Thread: Druff comes thru with the 7 stars......

Load Metric

Druff comes thru with the 7 stars......

Todd is a better story teller than me. He can tell the story of the dinner we had at Toby Keith's at Harrah's durning the WSOP and the usual Caesar's fail that happened.

2 people had: each had steak with mac and cheese, one with fries the other with potato salad. Caesar salad, chicken fajitas, salmon, 2 beers, and desert was fudge brownie with ice cream. I was soo full I did not eat for 36 after that!

Name:  dinner1.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  107.2 KB
    Last edited by Matt The Rat; 07-19-2016 at 10:47 PM.

Load Metric
    Name:  048yaEs.jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  14.3 KB

Silver
    Load Metric
    Food looks like something you would get at Chile's.

Not a compliment.

Comments

BeerAndPoker: THIS

Load Metric
    In before bad lighting (Sorry Druff had to)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is what happened:

Matt had a $150 food comp with his room which was expiring very soon, so he had to use it somewhere.

He invited me to come with him for a meal, and of course being a cheap Jew, I couldn't say no to a free meal.

We had planned to go to Cafe Martarano at Paris, which is a decent Italian place.

However, googling Cafe Martarano's hours listed them as something like open til 11pm, so we figured we would go around 9:30.

I called there to make a reservation and was given the bad news that they had just done their last seating, and google was incorrect about their hours.

Oh well, no big deal, and our fault for relying too much on Google without clicking through.

Unfortunately Matt's comp was very restrictive and only had like 4 restaurants where it could be used. The only one still open was Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill, which had mediocre reviews. But that was our only choice.

Google had it listed as being open until like 2am, but obviously we weren't falling for that again. So I told Matt to call the restaurant itself and get the actual hours.

Matt called the restaurant, but it didn't answer, and it forwarded to the Caesars restaurant reservation central number. He asked for the hours, and the person on the phone told him that it was open until 2am with seating until 1:30am, or something like that. Matt asked if they were 100% sure of this, and they said yes. So we had loads of time.

Knowing we were hours away from closing time, we took our time getting down there, and walked into the restaurant at 10:47pm.

The hostess was a bitchy-looking Filipina girl, and she coldly told us, "Sorry, we're closed. No more seating."

We were perplexed by this, since the Caesars reservation number told us that they were open for another few hours.

"No, only the bar is open until 2," she explained. "And the kitchen will be closing, so there won't be any food served anywhere in the restaurant. You'll have to come back another time."

I asked her what time seating closed.

She hesitated, clearly not wanting to answer.

"What time was the last seating?", I asked again.

"10:45", she said.

"That's two minutes ago! Surely after the incorrect information we were given, you can sit us two minutes after your last seating time."

"Sorry," she coldly told us, as if that's supposed to end the conversation.

I told her I was a Seven Stars member, and showed my card. I wasn't doing this to be arrogant. All Caesars employees are trained to give special treatment to Seven Stars members, and to make small exceptions to policies. This is exactly the type of spot where such an exception should occur, though honestly they should have made the exception for anyone, given that it was only two minutes and we were clearly given wrong information by the restaurant hotline.

She looked at the card and again coldly replied, "Sorry."

I demanded the manager. She looked really annoyed and picked up the phone, calling the manager. She hung up and didn't give us any answer.

"So... what did the manager say?", I asked.

"She's coming up. Just wait here."

We waited 10 minutes, and it was now 10:57. No manager. I realized what was probably going on. The kitchen closes at 11pm. If the manager took long enough to get up there, we were probably going to be told that the kitchen was now closed, and there was nothing she could do. Whether this was intentional or not, I wasn't going to let the closed kitchen be the excuse to turn us away.

I explained the above concern to the hostess. Then I laid down an ultimatum:

"You need to get this solved right now. Otherwise the kitchen is going to close in 3 minutes, and we're not going to get served. So you need to either make the decision yourself to seat us, or get someone else currently at the restaurant above you to allow it. Otherwise, if we end up walking out of here without eating, I'm moving all of my action to MGM, and I am informing corporate it's because of you and your refusal to make an exception regarding 2 minutes after we were provided wrong info."

