Thread: Long time Pokernews editor Donnie Peters leaves PokerNews

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Long time Pokernews editor Donnie Peters leaves PokerNews

But as they say, all good things come to an end. Today I am announcing that I will be closing the PokerNews chapter of my life and starting a new one. A couple of weeks ago I accepted a position with the World Poker Tour, and this will be my final WSOP with PokerNews. It wasn't an easy decision in any regard, as I am leaving behind family, but I look forward to the challenges that lie ahead.

I am extremely grateful for the experience I've had with PokerNews. I've had the chance to learn from and work alongside some outstanding professionals. I look forward to seeing the continued growth of the company under Jon Squires, Matthew Parvis, and the rest of the team. Going forward, it will be Matthew stepping back in to the editor-in-chief role upon my departure, a role which he first took on in 2009. I have the utmost respect and appreciation for the entire team in place at PokerNews and leave confident the company will continue to thrive as poker's leading media outlet.
    http://www.pokernews.com/news/2016/0...ters-25312.htm
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Pokernews is pretty much going to be a fail with both Chad Holloway and Donnie Peters absent.

Comments

Shizzmoney: this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Donnie Peters does an original TV show called Primetime Poker Report with Sarah "Grant" Herring that airs a new 30 minute episode discussion what is is new in poker on the fail Poker Central channel. It's one of the only programs I try to catch from time to time since it's new content.

The point I'm getting to here is that the show is sponsored by Pokernews so I would have to assume that him taking a job with the WPT that he will be gone from this program. I wonder if they will continue on with the show perhaps with Matthew Parvis or just eliminate it?

If you are able to get a new opportunity in life that can make you more money you are always considering it. In some job fields you can wait it out for something better if it's not as good as you were hoping for, however, in poker media you should snap take it right away because their might not be another chance for you to find a better job if you pass one up so good luck to Donnie with WPT.

Thread Information