Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How did you find your way to PFA?

Load Metric

How did you find your way to PFA?

Many of us are not old-timers and had to find our way here. How did you find this place? Any early knee-jerk reactions that don't even register anymore?

Me first: Oddly, my gf at the time told me she thought I would like this site. She found it through Alan's Best Buys and Druff spreading the word. For a while I stuck with the dumb/random things thread which is where I sprouted my wings.

I lurked for probably a year or longer before joining. Not sure I wanted to get in the middle of the battles. Now I'm not phased. Learning curve I guess.

Comments

big dick: the battles are the best thing about thsi site. I can tell you to go fuck yourself and have no worries about it being censored.

Load Metric
    I stumbled on NWP circa 2007 when Brandi H appeared on 2+2. There was a thread she was involved with about her being involved in a tournament where she finished in the top 10 of some regional tournament. Because she was hot the thread blew up big time. Anyway, she referenced NWP and someone posted a picture of her saying "I love Micon". The thread was over 300 pages if I remember.

Anyway, I clicked on the NWP link in the thread and the rest was history. I was in the midst at the time of a poker bender. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if I were not home sick from work for a week with the flu and turned on poker on ESPN in 2003 to pass time. I had no idea at the time about poker or gambling for that matter. I wonder if I would be swimming in money or miserable in a marriage with 4 kids if I had not been sick that week, because I began playing that weekend online. I dunno, been a great ride, although one not worth repeating. 2003-2010 was basically a complete and total blur. I probably ought to write a motivational book chronicling my experiences.

Comments

thesidedish: writing a book about "a complete and total blur" moron?

Load Metric
    I was concerned that jews did 9/11 so I googled it and bada bing bada boom here I am.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Moneymaker poker boom ripple effect, ESPN coverage of it, started playing online poker........and there we were.

Load Metric
    I also found this site thru google after typing in massive toddger

Load Metric
    I got bad beat by Shipdachips on pokerstars and signed up to NWP to troll him.

Comments

Suicide King: Hof

Cupid Stunt: NH

Load Metric
    corrigan told me about it

Load Metric
    In 2002/2003 I started posting on the Pokah Forums that were apart of PokerRoom.com

I started reading NWP very early on, took me a little while to register an account because I was already active in other Forum communities and honestly NWP was like the Wild Wild West of Poker.

I think I tilt registered one day because Druff and Micon couldn't be concerned with basic facts that were easily accessible on the PokerStars website.

Also there was another excellent radio duo that predated Druff and Micon. Sole and Micon radio at times was fantastic.

Load Metric
    I was playing online poker the summer between my senior yr of HS and freshman yr of college and was reading 2+2 when someone had posted a link to NWP (can't remember what it was, I think jennicide semi nudes? This was right before jewdonk joined NWP by making his epic thread saying how much he loved micon and the site). Lurked / made dupes (or maybe this is the dupe account) until around 09 when I stuck with this SN.

A few months before Todd left you could see micon acting more like a bitch towards him and on radio acting like a child who has ADHD but instead of adderal was taking sugar. When Todd left, I wasn't far behind...
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post
    I stumbled on NWP circa 2007 when Brandi H appeared on 2+2. There was a thread she was involved with about her being involved in a tournament where she finished in the top 10 of some regional tournament. Because she was hot the thread blew up big time. Anyway, she referenced NWP and someone posted a picture of her saying "I love Micon". The thread was over 300 pages if I remember.

Anyway, I clicked on the NWP link in the thread and the rest was history. I was in the midst at the time of a poker bender. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if I were not home sick from work for a week with the flu and turned on poker on ESPN in 2003 to pass time. I had no idea at the time about poker or gambling for that matter. I wonder if I would be swimming in money or miserable in a marriage with 4 kids if I had not been sick that week, because I began playing that weekend online. I dunno, been a great ride, although one not worth repeating. 2003-2010 was basically a complete and total blur. I probably ought to write a motivational book chronicling my experiences.
    Funny enough this exact same thread lead me to NWP in 2007, then to DD, then to here as Druff was the best part of DD.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    thought I could find Bucklox there to post more videos, think I offered him $50 or 75

fun fact: Michael joined the same day, a guy I found I could pay to make 1000s of annoying posts

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    pocket5s had turned into a circle jerk, so i wanted a new circle jerk. insert jennicide tits here, viola there i was. i was an NWPSOP champion within a few months (RIP Shronk, ty for the stake).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Back in the early days a few months after the site started I think it was 2003 I signed up after seeing neverwin pokerstars avatar when he was crushing the biggest game on the site at the time.

This game was $100/$200 limit that required you to get a phone call from someone at Pokerstars (Lee Jones made a lot of these calls) in order to get access to play in the game.

Pokerstars kept the biggest stakes limit holdem game at 100/200 for quite a while and it was 5/10 for no limit before opening higher stakes games.

Load Metric
    I was lurking 4 and stumbled into some thread saying what assholes nwp and anyone associated with neverwin. I came and realized it was right up my ally. I think it was 05-06ish

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Donkdown.

Load Metric
    Also rip to Sonatine avatar of the black kid head butting the shit out of his little brother

Comments

sonatine: WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    Also rip to Sonatine avatar of the black kid head butting the shit out of his little brother
    Wasn't there a large black lady dressed like the Kool Aid man, or was that just how I saw it?

Load Metric
    I played some med stakes hu lowball games with sn JEWFRO.

After searching his name somehow Jewdonk and nwp came up.

At that time, Jewdonk was fairly new to nwp. I figured out in short order he wasn't JEWFRO.

Does anyone know who JEWFRO was? He frequented med to high stakes hu lowball games (also NLHE).

Comments

thesidedish: JEWDONK IS GOD

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Todd and Micon broke up, he opened this site/thread

Load Metric
    poker fuse led me to the pod cast. pod cast led me here.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Thread Information