Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Apparently realizing they had failed to kill an innocent black man in Baton Rouge, police course corrected quickly.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I am not really going to devolve into the personal attack, name calling thing. Not my style.

If you have an actual argument that is supported by facts by all means present it. If you don't than that is cool. You do you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I am not really going to devolve into the personal attack, name calling thing. Not my style.

If you have an actual argument that is supported by facts by all means present it. If you don't than that is cool. You do you.
    Have you provided any links? Surely, since you googled this information you could've provided links for other posters to follow your path to information in your post. Akin to citing a source. You've cited no source. Therefore, you've stated no facts.

And so far, the only thing you've done is prove that you are racially motivated to find statistics that fit your agenda. I think that's what Sonatine and Larry Laffer are trying to point out, if ever so crudely by resorting to name calling and calling you a racist.

Load Metric
    lol @ calling him a racist.

Banned
    Load Metric
    For the period 2008–12—
    Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000)
    Persons in poor households had a higher rate of violence involving a firearm (3.5 per 1,000) compared to persons above the FPL (0.8–2.5 per 1,000).
    The overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both whites and blacks. However, the rate of violent victimization for Hispanics did not vary across poverty levels.
    Poor Hispanics (25.3 per 1,000) had lower rates of violence compared to poor whites (46.4 per 1,000) and poor blacks (43.4 per 1,000).
    Poor persons living in urban areas (43.9 per 1,000) had violent victimization rates similar to poor persons living in rural areas (38.8 per 1,000).
    Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).

https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5137

Like I said, this is a poverty issue.
    Last edited by lewfather; 06-21-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Honestly, they just come off as kind of lazy and casual up until they killed an innocent man. Kind of sauntered up, was polite, and then just got terrifically shook because a black guy had a legal gun and moved. Programming glitch. The cops demeanor didn't suggest he was looking to kill someone. Just easily shook and attended one too many Inner warrior courses.

Usually that type of thing doesn't appeal to the alpha male you'd think. The insecure and those that lack confidence gravitate to that type of thing. That's what you see here. Inexperienced, insecure, and lacking confidence. Amazing they get off. Don't think they should do life or anything when it's an honest programming fuckup, but they need to do a decade when they take an entirely innocent life over a miscommunication on a tail light pull over.
    Yes, pretty much what I think about this one.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Lol cmoney... saying theyre programmed by their shitty environment is pretty weak. I know you can be objective about almost any topic but youre speaking from a weird white privilege view here.

Just watch the 30 for 30 about boston and LA that just aired. Blacks were drawing stone dead to gain respect from whites as early as 50 years ago. Sports Illustrated was writing articles in fucking 1979 about whether the NBA was too black to take seriously as a professional sport. Todd was jacking off all over his keyboard within a couple years. Jewdonk had already fucked those beach bunnies.
    I don't see what 1979 has to do with any of this.

The controversial black-men-shot-by-cops stories of the past 4 years have all involved males who weren't adults (or weren't alive) in 1979.

The bottom line is that there is a glorification of violence in the black community, and the lack of two-parent families and the poverty also aren't helping matters.

But it's not just the poverty. There are lots of really poor white towns (you see plenty of them driving through Nevada), and despite the prevalence of bad drug problems and little opportunity, violent crime is very low.

Unfortunately, I believe that violence in the black community is cultural, but it's politically incorrect to say so.

Bill Cosby was one of the few black people speaking out about that, but then it turned out he was a rapist, so no one is going to listen to him anymore.

Comments

LarryLaffer: its rather unfortunate you believe that

El Gallo: Jesus

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    For the period 2008–12—
    Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000)
    Persons in poor households had a higher rate of violence involving a firearm (3.5 per 1,000) compared to persons above the FPL (0.8–2.5 per 1,000).
    The overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both whites and blacks. However, the rate of violent victimization for Hispanics did not vary across poverty levels.
    Poor Hispanics (25.3 per 1,000) had lower rates of violence compared to poor whites (46.4 per 1,000) and poor blacks (43.4 per 1,000).
    Poor persons living in urban areas (43.9 per 1,000) had violent victimization rates similar to poor persons living in rural areas (38.8 per 1,000).
    Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).

https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5137

Like I said, this is a poverty issue.
    Ok. That doesn't support the narrative that police are unfairly targeting blacks due to systemic racism. This supports the narrative blacks are disproportionately violent criminals because they are disproportionately poor.

You can argue that blacks are disproportionately poor because of systemic racism, but that has nothing to do with the police, and throwing a jihad against police isn't going to solve any of this.

In fact, there really is no evidence at all supporting the "police unfairly targeting blacks due to racism" angle. All there is is CNN selectively showing videos of cops shooting blacks (and ignoring the 2x as many videos of them shooting whites) and building a false narrative from this.

Load Metric
    Before the prevalence of cell phones with cameras & video capabilities the narrative was how hard & scary police work was being put in life threatening situations every hour of every day. All we, as the public, had to go by was what was reported in court or police reports & it was pretty reasonable to believe this kind of stuff & probably easy for other police officers to believe it as well.

