Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about what happened...

Load Metric

Let's talk about what happened...

From the old days when I used to laugh till my sides hurt posting on NWP, through the latter DonkDown / splintered forums age, Dan Druff has not always been a good friend to me. However, I don't think anyone here can argue that he was not an integral part of the forum life we all knew and enjoyed. He was the yin to Micon's yang - the balance and the brains. Whatever transpired between us personally, from the time my personal photos were hacked and posted on NWP and the management decision was to let them stay, to the poorly handled firing of FckVwls from NWP (and my even less professional reaction).... to the efforts of Druff to denounce me publicly for failing to be responsible about paying a debt I owed to his good friend.... there were rocky waters and hurt feelings all round to be sure. But never, throughout any of it, would I have imagined an NWP/DonkDown without Todd Witteles.

Say what you will about Druff - and I've heard all the arguments - the guy is a forum legend, one hell of an intelligent person, and a fantastic poster. His incessant arguing is what makes him unforgettable. His insight and well-thought-out, well-written BS engender a serious, if at times exasperating, balance to the brutal constancy of silliness and filth on these forums.

I'm posting this today to go public with how I feel.

Many of you know that I am a huge Howard Stern fan. One thing I'll say about Howard - he never fires anyone. He never burns bridges with his people. The folks he built his empire with are *family*, and even when they fuck up, piss him off, or completely lose their composure, they remain. This is how I operate as well, and why I was completely outraged when DonkDown decided to part ways with Druff. It smacked of complete disregard not only for family bonds, but for the culture of the site itself. The survival of the site. DonkDown has been dead to me since this occurred.

Now I realize it's a small loss in the general market of poker forums, as the age of the poker forum is pretty much dead anyway. But it is still a loss, and a misdeed. It is wrong, and cannot be ignored.

How many of you agree with this, and are posting here out of allegiance to a standard of blood being thicker than water - an understanding of that certain nuance that made NWP great? How many of you are ready to contribute what you can to make this place entertaining? Or are you just here to play that same old tired song, trolling Druff and tossing used-up insults into the ring?

Load Metric
    I for one am not here to troll anyone.... if it starts to turn into DD i'm going elsewhere.

I was shocked at what happened to him over there but i didn't know the full story. 5 knives in and out of his back (Schoenfeld & Martha -lol). Must have been brutal. I wonder if he saw any of it coming.

But then again i don't know much because i wasn't involved.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    From the old days when I used to laugh till my sides hurt posting on NWP, through the latter DonkDown / splintered forums age, Dan Druff has not always been a good friend to me. However, I don't think anyone here can argue that he was not an integral part of the forum life we all knew and enjoyed. He was the yin to Micon's yang - the balance and the brains. Whatever transpired between us personally, from the time my personal photos were hacked and posted on NWP and the management decision was to let them stay, to the poorly handled firing of FckVwls from NWP (and my even less professional reaction).... to the efforts of Druff to denounce me publicly for failing to be responsible about paying a debt I owed to his good friend.... there were rocky waters and hurt feelings all round to be sure. But never, throughout any of it, would I have imagined an NWP/DonkDown without Todd Witteles.

Say what you will about Druff - and I've heard all the arguments - the guy is a forum legend, one hell of an intelligent person, and a fantastic poster. His incessant arguing is what makes him unforgettable. His insight and well-thought-out, well-written BS engender a serious, if at times exasperating, balance to the brutal constancy of silliness and filth on these forums.

I'm posting this today to go public with how I feel.

Many of you know that I am a huge Howard Stern fan. One thing I'll say about Howard - he never fires anyone. He never burns bridges with his people. The folks he built his empire with are *family*, and even when they fuck up, piss him off, or completely lose their composure, they remain. This is how I operate as well, and why I was completely outraged when DonkDown decided to part ways with Druff. It smacked of complete disregard not only for family bonds, but for the culture of the site itself. The survival of the site. DonkDown has been dead to me since this occurred.

Now I realize it's a small loss in the general market of poker forums, as the age of the poker forum is pretty much dead anyway. But it is still a loss, and a misdeed. It is wrong, and cannot be ignored.

