Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Overpriced lonch here in Asia today

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackPipes and Kakfights View Post
    Just when you thought it couldn’t get worse. My complements to tonight’s chef, his cornflakes and bananas were lit AF.

Street traffic is down about 60percent where I live. Two cases in the four seasons and the W hotel.
    Got to be tough being a hermit. Personally I would be walking around, but keep in mind I have a superior immune system, likely in the upper .005% worldwide. There is very little that can penetrate my personal infrastructure. Wish I was there, I'd almost be like Elvis.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Our immune systems all react strongly to faggots like you

Muck Ficon: Tell us how much money you have

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Just when you thought it couldn’t get worse. My complements to tonight’s chef, his cornflakes and bananas were lit AF.

Street traffic is down about 60percent where I live. Two cases in the four seasons and the W hotel.
    Got to be tough being a hermit. Personally I would be walking around, but keep in mind I have a superior immune system, likely in the upper .005% worldwide. There is very little that can penetrate my personal infrastructure. Wish I was there, I'd almost be like Elvis.

LAF

Name:  images-2.jpeg
Views: 488
Size:  12.7 KB
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    I don’t think lonch is worth it over there.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Okay I am out and about and having a locally brewed Budweiser made under license. Food still sucks. Prices out of control but at least it is more hygienic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Honkey is under lockdown again but I can still dine out for lonch.

Today wasn’t bad. This is an eatery in mid levels serving NY Style Italian and run by Nepalis who seem to have cornered the Western cuisine market. They have got the garlic quotient right on the spot. Overall I give it the CrackPipes seal of approval.

Comments

dwai:

Also had kind of a ridiculous Caprese that they doused. I accept it though.

Load Metric

Today wasn’t bad. This is an eatery in mid levels serving NY Style Italian and run by Nepalis who seem to have cornered the Western cuisine market. They have got the garlic quotient right on the spot. Overall I give it the CrackPipes seal of approval.
    wat

What's the mood like there now that China has crushed the place? Or do you have to keep quiet now because they are monitoring the internet? If you get sent to a forced labor camp slip a note in a pair of Nikes so someone will know where you are.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

wat

What's the mood like there now that China has crushed the place?
    It’s pretty dark. Now the kids just hold up blank signs symbolizing their protests in the hope they can’t get picked up. I am ready to leave this garbage swirl but still employed here.

So strange the 7-11 business. Started in Texas bought by the Japanese in the 80s and one of the few things they have run up. All over Southeast Asia now filled with good Japanese products. To think this was an overpriced appendage to US gas stations. HBS case study please.

The future of America depends.

Banned
    Load Metric
    So strange the 7-11 business. Started in Texas bought by the Japanese in the 80s and one of the few things they have run up. All over Southeast Asia now filled with good Japanese products. To think this was an overpriced appendage to US gas stations. HBS case study please.

If tine was a chain of ice cream stores his name would be called premium line ice cream shop or premium line premium gelato shop

Lol at this liberal jew dean at mAAFontheway he evens out some of his 700

Quote Originally Posted by also yikes View Post

If tine was a chain of ice cream stores his name would be called premium line ice cream shop or premium line premium gelato shop

Hi LOL how’s the humidity in the basement!

Quote Originally Posted by also yikes View Post

Load Metric

7-11 looks clean, everything else looks filthy.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

this looks good, jealous

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

this looks good, jealous

but the right people and the right cinematographers are somehow responsible for this

also some other facts

LATEST BUSINESS VIDEOS-_-
    I NEGOTIATE THE HORRIBLE DOCTORS

Comments

blake: the GOAT

Load Metric
    Also had kind of a ridiculous Caprese that they doused. I accept it though.

Def no Tomatoes on the side. Druff how would you rate that?

Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Most of the food pics are not western fare. The beer, I grant you is mainly US. That is because most Asian craft is pretty generic. Young Master does some beers and Yona Yona in Japan has some good stuff. Also if you live outside the U.S. For a few years believe me that you will long for good bagels and pizza and subs.
    Schragels has real NY bagels in HK. The only place to go. As for pizza, Paisano's isn't bad.

Now a new location in mid levels. This is an improvement.

Technically this was not lonch but rather breffest so I should probably make another thread to keep this stuff straight.

But I am pressed for time. Is this a thing now? I see it only in Honkey, regular sized portions on gigantic white plates with no decoration. I think it’s awful presentation and does not encourage me to actually order more.

This is probably the most uninspired way to present food.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Agree on the plate size but at least it's not on a slate or block of wood.

Looks lovely - gerrit down yer trap and stop whining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Okay. After all this forum drahmah and snakes in the grass, let’s get back to brass tacks here. Chiefly the quality or lack thereof regarding my lonches in Hong Kong.

Finally I have a favorable report. Pizza joint in Happy Valley that is a good meld of Napoli style and non traditional toppings. My most recent lunch there I went for an orthodox Parma. I had a Deschutes craft and also a Stone.

These guys do it well on all aspects. They even took the sting out of that less than acceptable breffest I had the other day. More on that later. I am definitely not done addressing the myriad of issues there.

To those who commented, thank you for your insights and thoughts. You are also special. Enjoy the photos below. Over the years I will look back on them fondly.

CrackPipes

Thread Information