The hostess looked nervous and went back to the kitchen, then came back out and told us they agreed to stay open. We were seated, and the rest of the meal went without further incident.

Maybe someone there ended up spitting in our food, but we were in Vegas and were in a gambling mood, so we ate there anyway.

The manager ended up showing up at about 11:30! Not sure if she was told that it was no longer a rush and that we were seated, or if she really took that long to get up there. She profusely apologized for everything, and admitted that we should have been seated at 10:47, even if we weren't Seven Stars members, given the error from the hotline (and the fact that it was just a 2 minute difference). She said that the hostess in front had the power to make this decision and for some reason made the wrong choice to turn us away. It was never made clear to me why she (the manager) didn't just authorize it over the phone, instead of making us stand there until she arrived. I didn't bother asking that, as the point was moot.

The manager offered to comp our meal. We told her that it was a comp anyway. Oddly, instead of offering something equivalent, she offered for us to come back the next day and get free dessert (lol). When we declined that, she said we could have a free buffet. Really strange that she offered to comp our big meal where we intentionally spent $150 (and there was clearly a ton of food in front of us), yet got really stingy with her replacement offer once we said the meal was already comped. We didn't ask for anything in the first place (the comp was her idea), so we didn't really care, but it was just weird. Matt ended up accepting the buffet. I was leaving town and couldn't use it, so I believe Matt went himself.

As a final failnote to the evening, the waiter (who was nice) came to us at the end of the meal and said that he couldn't redeem Matt's comp, and wanted to know how we would pay instead. It was like he expected us to just pay there and use the comp somewhere else, which was LOL.

This happened to me once before involving a Rio stay, when I had a $500 comp, took my family to a nice steakhouse (at another Caesars property), and they handed me the same nonsense, even though I had a valid paper comp in my hand (which they admitted was valid). They had problems running it, so they wanted me to just pay and work it out later. L-O-fucking-L.

But anyway, back to this one. I told the waiter that the comp was the only way we could pay, and that they would have to find a way to work it out. He said that the Rio didn't show the comp on Matt's room, even though Matt verified before the meal that it was there. He went and tried again, and came back with the good news that this time it was successful.

Turned out the reason for this failure was that Matt had de-authorized charging to his room. So the idiot the waiter first called at the Rio simply saw, "No charges authorized" and didn't bother to look if there was also a comp on top of that. The second person, upon being told that we were insisting we had a comp, found it in the system, and authorized it.

Someone commented that the food looked like Chili's. That's about the quality it was. Definitely not fine dining. For that reason, nothing was expensive, and we simply over-ordered food until we got to $150. This left Matt really full to where he couldn't eat for another 36 hours. I also left very full, but being used to shoving down plates and plates of free food at Commerce and the Bike, I recovered by the next day and was hungry again.

Comments

Henry: Nice

Matt The Rat: Not backing down rep

Tellafriend: Spit in your food rep

Load Metric
    Lol at you garbage people ordering coronas at dinner

Comments

big dick: WOAT

Sanlmar: GOAT

varys: How do you not call out the bottle of A1?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Lol at you garbage people ordering coronas at dinner
    Not everyone has the ability to make a reservation at Michelin 1 Star restaurant like you, garebear.

Load Metric
    Don't sass me young tbone

Comments

big dick: WOAT

Load Metric
    get him todger

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: lol

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Druff probably costs Caesars 100k a year. There should be a nice bonus for whichever employee runs Druff off to the competition.

I dream of the day where the employee tells Druff to eat a dick.
    Then the manager tells Druff to eat a dick.
    Then the owner tells Druff to eat a dick.
    Then he posts the most favorable version of events in the forum and the overwhelming response is eat a dick....
    Come on, one time baby.

Almost happened with the valet deal then in the bottom of the ninth Druff reveals he will cancel the payment as last resort, so close..]
    Name:  2a41be7759d5c34ecd4974cdecb32d07.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  29.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Druff probably costs Caesars 100k a year. There should be a nice bonus for whichever employee runs Druff off to the competition.

