Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Stranger Things on Netflix

Load Metric
    A bit dissappointed being honest

The Kali thing had so much potential

Season 2 was like season 1 all over again but without the novelty & a worrying lack of attention to detail

And wtf was that ending about...don't tell me it's all going to be regurgitated again in pt.3
    BALLIN'!!

Load Metric
    bob newby is GOD /thread

Load Metric
    just finished season 2 and really can't say a bad word about it

stranger things as a franchise has proved itself to be among the best shows ever made (breaking bad, the wire, sopranos, GoT, etc.)

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    just finished season 2 and really can't say a bad word about it

stranger things as a franchise has proved itself to be among the best shows ever made (breaking bad, the wire, sopranos, GoT, Lyoto, etc.)
    Sonagoat is this true?

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I will say bad things about Season 2. Will Byers and his little doofy haircut and faggy face.

Comments

jsearles22: Yes sir I just wanna is next

Load Metric
    Y'all is my avatar light-skinned or like from Bangladesh? I've just been pretending she is light skinned. What would you say she is without looking it up. Only people lewfather or better answer please.

Load Metric
    I give season 2 a B+.

The first season was a lot tighter and a lot more focused.

This season needed about a dozen fewer ex machinas for me to take iit as seriously as the first.

I'm going to not pick this apart because its late and all said I had fun, but really, ehn...

I wanted X-Files, I got Goonies.

Like... the people who found the first season to be too pat and too cutesy and were like "Is this being a kids show ironically or is it literally a kids show" are going to fucking hate this season.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    I give season 2 a B+.

The first season was a lot tighter and a lot more focused.

This season needed about a dozen fewer ex machinas for me to take iit as seriously as the first.

I'm going to not pick this apart because its late and all said I had fun, but really, ehn...

I wanted X-Files, I got Goonies.

Like... the people who found the first season to be too pat and too cutesy and were like "Is this being a kids show ironically or is it literally a kids show" are going to fucking hate this season.
    Yeah sorry braheem but the main cast basically are the goonies, not a shocker you caught that vibe albeit in to season two. My beef with this season is it just comes off slower paced. We’ve introduced new characters and have to set up these new plot lines, while also touching back on the first season and trying to push a new narrative.

We basically have a lot of shit going on without the story moving along. To be fair I am checking in around half way through episode 5. That’s a lot of set up and I hope they bring a nice punch in the final stretch.

Load Metric
    I've put up with a lot of shit in this 20 minutes of reading the forum but lewfeather revealing the fact that the cast of Stranger Things is nerdy/adventurous children is my breaking point.

Load Metric
    Interesting tidbits...

- there are two more seasons signed, not one.
    - its actually all getting a bit dicey because the actors are getting offered major roles in films, so everyone is already a little edgy about how to sort that out.
    - season 3 is going to have a fairly major time jump because puberty and they have a 15 month turnaround average so far.
    - the obvious assumption is that 8 will be one season, mind flayer the other.
    - on a more micro level, both fatboy and the cop are almost certainly infected with spores (but cop was allowed to just wander out into the world because even tho they totally failed to spot will's infection, its totally worth rolling the dice on the cop because hes "cool" or something). plus all they did with will is get rid of the mind flayer, he had a full plate of issues before that.

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: bringing the people what they want

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Interesting tidbits...

- its actually all getting a bit dicey because the actors are getting offered major roles in films, so everyone is already a little edgy about how to sort that out.
    - season 3 is going to have a fairly major time jump because puberty and they have a 15 month turnaround average so far.
    - on a more micro level, both fatboy and the cop are almost certainly infected with spores (but cop was allowed to just wander out into the world because even tho they totally failed to spot will's infection, its totally worth rolling the dice on the cop because hes "cool" or something). plus all they did with will is get rid of the mind flayer, he had a full plate of issues before that.

Is Kali Eight??????????????????????????

Is Kali's third name Roman????????????????????

I will look this up but ONE TIME

Load Metric
    3 shows into season 2 & its interesting so far but damn, 2 of the kids look so much alike its frustrating.

Yeah, its a continuation.

