I am hoping some here may have some helpful advice/opinions.

I have spent many hours reading information and reviews. At the end of the day I still feel confused and very undecided.

Cost: Not a factor.

Durability: Do not want overly fragile,temperamental and difficult to repair should something break. i.e's cords and ear cups.

Type: Full or on ear. For my use I believe closed backed or noise canceling is the most appropriate. I realize that there are drawbacks to these compared to others.

Sound: I listen to a broad range of music. I do not listen to much techno, house/club or jazz. Hip Hop and rap is not the focus but definitely have favorites in that genre. I like clear defined and nuanced but not to the point of being over analytical. Need the top end for Classical to folk and country music but do not desire excessively lacking bass. A lot of Folk/Americana music is much better with good mid range sound.

Confusion: The indecision stems from the problem of where I will be using these the most; A lap top computer. Often with others in close proximity. I do not know anything about amps etc. I do not know how practical they are for moving locations; everything goes into a computer carry case. Also much of the music will be coming from streaming sights so the bit rate etc. will vary. I cannot decide if I should go with just a good $250 to $600 model or if there is some value in going more high end and buying the amp and whatever else is necessary to power them for performance.

If there is more information necessary I will be happy to provide. I did use the search feature. No, I do not know anyone on the forum. Cheers and thank you.