Then he posts the most favorable version of events in the forum and the overwhelming response is eat a dick....
    Come on, one time baby.

Almost happened with the valet deal then in the bottom of the ninth Druff reveals he will cancel the payment as last resort, so close..]
    I wish I could cost Caesars $100k per year. That would be advantage play done amazingly well.

Why do you dream of the day when a business owner tells me to eat a dick? Customers like me who speak up when not treated right by employees are making it better for all other customers.

I don't try to find petty shit to complain about so I can get free things. I only say something when it's at a high enough level of fail where something needs to be said. For example, that recent cell phone store story, I actually was polite and forgiving after being given two incorrect iPads and being told that mine was accidentally shipped to another store. I only spoke up when the subsequent bullshit occurred.

Load Metric
    Lol todge are you suprised at how horrible your posters are also what's ur goto Jewish deli in Vegas I basically only had weiss's in Henderson and it was upper echelon but not like incredible

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    For a 24/7 drinking town, late night dining options in Las Vegas, esp on the Strip, are really piss poor
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Matt you need to work on your storytelling abilities. That's quite the story.

How did you feel when dealing with the Caesar's fails? Are you used to it by now or were you angry?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Matt you need to work on your storytelling abilities. That's quite the story.

How did you feel when dealing with the Caesar's fails? Are you used to it by now or were you angry?
    Todd was very stern and with a raised voice was telling the host this was unacceptable for at least 2 to 3 mins straight. He was not rude or yelling, more or an admonishing loud tone. The thing is Todd never backed down and ultimately with his 7 card status is what made the difference. When the host came back from the kitchen I don't remember her saying anything, she just grabbed 2 menus and motioned for us to follow her looking pissed off. I had to use the comp all at one time so we had to eat alot, our bill actually came to $147 so we nailed it.

The manager ended up offering me a free seafood buffet at the Rio and told me that she used to work there. She said she would email them and I just had to go there and it would be in the computer. She wrote her name and number down on a piece of paper and handed it to me and told me if there was any problems to call her. I was leaving the in 2 days and was staying at the Rio so the next night I went to the buffet. I gave them my total rewards card and then she said that will be $39.

Name:  nickyoungfail.gif
Views: 485
Size:  1.21 MB

WTF? I explained the situation and they called the manager over. "Sorry Matt you are not in the system for any comps." I just handed her the paper and said call her and work it out and went inside and started eating. When they put the bill on my table is showed a balance of $0.

I am not a baller so I don't get a lot of comps except I guess I play enough pit games to get free rooms and the odd food comp. I personally have not had too many Caesar's fails so I'm not used to the fail except the stories I hear and what happened in this story. I wasn't mad, just frustrated at the fail on so many levels.

Moral of the story, in situations like this: Stand up for yourself and don't back down, think to yourself WWTD (What would Todd Do)

Load Metric
    Looooooool

Load Metric
    I would like a WWTD shirt the next time I'm in Vegas while eating with Todd and witnessing a Caesar's fail.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Lightbulb

Some people can't appreciate the maddening level of Caesars fail until they experience it themselves.

It's pretty much unavoidable.

Once in awhile you run well and don't experience any issues, but that's the exception rather than the rule.

Being so familiar with them, I actually know how to preemptively stop a lot of potential issues, but even that only goes so far.

The biggest problem there is poor communication and interfacing between departments. Like, it's the worst I've ever seen with any large company.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post

Come on, one time baby.

I wish I could cost Caesars $100k per year. That would be advantage play done amazingly well.

Why do you dream of the day when a business owner tells me to eat a dick? Customers like me who speak up when not treated right by employees are making it better for all other customers.

I don't try to find petty shit to complain about so I can get free things. I only say something when it's at a high enough level of fail where something needs to be said. For example, that recent cell phone store story, I actually was polite and forgiving after being given two incorrect iPads and being told that mine was accidentally shipped to another store. I only spoke up when the subsequent bullshit occurred.
    You're in the the right at all that but there's something satisfying about seeing an undefeated expert lose at their own game, nothing personal.

Even tho I'm a fan there was something satisfying about watching Conor take his first loss.

Thread Information