Thread: A belated TR from Aria in March -

Load Metric

A belated TR from Aria in March -

ok, I will quickly give a summary of my trip - the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Came for a poker event which changed to a slot event once I realized how bad the poker set up was. Was coming in for aria 1 million poker event. Then I looked at structure and realized it was the worst I've ever seen. Tilted towards rebuys and auto qualifiers which I used to be. Anyway I had host switch me to a 130k slot event at Aria 50 people.

Host was waiting on me when I arrived. We proceeded to Carbone and ate and drank with another host we know from MGM. Gambled after dinner and lost roughly $50k before hitting 3 numbers in a row on roulette and walking with $40k. Went to slots and stayed about the same. Went to bed.

Woke the next day. Still dealing with bronchitis I had been suffering from for a week. Add a hangover and only a few bad hours of sleep and it didn't help. Stayed in room most of day. Started a new medicine so I didn't drink that night which is very unusual for me. Not much to report re gambling.

Late that I night I wake to hear dripping water. I think its from my shower. I go into bathroom and my feet come out from under me and I fall with all my weight onto my left side/chest which strikes the marble surrounding the tub. Turns out the cocksuckers above me ran a bath and passed out and it flooded their floor which went into my ceiling and the drip I heard was water from my ceiling hitting my floor. Call security. They call paramedics. I decline transport. Watch sun come up in pain from living room while I call wife w/ bad news. Fall back asleep and wake up in real pain. Call hotel manager to find out what happened. The one on staff lied and I called her out on it. She then came to my room to apologize for the "miscommunication." More reports filled out. They call house dr - dr on call - each hotel has one - he is naturally worried about the 1% chance that I have a pnuerothorax and will fly. Wants me to go to get xray at doc in the box. Get limo to doc in box. they say wait is 30-45. I wait 30-45 and then told it will be 1.5-2 more hours. I leave. limo waited in parking lot. I laughed when as I exited he said he could wait 15 minutes unless he heard from supervisor. I told him to call jim murren and said he better be there when I came out. he was. he got $50. anyway, back to hotel to eat 550 ***** which is great.

Went to tournament. my host had failed to fully register me the afternoon before so I had to redraw. had this not happened, I wouldn't have won. but alas, it was my time. first round in finished about average. second round I dominated. ended up wining the $75k fp by only 120 points. 2nd place was $25k. 2nd only won over third by 100 points for $15k. Very close.

By this time the pain pills were kicking in and I played like a fiend. had a big decision; do I play $500 or $1000 slots and go big or be conservative and try to cash more?! I chose the latter. Not sure I would do it again. Ran real bad until I hit a $23k cleo thank God! Was up around $65k at one point but stopped at $40k for the night.

Won six figures for the trip. Theo $45k for trip. Comps $16.5k. Biggest bacc bet $16k. Roulette avg $8k. $400k coin in slots.

Was in a lot of pain most days. The bronchitis and coughing made it all exponentially worse. I was supposed to go home Monday but changed my flight several times that week for just not wanting to go through flying and heading home to stay in pain. Ended up staying 8 nights.

Did a lot of spa. Had my first pedicure. Great food at Carbone, JG, and Serrano. Wings at Herringbone rocked too.

I saw an ortho I know when I got home and after xrays he confirmed I don't have a broken rib, I have two broken ribs. ARRRGHHH!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Comments

Dan Druff: "Gambled after dinner and lost roughly $50k before hitting 3 numbers in a row on roulette and walking with $40k" ..... :ballin

cmoney: Love it.

varys: OSA should be PMing you shortly

Henry:

FlyPaper: Broken ribs hurt like a bitch. Every breathe agony if not on pain meds.

hongkonger: Great TR but get Aria to pay all your medical bills

unchainedghost: Solid

Shizzmoney: jesus this story has everything

Hockey Guy: Great trip report rep.

Sanlmar: Good stuff

ToasterOven: baller

nunbeater: damn son

Load Metric
    health over wealth, all day.

