Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Apparently realizing they had failed to kill an innocent black man in Baton Rouge, police course corrected quickly.

Load Metric
    Philando Castile shooting: officer said he felt in danger after smelling pot in car
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ashcam-footage

Castile posed a threat because he used drug in front of daughter, officer said
    Officer also failed to disclose that Castile said he wasn’t reaching for his gun

“I thought if he’s, if he has the, the guts and the audacity to smoke marijuana in front of the five-year-old girl and risk her lungs and risk her life by giving her secondhand smoke and the front-seat passenger doing the same thing then what, what care does he give about me?” he said.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Honestly, they just come off as kind of lazy and casual up until they killed an innocent man. Kind of sauntered up, was polite, and then just got terrifically shook because a black guy had a legal gun and moved. Programming glitch. The cops demeanor didn't suggest he was looking to kill someone. Just easily shook and attended one too many Inner warrior courses.

Usually that type of thing doesn't appeal to the alpha male you'd think. The insecure and those that lack confidence gravitate to that type of thing. That's what you see here. Inexperienced, insecure, and lacking confidence. Amazing they get off. Don't think they should do life or anything when it's an honest programming fuckup, but they need to do a decade when they take an entirely innocent life over a miscommunication on a tail light pull over.

oh except

Yanez told the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension:

“I thought, I was gonna die and I thought if he’s, if he has the, the guts and the audacity to smoke marijuana in front of the five-year-old girl and risk her lungs and risk her life by giving her secondhand smoke and the front seat passenger doing the same thing then what, what care does he give about me.”

Guys he shot him because he smelled weed in the car, which Im guessing was smoked by the wife.
    Didn't watch the video, don't plan to (did read transcripts)...but:

The girlfriend admitted they had both smoked weed the day of the shooting, and that they are both daily smokers, but I'm not sure if the blood test taken after death (or any blood test for that matter) could determine *how high* either of them were. If he were indeed high as a giraffe ass, I can completely see indecision, coupled with nervousness etc, on the part of Philando contributing to the result. And before people go off on me saying I'm excusing the cop...I ALSO think that the next logical step in what should have been his training was to ask where the firearm was, and clear direct and calm instructions on how to proceed.

What people fail to realize in situations is that sometimes both sides went about things the wrong way. This just might be one of those times.

Load Metric
    respectfully, here is where your assertion falls apart:

being a cop, at face value, means being able to determine when the application of lethal force is justified.

absolutely nothing here justified lethal force. nothing.

he pulled him over 'because he had a broad nose'. check the transcript, im not making that up.

he emptied his clip with a toddler in the line of fire, claiming he 'did what he could' to avoid hitting her. again, not making that up.

this isnt a case of 'oh well circumstances conspired' its a case of an actual honest to god racist coward simpleton shooting a civilian because he was too mentally weak to do his job responsibly.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Keep ducking your blackface past jason

Load Metric
    No but we get it tine is outraged 😄🤔😴😱👎

Gold
    Load Metric
    I get it, Tine, I really do. But at what point with an officer yelling at you to not reach for it do you stop and put your hands as high as God or your headliner allow? I'm saying that if he was baked, his reaction times slowed and *just possibly* might have had something to do with the cop jumping to the conclusion he did....which I am not excusing. Just playing devil's advocate. My wife hates it when I do it too, but I'm cursed with objectively looking at things and trying to see both sides. I also completely loath political arguments, and other racially/socially charged event discussions, but for some stupid reason, here I am in the middle of this conversation.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    I get it, Tine, I really do. But at what point with an officer yelling at you to not reach for it do you stop and put your hands as high as God or your headliner allow? I'm saying that if he was baked, his reaction times slowed and *just possibly* might have had something to do with the cop jumping to the conclusion he did....which I am not excusing. Just playing devil's advocate. My wife hates it when I do it too, but I'm cursed with objectively looking at things and trying to see both sides. I also completely loath political arguments, and other racially/socially charged event discussions, but for some stupid reason, here I am in the middle of this conversation.

Comments

wrenchjockey: my thoughts exactly

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I have gotten banned on 2+2 for my views on this subject, but I think police "targeting" young black men is a effect, not a cause. The bottom line is that young black men in America are disproportionately violent, criminal and armed, including violent crimes targeted against police officers; and every police officer in the country knows it, and as long as this is the case they are going to keep being "profiled". The illiberal left can't even pull the racism card as much as they would like because half the time it is a minority police officer. A black police officer from the ghetto knows first hand what their fellow young black men are capable of and the last thing they want to do is become another statistic of black on black violent crime.

