Thread: MTT Guarantee first place not respected by Pokerstars

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

MTT Guarantee first place not respected by Pokerstars

Via 2p2:

I won the tournament and e-mailed pokerstars about the situation asking how we can solve this as they don't respect what they guarantee.

I got this answer:

"Thanks for pointing out this text mistake.

The prize pool has been distribute correctly between the winners. It was simply a mistake in the sub-title of this tourney. Only the dynamic paytable prevail. We will change the text for next week.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation."

-I then responded with another mail saying :

No that is not right and not an acceptable answer, « text mistake » … you guarantee a first place prize and don’t pay !!

I hope we can find a solution for this and settle without having to go into forums and gaming commission. It is not my fault if you make mistake, I played the tournament hoping to win at least 7500€ and felt cheated and was very disappointed with result.

Here is their reponse,

"Thank you for your follow-up.

We understand that you are frustrated not to receive the €7500. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate your request as we need to follow the payout structure. We are sorry if you feel cheated but please understand that sometimes such mistakes can happen.

Thank you for your understanding."
    Goes to show that online poker sites can pretty much do whatever they want
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Duh but really surprised by this decision, that new management obv running the company a lil different than the old school guys

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    Duh but really surprised by this decision, that new management obv running the company a lil different than the old school guys
    The old school guys did shit like this too, but nobody wanted to talk about it because overall they were much more player-friendly than all other poker sites (and compared to the new ownership, as well).

For some reason, Pokerstars has always been especially been stingy with making things right at live event fuckups. Several such situations have been posted here, and Stars basically gave the players a big middle finger in all of them.

But back on topic, yeah, this was pretty bad.

LOL @ claiming that a posted guarantee was a misprint.

It's shit like this that makes me sometimes root against them getting a license in California.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Good post from "Chuck Bass" on 2+2:

Lol Stars. That's outrageous. They raked 3170 for this tournament alone, so even paying OP in full would leave them easily in the black for this tournament, which is only one of 43924824 tournaments they run each day. Pretty greedy of them to not even try to settle / compensate.

Pretty funny how Stars is nowadays the only site where this can happen. It used to be the other way around. Every other site honours their guarantees to my knowledge, I made a lot from overlays all across the board during the Euro2016/WSOP. They clearly don't understand what the word "guaranteed" means.

This reminds of Partouche some years ago when they were advertising their 5M (iirc) guaranteed Main Event for months in advance, and then only got 3,xM worth of buyins and tried to cancel. They claimed that it was only guaranteed if enough people played. Like, "we guarantee to have a 5M prizepool if we get 5M worth of buyins into the prizepool". I guess they can technically get away with it, but it's pretty damn dodgy.
    Pretty LOL how they won't pay the 2117 euro difference for their own guarantee, despite raking 3170 euro for the tournament.

Talk about nickel and diming (and breaking the law) at the expense of your own site's reputation and integrity.

Geez.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thank You for pointing out a mistake WE made but guess what????

WE LIED!!!!!!!!!

YOU GET NOTHING MORE!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

-Jokerstars

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rounders12345 View Post
    Thank you guys for the help and feedback, pokerstars has now paid full amount and made gesture too once the support forwarded to the appropriate team. Tod is god.

Thread Information