Load Metric
    Druff: How did you green rep this, but not type up a 3000 word essay on how he should get free comps/lawsuit/etc?

Load Metric
    I have heard from Aria's risk management. They have offered to pay my deductibles, but that will likely be it.

Broken ribs really, really hurt. This in turn caused my back to hurt, and that persisted longer than the ribs.

I will give them a chance to make this right. If not, I will file suit against them and the folks above me. I have to think Aria made them pay for the damage, but who knows. I wonder if they realize what they put me through. Certainly no apologies while I was there. Anyway, at some point they will likely receive a summons. Its really an open and shut case against of negligence against my upstairs neighbors. And fortunately they were staying in a skysuite penthouse - so they should have sufficient assets to satisfy any judgment.

Comments

OSA: sufficient assests rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    First off, broken ribs are awwwwwwwwful. I also suffered from broken ribs in Vegas, when I fainted in the Caesars room in January 2014. It was the only time I fainted in my life (it was due to dehydration from a terrible stomach virus), but I slammed against the hard Caesars room ground hard, and broke 3 ribs. The first two weeks were brutal, as it hurt to breathe, and it was incredibly difficult to sleep. It took 11 weeks total to heal. I did not attempt to make any kind of claim against anyone, even though I believed this was the result of some sort of food poisoning at the Rincon the day before (but there's no way to prove that).

It also cost me $6000 in an ER bill, even though I avoided the ER while sick. I went a week later when I started having symptoms very similar to a ruptured spleen, which can be deadly, so obv I had to go to the ER and not be a cheap Jew anymore. The good news was that my spleen was okay. The bad news was that I wasted $6k to find that out. The bill was actually $6600, but I was able to talk $600 off of it because they ran some unnecessary tests on me just to pad the bill, and I caught it (and verified it with my doctor brother). They had also tried to run some lol EKG tests on me because it involved my chest area, but I refused, stating that I knew for sure that this was due to an injury, and not due to heart problems.

Did you get the name of the guests above you? Aria may refuse to provide that info.

You may indeed have some sort of legit claim against the Aria, as they should have some sort of contingency (such as a drain on the floor) for a guest leaving the bathtub overflowing. They clearly didn't. But this might be a tough argument, as that's not necessarily a standard feature in hotel bathrooms.

Anyway, keep us posted on how this progresses. Interesting story.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    You may indeed have some sort of legit claim against the Aria, as they should have some sort of contingency (such as a drain on the floor) for a guest leaving the bathtub overflowing. They clearly didn't. But this might be a tough argument, as that's not necessarily a standard feature in hotel bathrooms.

Anyway, keep us posted on how this progresses. Interesting story.

Will do, for sure. I do have a decent claim against aria for negligence in their own right. There is a reason all of the sinks in all of the hotels out there have overflow drains -- b/c idiots often don't pay attention and let them overflow. So they protect themselves. There is little reason they should not do the same things with their tubs. Especially when they know that a majority of their patrons are intoxicated at some or most points in their trips. Likely I would sue them and the tortfeasor neighbors above me and let a jury decide the percentages.

No, Aria hasn't given me their names, but they know who they are so when they get sued along with John Doe, they will have to identify them in discovery and I will then be able to add them as a party defendant - will be quite the surprise I suspect.

Either way I got two deep pockets. I genuinely don't want something i'm not entitled to, but this shit wasn't my fault, yet I paid the price, a painful one at that -- and I deserve to be made whole.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Damages for "pain and suffering" rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I did not attempt to make any kind of claim against anyone, even though I believed this was the result of some sort of food poisoning at the Rincon the day before (but there's no way to prove that).

Food poisoning cases are really tough to prove, unfortunately.

Load Metric
    You do get around. Islands I have never heard of. You were the Atlantis guy recently too if I recall.

Interesting impression you make.

Keep it up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    You do get around. Islands I have never heard of. You were the Atlantis guy recently too if I recall.

Interesting impression you make.

Keep it up.

Will do. I work hard, do well, and live well. Gambling and crystal clear blue water are my only hobbies.

Thread Information