Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: USA is number one in something, and it ain't freedom.

Load Metric

USA is number one in something, and it ain't freedom.

since I'm likely to spend time in jail for a probation violation (a failed drug test, which aren't 100% accurate or fool proof) i thought I'd leave this here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit...rceration_rate

In October 2013, the incarceration rate of the United States of America was the highest in the world, at 716 per 100,000 of the national population. While the United States represents about 4.4 percent of the world's population, it houses around 22 percent of the world's prisoners.[1] Corrections (which includes prisons, jails, probation, and parole) cost around $74 billion in 2007 according to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics.[2][3]

yeah we're free alright. as long as you keep buying those BigMacs and keep buying that gasoline and those cigarettes and that alchohol.

Comments

Mintjewlips: i hope you get ass raped in jail

MumblesBadly: Offseting the MintyFresh asswipe

wrenchjockey: Take some personal responsibility you fuck. You know damn well you earned your PV, man up and do the time. Reverse double mumblefuck offset.

OSA: make as much trouble the first few days, its the best strategy

The_Lurker: partial reparations

sah_24: Big surprise another leftist that tends to be on the wrong side of the law. . .

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: Fuck off back to the trailor

Tegnation22: White trash

Brittney Griner's Clit: Laffer-Drexel 2020
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Silver
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Larry ain't going to jail. Larrys gonna drop clean in court and that'll be the end of it.

Comments

The_Lurker: does this mean you are going to suck the judges cock? on your bike bitch

Bootsy Collins: Shut it down junkie

wrenchjockey: Right...so you're waiting out the metabolism so the meth is out of your system. Here's to hoping they go for a hair sample.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 633
Size:  62.8 KB

George Steinbrenner

Gold
    Load Metric
    Speaking as one who has spent time in prison/jail...

Remember who got you into the situation you're in.

Comments

The_Lurker: being a man rep

Load Metric
    oh right, we gotta bunch of right wing non pot smoking redneck shitheels on this one.

hey guys, whats it like to be retarded inbred hicks from the hills?

Comments

The_Lurker: being a cunt rep

SysOp: the_lurker sure has "unplugged and gone to the camen with his lover, rofl

sah_24: I smoke spot and you are still fucking loser . . .

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post

yeah the rookie po who filed.

Comments

wrenchjockey: So you're on probation for funsies? Dude, get real with yourself.

sah_24: Libtard denial 101 . . .

George Steinbrenner

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post

if you only knew my real story and identity. you'd be saying something different

No, I wouldn't.

Load Metric
    I'm gonna go celebrate "freedom" now.

enjoy the day gentleman.

I'll be hanging myself in a closet after so if I'm not back later, that's the reason.

Comments

wrenchjockey: hels, is this true?

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: Here's hoping

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    do it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    do it
    don't do it, helium voice guy.

Load Metric
    So I am guessing Domestic Violence is what led to your probation.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Only a tiny percentage of those in prison didn't knowingly break the law.

Most of those complaining about the US incarceration rate are doing so from a societal standpoint, as if somehow society is supposed to stop the individual from deciding to commit crimes.

Furthermore, very few in prison are there because they were committing crimes in order to acquire basic necessities. For every guy in prison who was just trying to feed his starving family, there are 1000 who just wanted to get rich the easy way.

The privatized prison system needs reform (though not for the tinfoil hat reasons that judges are supposedly sentencing people in exchange for bribes), but I don't see what we're supposed to do about the incarceration rate.

Ignore crimes and just let people off? That's already happening too much as it is.

Release nonviolent recreational drug users? Okay, but they only make up a tiny percentage of those in prison.

Shorter sentences? I don't think that's a good idea, given that most criminals serve a short percentage of their sentence these days as it is.

Load Metric
    yeah judges don't sentence people for money from the private prison industry.

meet this guy, Mark Ciaviarella aka the "kids for cash" judge:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Ciavarella

Ciavarella pleaded guilty on February 13, 2009, pursuant to a plea agreement, to federal charges of honest services fraud, wire fraud and tax evasion in connection with receiving $2.6 million in kickbacks from Robert Powell and Robert Mericle, the co-owner and builder respectively, of two private, for-profit juvenile facilities. In exchange for these kickbacks, Ciavarella sentenced children to extended stays in juvenile detention for offenses as minimal as mocking a principal on Myspace, trespassing in a vacant building, and shoplifting DVDs from Wal-mart.[7] More specifically, the crimes charged were: conspiracy to deprive the public of the "intangible right of honest services", or corruption, and conspiracy to defraud the United States by failing to report income to the Internal Revenue Service.[8] Ciavarella tendered his resignation to Governor Ed Rendell on January 23, 2009, prior to official publication of the charges.[2]

yeah but that never happens.

oh hold on, IT DID and still does.