I am not going to defend individual police actions in this case, or any other. There are thousands upon thousands of police encounters with young black men engaged in suspicious, oftentimes criminal, activity every day. When this happens, there is going to be cops killing black men, and the other way around too. It is inevitable.

The bottom line is that there is a very good reason that young black men are being profiled by police, because they are highly disproportionately dangerous criminals engaged in criminal activity at any moment, and if they want to change the narrative it first needs to start with them as a group cleaning up their behavior.

Now I know there is probably some socio-economic downstream stuff that might need to happen first before young men stop engaging in criminal behavior so much, such as education, dads raising their kids, more opportunity, etc. And I don't pretend to have the answers for any of this. But I do know as long as being a young black men dressed a certain way, driving a certain type of car, smoking weed, etc. makes you statistically tremendously more likely to be an armed criminal, police are going to keep "prolifing" and targeting black men. It is just how it is, and you cant fix an effect without fixing the cause first.

Comments

big dick: great post

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    respectfully, here is where your assertion falls apart:

being a cop, at face value, means being able to determine when the application of lethal force is justified.

absolutely nothing here justified lethal force. nothing.

he pulled him over 'because he had a broad nose'. check the transcript, im not making that up.

he emptied his clip with a toddler in the line of fire, claiming he 'did what he could' to avoid hitting her. again, not making that up.

this isnt a case of 'oh well circumstances conspired' its a case of an actual honest to god racist coward simpleton shooting a civilian because he was too mentally weak to do his job responsibly.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I have gotten banned on 2+2 for my views on this subject, but I think police "targeting" young black men is a effect, not a cause. The bottom line is that young black men in America are disproportionately violent, criminal and armed, including violent crimes targeted against police officers; and every police officer in the country knows it, and as long as this is the case they are going to keep being "profiled". The illiberal left can't even pull the racism card as much as they would like because half the time it is a minority police officer. A black police officer from the ghetto knows first hand what their fellow young black men are capable of and the last thing they want to do is become another statistic of black on black violent crime.

I am not going to defend individual police actions in this case, or any other. There are thousands upon thousands of police encounters with young black men engaged in suspicious, oftentimes criminal, activity every day. When this happens, there is going to be cops killing black men, and the other way around too. It is inevitable.

The bottom line is that there is a very good reason that young black men are being profiled by police, because they are highly disproportionately dangerous criminals engaged in criminal activity at any moment, and if they want to change the narrative it first needs to start with them as a group cleaning up their behavior.

Now I know there is probably some socio-economic downstream stuff that might need to happen first before young men stop engaging in criminal behavior so much, such as education, dads raising their kids, more opportunity, etc. And I don't pretend to have the answers for any of this. But I do know as long as being a young black men dressed a certain way, driving a certain type of car, smoking weed, etc. makes you statistically tremendously more likely to be an armed criminal, police are going to keep "prolifing" and targeting black men. It is just how it is, and you cant fix an effect without fixing the cause first.

Do you honestly believe any of that?

i mean that's some ignorant tl;dr shit here.

you're full of shit actually. there's systemic racism in POLICE DEPARTMENTS across america. Maybe if we stopped hiring fucking racists to be in control of law enforcement, then maybe stupid fucking things like the Castille shooting won't happen.

And don't give me the fucking "do what they say" shit. he was doing what the cop said.

a man was killed lawfully carrying a fire arm, and not ONE single word from the NRA. not one single word of outrage from all the 2A nut jubs.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Black men are 13% of the population and commit 50% of violent crime. And this is probably an understimation cause I am sure a lot of black on black gang crime isn't even reported.

Drop this 50% down to 13% and all the institutional police racism will completely dissapear. It is really that simple.

But you keep drinking the illiberal kool aid that it is simply a case of institutionalized white racism against blacks, and ignore the reality that a large % of police officers, including police officers involved in killing black men, aren't even white anymore.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I actually ran the statistics once a couple years ago, and statistically given the percent of violent crime black men commit, including violent crimes against police officers, they are actually killed by police disproportionately less than they should be.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Just did some quick googling to get some raw statistics.