How many of you agree with this, and are posting here out of allegiance to a standard of blood being thicker than water - an understanding of that certain nuance that made NWP great? How many of you are ready to contribute what you can to make this place entertaining? Or are you just here to play that same old tired song, trolling Druff and tossing used-up insults into the ring?
    Hi Vwls,

Let me introduce myself. I joined DD post Druff era, but I have listened to quite a few archived shows involving Druff. I do not know the history or backstory of your leaked photos or firing. Like you I was outraged when another family member, Brandon Drexel Gerson pretty much got stabbed in the back by Bryan Micon.

I am posting here due to the fact I share the same sentiments and opinions as Todd on the game of poker, how a forum should be run and what makes good radio. Donkdown has become a clusterfuck with no direction and has been lacking in quality of content for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    Welcome Bootsy - I am a big fan of your avatar's namesake. Flashlight is still one of the greatest songs ever made.

Load Metric
    Welcome Bootsy - I am a big fan of your avatar's namesake. Flashlight is still one of the greatest songs ever made.
    Thanks. One question that I have is what is your opinion on the Drexel/Micon fallout. Who do you believe more in the he said he said bullshit?
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric

In all seriousness, I've been a lurker slash small time poster since NWP and it's usually been entertaining reading your stuff. Glad to see you posting here.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    Thanks. One question that I have is what is your opinion on the Drexel/Micon fallout. Who do you believe more in the he said he said bullshit?
    Honestly Bootsy I don't know what happened, and I am still not sure of Drexel's role in the excommunication of Druff. What I will say is that is you bring someone into your forum management family, entrust them with the livelihood / success of your business - more - make them an integral piece of the character of your online presence - you better be willing to work your ass off to fix things if they go awry. If you flagrantly toss them away when you disagree, you are an asshole. Plain and simple. No business sense. Treat the people you build your forum with like they are your brothers. Or get the fuck out.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I could drop so much dirt up in this bitch and and take it to the next level

but I won't

Load Metric
    As far as I'm concerned, Druff was the main contributor to the forum and more of a draw for me than Micon. Micon posts funny and silly stuff from time to time but the real things of substance came from Druff. His exile definitely turned me off to the site.

Load Metric
    Honestly Bootsy I don't know what happened, and I am still not sure of Drexel's role in the excommunication of Druff. What I will say is that is you bring someone into your forum management family, entrust them with the livelihood / success of your business - more - make them an integral piece of the character of your online presence - you better be willing to work your ass off to fix things if they go awry. If you flagrantly toss them away when you disagree, you are an asshole. Plain and simple. No business sense. Treat the people you build your forum with like they are your brothers. Or get the fuck out.
    I don't really think Drexel did mean anything malicious to Druff. I believe he was backing up someone who he thought was his best friend.
    I honestly think from meeting Micon and Drexel in person is that Micon has indeed snapped from living in Las Vegas. It is pretty much known that Micon did refuse to give me a DonkDown hat even when I tried paying for it. What I will say and hasn't been said yet but Bryan Micon was following Allen Kessler like an asian housewife hitting the slots. Micon thinks that he can become like Allen Kessler even though he lacks the discipline and money management as we came to find out. Honestly I do think that Bryan is an intelligent person but his vices have completely caught up with him and he is oblivious that he is hurting himself and his loved ones. He is an addict straight up.

Load Metric
    I don't really think Drexel did mean anything malicious to Druff. I believe he was backing up someone who he thought was his best friend.
    I honestly think from meeting Micon and Drexel in person is that Micon has indeed snapped from living in Las Vegas. It is pretty much known that Micon did refuse to give me a DonkDown hat even when I tried paying for it. What I will say and hasn't been said yet but Bryan Micon was following Allen Kessler like an asian housewife hitting the slots. Micon thinks that he can become like Allen Kessler even though he lacks the discipline and money management as we came to find out. Honestly I do think that Bryan is an intelligent person but his vices have completely caught up with him and he is oblivious that he is hurting himself and his loved ones. He is an addict straight up.
    If you want a DD hat, I can send you mine. It's pink though - let me know.

Load Metric
    If you want a DD hat, I can send you mine. It's pink though - let me know.
    LOL Brandon and JeannieRiders (who is a complete sweetheart) has sent me one along with some other goodies. I am no longer supporting that site. Will be supporting Venom and PFA.