I anxiously await your response which will probably try and defend this asshat Kids For Cash judge. while I'm doing that, I'll be looking for and posting more examples of this behavior.
    Last edited by LarryLaffer; 07-04-2016 at 01:43 PM.

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric

the 2 biggest prison companies make 3 billion a year off the "industry"

but we're a free country.

we have 4% of the worlds population here, yet 25% of the prisoners.

between 1970 and 2005 the prison population rose 700%. that's faster than the crime rate, and the population rate.

let that sink in a bit.

we imprison more people than China.

yup, China.

Comments

sah_24: Big surprise a leftist criminal hating on prisons lol . . . cant make this shit up

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Only a tiny percentage of those in prison didn't knowingly break the law.

Most of those complaining about the US incarceration rate are doing so from a societal standpoint, as if somehow society is supposed to stop the individual from deciding to commit crimes.

Furthermore, very few in prison are there because they were committing crimes in order to acquire basic necessities. For every guy in prison who was just trying to feed his starving family, there are 1000 who just wanted to get rich the easy way.

The privatized prison system needs reform (though not for the tinfoil hat reasons that judges are supposedly sentencing people in exchange for bribes), but I don't see what we're supposed to do about the incarceration rate.

Ignore crimes and just let people off? That's already happening too much as it is.

Release nonviolent recreational drug users? Okay, but they only make up a tiny percentage of those in prison.

Shorter sentences? I don't think that's a good idea, given that most criminals serve a short percentage of their sentence these days as it is.
    Druff, you mentioned in another thread how you thought modern unions were essentially a scourge on our country. You couldn't have been more right on that point. At least regarding the question of marijuana legalization.

Because you prolly are already aware that police and prison guard unions in California are raising money to fight passage of that state's upcoming ballot initiative to legalize recreational pot.

https://theintercept.com/2016/05/18/...juana-measure/

Comments

LarryLaffer: falling on deaf ears rep
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

the 2 biggest prison companies make 3 billion a year off the "industry"

but we're a free country.

we have 4% of the worlds population here, yet 25% of the prisoners.

between 1970 and 2005 the prison population rose 700%. that's faster than the crime rate, and the population rate.

let that sink in a bit.

we imprison more people than China.

yup, China.
    That probably has something to do with the fact that it's much more difficult to get drugs and assault weapons in China. The vast majority of our prisoners are in for offenses related to those issues.

We definitely need drug reform, but it ain't happening anytime soon so enjoy your stay and try to lay off the pipe when you get out.

Load Metric
    oh and Re Druffs statement on the number of non violent drug offenders in prison being a low percentage.

nope.

n The US, 2013) Of the 3,910,647 adults on probation in the US at the end of 2013, 25% (approximately 977,662 people) had a drug charge as their most serious offense

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Pris....o2Qt5kRG.dpbs

25% is a pretty fucking big percentage. and that's for people on probation. which means you're in the system, paying money, stepping between the cracks.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Reality (again) has a progressive bias.

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Yeah, I believe Druff is mistaken there. Pretty sure the highest percentage of inmates are in for drug related offenses.

Load Metric
    Federal: "Fifty percent (95,800) of sentenced inmates in federal prison on September 30, 2014 (the most recent date for which federal offense data are available) were serving time for drug offenses(table 12, appendix table 5). In comparison to the 53% in state prisons, violent offenders represented 7% of the federal prison population (14,000 prisoners). Among female federal prisoners, 4% were convicted of violent crimes in 2014. Public order offenders made up 36% of the BOP population, and 9% of federal prisoners (17,000) were serving time for immigration offenses. Among Hispanics in federal prisons, 26% were sentenced for immigration offenses (16,100 inmates), and 57% were sentenced for drug crimes (36,000 inmates). Fifty-three percent of black federal prisoners were convicted drug offenders in 2014, and 25% served sentences for weapons offenses."

50% huh? yeah that's not a big number.

Comments

MumblesBadly: How many of those drug criminals were CEOs/upper management personnel of major pharmaceutical companies? #ThePrescriptionOpiodCrisisIsOffTheHook

George Steinbrenner

Thread Information