Since the advent of easy video it's become very apparent that the police are just full of shit. What we're seeing on these videos in no way resembles what they put in a police report or testify to in court & these were always thought to be factual. If police are more than willing to write pure fiction in a police report when they know they are being videotaped why would anyone think all these past incidents or those not being videotaped nowadays were/are being reported properly?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Before the prevalence of cell phones with cameras & video capabilities the narrative was how hard & scary police work was being put in life threatening situations every hour of every day. All we, as the public, had to go by was what was reported in court or police reports & it was pretty reasonable to believe this kind of stuff & probably easy for other police officers to believe it as well.

Since the advent of easy video it's become very apparent that the police are just full of shit. What we're seeing on these videos in no way resembles what they put in a police report or testify to in court & these were always thought to be factual. If police are more than willing to write pure fiction in a police report when they know they are being videotaped why would anyone think all these past incidents or those not being videotaped nowadays were/are being reported properly?
    So you think you know all you need to know about police work because you see a 20 second youtube click every once in a while, that of course has been selected exactly because it shows you exactly what whoever edited it wants you to believe??

You have no idea what it is like having your job being dealing with the absolute lowest scum of society day in and day out, year after year. I have a feeling that if most of us actually were a police officer for a couple years we would find we would start thinking and reacting to situations a lot differently than we think we would.

I am not saying every police officer is perfect, or the system is perfect. Lets be honest. There probably arent enough qualifed people in the country that have the correct psychological makeup to be a good police officer who are willing to do the job for $45k/year, so there is always going to be be bad police officers who make bad decisions. All else being equal, given how violent and criminal our society is, police as a whole probably do about as well as to be expected.

I am just saying the entire narrative of police having institutionalized racism against black people is a false narrative, and we need to stop drinking the kool-aid the media is pouring for us, and realize we are being manipulated by higher powers that have their own ends, and those ends have nothing to do with fixing any of the problems in our society today.

Load Metric
    Thanks for missing the point.

Carry on.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Name:  19430138_1345234275597854_6809081666838385249_n.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  40.5 KB
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Name:  19430138_1345234275597854_6809081666838385249_n.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  40.5 KB
    Perhaps she was practicing for the TPD's centennial celebration of the 1921 Tulsa Race Riot.

Comments

Tellafriend: So awful.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    AIU usually has an interesting, fact based analysis, this one's no exception.

Hear both sides.

For those that didn't watch
    7 person jury found him not guilty of manslaughter. Two were black, good enough for me.
    Trevor Noah's a fuckin liar and gets pwned @ 9 min.
    Tamir Rice is mentioned, he was shot because he had a toy gun.
    What's never mentioned is that year 23 whites killed with toy gun vs 5 blacks.
    Oh and the officer isn't white, but close enough, wtf.

Trevor Noah smh
    Jon Stuart with Trump as pres. would be GOLD.
    It's about time for a comeback imo.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 06-24-2017 at 05:30 AM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Well that was quick.

The mother of Philando Castile has reached a nearly $3 million settlement with the city of St. Anthony over all civil claims related to the fatal shooting of her son by one of the city’s police officers during a traffic stop last summer.

The agreement was announced Monday morning in conjunction with the city. It was negotiated by Valerie Castile’s attorneys, Robert Bennett and Glenda Hatchett.
    The bolded part seems to indicate that Officer Yanez will not face a civil suit in the matter.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/06/26...ment-in-death/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    Well that was quick.

The mother of Philando Castile has reached a nearly $3 million settlement with the city of St. Anthony over all civil claims related to the fatal shooting of her son by one of the city’s police officers during a traffic stop last summer.

The agreement was announced Monday morning in conjunction with the city. It was negotiated by Valerie Castile’s attorneys, Robert Bennett and Glenda Hatchett.
    The bolded part seems to indicate that Officer Yanez will not face a civil suit in the matter.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/06/26...ment-in-death/
    Not altogether surprising it was settled so soon after this verdict. 3 million birds in the hand are worth 6 million in the bush.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    yanez was never going to face a civil lawsuit.

any lawyer would tell you that you sue the municipal government.

You sue the cop you got what? his mortgage?
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    The officer was never going to face a civil lawsuit.

Here. I fixed your post. Journalism 101 dictates that if a police officer is not white and does not have a white sounding name, you never actually say his name or show any pictures. The narrative is that white police officers shoot black victims. Anytime reality interferes with that narrative you just leave out the details.

YW

Comments

Tellafriend: applause

FPS_Russia: true

varys: Passive, pretentious. How many cops in your family again?

Load Metric

Here. I fixed your post. Journalism 101 dictates that if a police officer is not white and does not have a white sounding name, you never actually say his name or show any pictures. The narrative is that white police officers shoot black victims. Anytime reality interferes with that narrative you just leave out the details.

YW

LoL

kindly get fucked please
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    yanez was never going to face a civil lawsuit.

red repping you has gotten boring.

Larr, you really don't know what you are talking about. Shocker I know.

Suing a municipality under Sec 1983 is almost impossible to succeed. You have to show a policy or practice under Monell. So, its easier to just sue the cop and the insurance or a dept agreement with defend and likely indemnify the officer.

Stick with what you know.

Load Metric

YW

The narrative is that *white racist voter-protected* police shoot *minority* victims. That's why Jeff Sessions is pushing to gut federal oversight of badly behaving local police deparments.

Comments

El Gallo:

Thread Information