Banned
    Load Metric
    one of these days I'm gonna sit down with a case of Beam and hammer out about 50,000 words on this fucking abortion

Load Metric
    I can honestly say NWP finally died in my heart the day Druff left DD. The circumstances surrounding the split only made things worse- anyone with half a clue knew and knows he LOVED that site. It was something he poured his heart and soul into for YEARS without making a single fucking dime off of it. NWP/DD meant a lot to the man and love him or hate him (there is hardly middle ground it seems) it was impossible to not see and feel his passion and love for the site. When Druff did the farewell radio show, it moved me nearly to tears. He did a damn good job of hiding the depth of his emotions and to keep things on track and with a narrow focus, but just beneath the surface he was clearly hurt and to me that is an injustice and an OUTRAGE. YOU DON'T FUCKING TURN YOUR BACK ON SOMEONE WHO HAS SELFLESSLY WORKED HARD ON A LABOR OF LOVE FOR YEARS ---- YEARS!!!--- LIKE THAT. I don't give a FUCK how you feel about Druff personally you are compelled to respect the man's hard work and dedication over the years. You don't STEAL what he worked so hard to build, where is the fucking honor? Druff deserved respect and compassion from his counterparts. Plain and simple. I never got over the whole thing and really wished the very site I am posting on now existed for several months. I have posted more here in the last 2-3 days than I have the last 6 months or longer and sorry Bryan, no offense I don't know you but I am another lost member to your horrible decision making in life and business. FFS MAN, DRUFF BUILT YOUR EMPIRE, what were you thinking??

Rip NWP, you have finally died in my heart. PFA is a rebirth and things will never be the same but I am ok with that. On to a much bigger and better future.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    one of these days I'm gonna sit down with a case of Beam and hammer out about 50,000 words on this fucking abortion
    Jesus Christ, you are a fucking cumstain.

Just such a fucking pathetic, poor excuse for a human being. Pure vile and filth - nothing to add to society.

Go back to fucking your dog and your uncle you fucking crackhead.

PS: I too like to poke fun at Todd, but overall he is a good, trustworthy guy, that even as a random stranger, I know I could escrow $10K with him if I had to and never even have to sweat if I would see the money back.

What Micon did to him was unacceptable. As Chaps would say, not even the finest cannabis can calm me down.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    I can honestly say NWP finally died in my heart the day Druff left DD. The circumstances surrounding the split only made things worse- anyone with half a clue knew and knows he LOVED that site. It was something he poured his heart and soul into for YEARS without making a single fucking dime off of it. NWP/DD meant a lot to the man and love him or hate him (there is hardly middle ground it seems) it was impossible to not see and feel his passion and love for the site. When Druff did the farewell radio show, it moved me nearly to tears. He did a damn good job of hiding the depth of his emotions and to keep things on track and with a narrow focus, but just beneath the surface he was clearly hurt and to me that is an injustice and an OUTRAGE. YOU DON'T FUCKING TURN YOUR BACK ON SOMEONE WHO HAS SELFLESSLY WORKED HARD ON A LABOR OF LOVE FOR YEARS ---- YEARS!!!--- LIKE THAT. I don't give a FUCK how you feel about Druff personally you are compelled to respect the man's hard work and dedication over the years. You don't STEAL what he worked so hard to build, where is the fucking honor? Druff deserved respect and compassion from his counterparts. Plain and simple. I never got over the whole thing and really wished the very site I am posting on now existed for several months. I have posted more here in the last 2-3 days than I have the last 6 months or longer and sorry Bryan, no offense I don't know you but I am another lost member to your horrible decision making in life and business. FFS MAN, DRUFF BUILT YOUR EMPIRE, what were you thinking??

Rip NWP, you have finally died in my heart. PFA is a rebirth and things will never be the same but I am ok with that. On to a much bigger and better future.
    excellent

Load Metric
    wooohooo
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

LOL

Jesus Fucking Christ Mike

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    DD was at it's peak till the black cock thing hit.

Druff got it right with this forum so far IMO

Load Metric
    The way Druff was treated at the end of his DD run was totally reprehensible. The only reason to stay at DD was to wait for an appropriate replacement, which is what we have here.

I could not be happier to see the strong start this place has had. Todd gives a fuck about stuff, does what he says, and says what he means. I'll support this place any way I can.

Thread Information