Service Cross, The Navy Cross, The Air Force Cross, The Silver Star, The Bronze Star, or the Purple Heart.
    (2) It is a defense to a prosecution under paragraph

(e)(1) that the medal is used, or is intended to be used, exclusively:
    (A) for a dramatic presentation, such as a

theatrical, film, or television production, or a historical re-enactment; or
    (B) for a costume worn, or intended to be worn,

by a person under 18 years of age.
    (f) Sentence.
    (1) A violation of paragraph (a)(8) is a petty

offense subject to a fine of not less than $5 nor more than $100, and the person, firm, copartnership, or corporation commits an additional petty offense for each day he, she, or it continues to commit the violation. A violation of paragraph (c)(1) is a petty offense, and the company, association, or person commits an additional petty offense for each day he, she, or it continues to commit the violation. A violation of subsection (e) is a petty offense for which the offender shall be fined at least $100 and not more than $200.
    (2) A violation of paragraph (a)(1), (a)(3), or

(b)(7.5) is a Class C misdemeanor.
    (3) A violation of paragraph (a)(2), (a)(2.5),

(a)(7), (b)(2), or (b)(7) or subsection (d) is a Class A misdemeanor. A second or subsequent violation of subsection (d) is a Class 3 felony.
    (4) A violation of paragraph (a)(4), (a)(5), (a)(6),

(b)(1), (b)(2.3), (b)(2.7), (b)(3), (b)(8), or (b)(11) is a Class 4 felony.

(5) A violation of paragraph (b)(4), (b)(9), or

(b)(12) is a Class 3 felony.
    (6) A violation of paragraph (b)(5) or (b)(10) is a

Class 2 felony.
    (7) A violation of paragraph (b)(6) is a Class 1

felony.
    (g) A violation of subsection (a)(1) through (a)(7) or subsection (e) of this Section may be accomplished in person or by any means of communication, including but not limited to the use of an Internet website or any form of electronic communication.
    (Source: P.A. 98-1125, eff. 1-1-15; 99-143, eff. 7-27-15.)

Gold
    Load Metric
    GUYS GUYS GUYS I PULLED A MUMBLEFUCK!!! GOOOOOOGLEEEEEEEEE

Thread Information