Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Overpriced lonch here in Asia today

Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    tasty looking pictures. What is the giant knife, sword looking thing in the sushi picture used for? I assume for cutting the fish, but it looks like its on the customer side?

I asked the owner to keep a weapon close to me so I could whack any triad with no manners into the great beyond.

Drinking this infamia from anchor now
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Now drinking this as a nightcap. This drop is very good in spite of its modest upbringing. Imagine a single barrel ripple if you could. This is Asian ghetto fabulous. Mori Izo Imo Jochu .

One day all the hipsters will learn of this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackPipes and Kakfights View Post
    tasty looking pictures. What is the giant knife, sword looking thing in the sushi picture used for? I assume for cutting the fish, but it looks like its on the customer side?

I asked the owner to keep a weapon close to me so I could whack any triad with no manners into the great beyond.
    Triad reference nice. You seen any triads ? They all tatted up or do they try and blend in ?

Triad reference nice. You seen any triads ? They all tatted up or do they try and blend in ?
    Most people people look like slobs here. But anybody who would eat in this restaurant would look like a businessman and not be obvious. Except for maybe chewing with their mouth open.

In other words at the higher levels they blend in. It's an Asian thang.

Load Metric
    Most people people look like slobs here. But anybody who would eat in this restaurant would look like a businessman and not be obvious. Except for maybe chewing with their mouth open.

In other words at the higher levels they blend in. It's an Asian thang.
    10 years ago the nice restaurants were in what looked like office buildings. You go up to the 5th floor and woo there was a restaurant. I didn't really like the food anywhere. A local told me that the best dim sum was actually in the Cathay pacific lounge. I tried it and it was good but sorry dim sum is still cheap meat, a heavy sauce and a wrap. From the look of your pictures the food looks much better. I assume these are HK pics. Have fun. I remember is was a very exciting town.

Load Metric
    so are you a white dude in Asia? or an Asian dude in Asia.

ive been wondering.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Probably things have gotten better but in comparison to Tokyo it seems so easy to get a Michelin star here. Here is a piZza from the joint I go to in sheung wan when I want to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

ive been wondering.
    I don't go in for the race thing . I am equally a banana as I am an egg. Raised about 50/50 between ny and Tokyo.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

ive been wondering.
    I don't go in for the race thing . I am equally a banana as I am an egg. Raised about 50/50 between ny and Tokyo.

ahh for sure.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Tucking into some Kagoshima pork to be done shabu shabu style. Washing it back with 500ml of asahi super dry. Well if you have to go with a mass produced beer asahi is okay.

Tucking into some Kagoshima pork to be done shabu shabu style. Washing it back with 500ml of asahi super dry. Well if you have to go with a mass produced beer asahi is okay.
    Correction Kumamoto pork!

What up sukaz. Enjoying now the Mikkeler, the Stone and the Lost Coast. Beer situation in hk is ok.

Load Metric
    I might be off my rocker here, but going to another country and eating fake western food just sounds like you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    I might be off my rocker here, but going to another country and eating fake western food just sounds like you're doing it wrong.

Most of the food pics are not western fare. The beer, I grant you is mainly US. That is because most Asian craft is pretty generic. Young Master does some beers and Yona Yona in Japan has some good stuff. Also if you live outside the U.S. For a few years believe me that you will long for good bagels and pizza and subs.

Comments

anonamoose: My gf cried and said she never wants to go back to HK when she had a bagel breakfast sandwich from Dunkin' Donuts

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

Most of the food pics are not western fare. The beer, I grant you is mainly US. That is because most Asian craft is pretty generic. Young Master does some beers and Yona Yona in Japan has some good stuff. Also if you live outside the U.S. For a few years believe me that you will long for good bagels and pizza and subs.
    Schragels has real NY bagels in HK. The only place to go. As for pizza, Paisano's isn't bad.

Load Metric

Gone to this place twice, hated it both times.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Schragels has real NY bagels in HK. The only place to go. As for pizza, Paisano's isn't bad.
    Went to Schragels and thank you for the recommendation.

Comments

hongkonger: You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

Gone to this place twice, hated it both times.
    Really? This wasn't Watami by the way.

Fantasy lunch in honkey today. Dining with the caucasians. Swiss restaurant in the peninsula

This was desert.

Thread Information