"2009 statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics reveal that blacks were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the 75 biggest counties in the country, but were only 26% of people killed by police.

Black and Hispanic police officers are more likely to fire a gun at blacks than white officers. This is according to a Department of Justice report in 2015 about the Philadelphia Police Department, and is further confirmed that by a study conducted University of Pennsylvania criminologist Greg Ridgeway in 2015 that determined black cops were 3.3 times more likely to fire a gun than other cops at a crime scene.

Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops. This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black. According to Mac Donald, the police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

-Looks like the raw facts support the notion that police are disproportionately not killing black men, compared to how much black men kill police officers and civilians. Go ahead and disupte this if you feel I am misinterpreting something.

Banned
    Load Metric
    More of a poverty issue than simply blacks commit more crime.

Load Metric
    Black men are 13% of the population and commit 50% of violent crime. And this is probably an understimation cause I am sure a lot of black on black gang crime isn't even reported.

Drop this 50% down to 13% and all the institutional police racism will completely dissapear. It is really that simple.

But you keep drinking the illiberal kool aid that it is simply a case of institutionalized white racism against blacks, and ignore the reality that a large % of police officers, including police officers involved in killing black men, aren't even white anymore.
    I actually ran the statistics once a couple years ago, and statistically given the percent of violent crime black men commit, including violent crimes against police officers, they are actually killed by police disproportionately less than they should be.
    Just did some quick googling to get some raw statistics.

"2009 statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics reveal that blacks were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the 75 biggest counties in the country, but were only 26% of people killed by police.

Black and Hispanic police officers are more likely to fire a gun at blacks than white officers. This is according to a Department of Justice report in 2015 about the Philadelphia Police Department, and is further confirmed that by a study conducted University of Pennsylvania criminologist Greg Ridgeway in 2015 that determined black cops were 3.3 times more likely to fire a gun than other cops at a crime scene.

Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops. This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black. According to Mac Donald, the police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

-Looks like the raw facts support the notion that police are disproportionately not killing black men, compared to how much black men kill police officers and civilians. Go ahead and disupte this if you feel I am misinterpreting something.

Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    More of a poverty issue than simply blacks commit more crime.

George Steinbrenner

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Ok, so it is a poverty issue.

Well, blacks are 13% of the population and 24% of blacks are considered poor (I looked this up) so using simple math that means 3% of the US population is poor blacks. Whites on the other hand are 63% of the population and 9% are considered poor, which means 5.7% of the US population is poor whites.

So if it was a poverty thing then whites should commit twice as much violent crimes as blacks in this country. We all know this isn't close to true. Blacks actually commite MORE violent crimes than whites.

Interestingly, twice as many whites as blacks are killed by police every year on average. So it looks like poverty does correlate to police killing demographics. But it doesn't correlate at all to black crime statistics.

If anything, the poverty argument supports the notion that police disproportionately target whites over blacks.

Comments

big dick: ding ding

Platinum
    Load Metric
    P.S.

I would have been banned on 2+2 a long time ago. Illiberals hate when you use the truth to dispel their false narratives.

Load Metric
    we get it verminaard, you're racist.

Comments

The_Lurker: no shit?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    P.S.

I would have been banned on 2+2 a long time ago. Illiberals hate when you use the truth to dispel their false narratives.

maybe they just hate racists?

Todd just had a discussion about this on radio. This is a free speech forum. that isn't.

we hate racists here too,however the owner lets you have your racist hate speech triads. You should thank him.

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Ok, so it is a poverty issue.

Well, blacks are 13% of the population and 24% of blacks are considered poor (I looked this up) so using simple math that means 3% of the US population is poor blacks. Whites on the other hand are 63% of the population and 9% are considered poor, which means 5.7% of the US population is poor whites.

So if it was a poverty thing then whites should commit twice as much violent crimes as blacks in this country. We all know this isn't close to true. Blacks actually commite MORE violent crimes than whites.

Interestingly, twice as many whites as blacks are killed by police every year on average. So it looks like poverty does correlate to police killing demographics. But it doesn't correlate at all to black crime statistics.

If anything, the poverty argument supports the notion that police disproportionately target whites over blacks.
    hey dipshit, looking something up on stormfront doesn't mean shit.

George Steinbrenner

Thread Information