Thread: PFAXIT

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I really like 4Dragons and am genuinely sorry to see him go, if that's what he's doing.

So the below statement is not aimed at him....

... but I'm not doing this.

This forum pretty much runs itself. I made that clear when I started it in early 2012.

I'm not here to ban unpopular users or make sure that the content of the Flying Stupidity forum is top notch.

I keep the thing running, do radio approximately once per week, and write a good deal of content to keep this place more interesting.

That's all I can do, that's all I want to do, and that's all I have time for.

I agree that Mumbles is still dominating the forum, and I might have to restrict him down to 10 posts per day or something.
    Druff,

Since you asked me to cut back on posting, and keeping my comments relevant, I have taken great strides to do so. Here's how:

1) While I am an active poster, I'm already posting less than 10/day since you asked me to cut back on doing so. Here's proof: As of your comment today, I had 2440 posts.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 574
Size:  36.4 KB

10 days ago, I had 2347 posts.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 642
Size:  47.2 KB

That means I've averaged about 9.3 posts/day since then. But that number is probably much higher than I expect to post going forward since I had plenty of time at the tables in Vegas during the last 7 days to read and post while getting dealt an avalanche of shitty cards.

2) I have disciplined myself to mostly post on threads of particular interest, namely politics, poker, financial market stuff, and random/dumb stuff. Some of those topics, though, are especially interesting to me (Brexit and other politics), and I am following those topics like the unreformed political junkie that am I.

3) My posts have mostly been contributing stories that I ran across on the topic that contributed to the discussion in the thread. AND because I want to give other users opportunities to post relevant news stories, I have intentionally did NOT posted about several relevant stories, waiting for other users to find them on their own and post about them.

4) Some users on here are so bent on pissing on me that when I post something that shows them they (or a user they like) made a mistake (prolly b/c its outside their area of expertise), they come storming in to shit on me instead of objectively reading the content of my posts. And in one case, one of them should even know that what I said was correct if (a) he wasn't so bent on hating me, or (b) is as much of an expert in his own career field as he believes he is!

5) And if you are going to post-restrict me to some particular number/day, you should consider doing so for all users. In fact, during the span from when I posted about my relative posting to sonatine's (mid-morning of 6/20) to just now, the OP posted an average of 14.4 times/day (144 over 10 days).

So, really, let's be frank about what is being said by some of the active members who continue to shit on me: Even 1 post/day in a thread they like to chatter in would be more than they want to tolerate, even if I were to gush ball-licking praise on how brilliant/funny/insightful they are.

Seriously. Look at the facts, sir. You are better than to be swayed by partisan rancor.

Comments

Muck Ficon: :noose

The_Lurker: go away now
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 06-30-2016 at 01:11 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information