No way Winona Ryder would bang Sean Austin.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    3 shows into season 2 & its interesting so far but damn, 2 of the kids look so much alike its frustrating.

Maybe Rudy wouldn't fuck a bitch that steals clothes. Did you think of that?

also Kali=Roman=Eight but now I'm seeing you said it's just a rumor it's about her. It better be about her... as a third lead character behind Elle and Mike.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Interesting tidbits...

Is Kali Eight??????????????????????????

Is Kali's third name Roman????????????????????

I will look this up but ONE TIME

Yes, Kali (aka World Destroyer if you know your Indian lore) is 8.

Load Metric
    Yes I noticed that connection when I saw her blue-purple hair and name Kali but I've never heard of Goddess Kali actually called "World Destroyer" but yes that is one of the things she is known for. I'm pretty sure I've made threads about Kali on here before. She's the most crazy/awesome among all the hundreds of other Indian Gods and Goddesses. Check out the Kali Ma chants on youtube some time.

if I know my Indian Lore

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 187
Size:  3.64 MB
    Last edited by Brittney Griner's Clit; 10-29-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post

TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    There was zero scenes in the entire show where it would even make sense for one to be the other. I hope he's talking about the very most initial of the most initial exact moment his face pops on the screen and he's talking about a time period that doesn't even exist for me because his brain works so much faster??? I did fast-forward me some painful (not in the good way like Eleven) Will scenes because those didn't interest me but there was never a time I thought one was the other the entire ride and I watched on a small screen with shitty eyes.

Edit: Correction, I do remember one scene where it flashed to Will's face at a point where it made sense to flash to Mike, and I was confused for a split second. But that was once and it lasted less than half a second before I realized I needed to get fast-forwarding.

Load Metric
    Interesting tidbits...

The main cast of kids got $30K per episode for season 1.
    Not sure what they got for season 2 but Netflix is cheap.

Netflix lie about what they spend on their content.
    They claim they will spend $6 Billion for TV/movies in 2017. Last 3 months (they spent about $465 million).
    They now claim that Netflix will spend $8 Billion on content in 2018. Bullshit. Scrolling their shows I see a whole bunch of shit content like Ashton Kutcher's terrible series that I'm sure they paid almost nothing for.
    Most of the movies on Netflix are over 10 years old that the movie studios over charged them for.
    However, for some stupid reason they are investing a lot of money on some horrible new movies like $90 million for a movie starring Will Smith.

It takes about 3 months to shoot a 12 episode TV series.
    So it probably takes less time to film Stranger Things.
    Ratings really don't matter. Netflix uses Stranger Things to promote their service.

Besides the actress who plays eleven.
    I don't think most of these kids are going on to make big bucks doing movies.

Comments

herbertstemple: Ashton Kutcher sucks rep.

Load Metric
    here ya go, pickles

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: not clicking unless it's confirmed "humpin around"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Interesting tidbits...

The main cast of kids got $30K per episode for season 1.
    Not sure what they got for season 2 but Netflix is cheap.

Netflix lie about what they spend on their content.
    They claim they will spend $6 Billion for TV/movies in 2017. Last 3 months (they spent about $465 million).
    They now claim that Netflix will spend $8 Billion on content in 2018. Bullshit. Scrolling their shows I see a whole bunch of shit content like Ashton Kutcher's terrible series that I'm sure they paid almost nothing for.
    Most of the movies on Netflix are over 10 years old that the movie studios over charged them for.
    However, for some stupid reason they are investing a lot of money on some horrible new movies like $90 million for a movie starring Will Smith.

It takes about 3 months to shoot a 12 episode TV series.
    So it probably takes less time to film Stranger Things.
    Ratings really don't matter. Netflix uses Stranger Things to promote their service.

Besides the actress who plays eleven.
    I don't think most of these kids are going on to make big bucks doing movies.

lots of good shit here.

remember that those kids also get points on residuals and merch and shit, by the by, but a quarter mil headshot for the first run of a netflix series to actors with literally no professional experience is pretty nice.

honestly netflix are totally the guys behind the SV curtain and im not surprised to find out they are playing fast and loose with the numbers. but make no mistake, the netflix production paradigm is the future.

Thread Information